• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  love is madness; Hyaline Meeting - Members Only
    Exclamation 

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

Kensa has never lusted for power. She has followed her desires with abandon whenever possible but as the years roll on she finds herself less and less able to be the hedonist she has so long believed herself to be. Responsibility and her ever increasing ties to others create a web upon which she must carefully dance lest she become tangled within and lose her way. There are times when she wonders if she is not capable of maintaining it. Others are too bound up in the rules and moral constructs that suffocate love and freedom. Kensa is becoming like them, forced into the mold by the nature of her position.  No, that isn’t entirely true. She is not becoming like the others, she is just not as naive as she once was and is therefore unable to turn aside from anger or vengeance, or jealousy.

Jealousy like that which flared when Litotes announced he would be King to Dawn’s Queen. She did not care a bit about the trysts, or his little snowflake faced offshoots running all over (none as beautiful as her own children). She has had plenty of men in her bed and her favorite son does not belong to her husband, she enjoys her freedom though it has never been discussed between them. She expects other lovers, other loves but never a union. Never his being King to another Queen. A Queen who might have killed him on the Tephran field of battle. She is proud of course, here is his vengeance realized, and without any harm coming to her friend.  Kensa had gone to their little announcement and worn her placid face and then left again with no interest in seeing who would squabble over the scraps of the wretched Cove. How she had laughed on her way home! The music of her mad joy bouncing through the canyon all around her. 

Not long ago she had felt the slightest twinge of guilt, a sensation of pain for how her husband might truly feel about her freely given affections. What nonsense! Let him go about his separate life, and she hers. He a King and she a rogue, a hood who pillages a treasury and sneaks into his bed on the same night. What fun this may come to be. With roguishness in mind an idea develops, allowing her to refocus on what she wants for Hyaline. 

She must first begin with her friends, those few who follow her, curious about the cause to which she has called them. Freedom, trouble making, whatever it might be, it is time they began. Within Hyaline she gathers her little group, calls them together without ceremony so that they may meet in a little knot of flicking ears and sidelong looks. She does not appreciate grand meetings and her posture is relaxed when they all stand together. “I think it’s time we get to know our neighbors if any of you would like to venture out on visits. Hyaline would benefit from taking a few guests, but first we should go out and see who we would like to have spend some time with us.” Her smile is sweetly impish. “We will say nothing of this to anyone of course. Let us begin with diplomatic visits, introduce ourselves as members of Hyaline and learn more about the lands outside of the East. When you return we will gather and share what we have learned and who we have met. A little disruption, innocent bit of fun. They wouldn’t keep their guests over long, and they would be comfortable in beautiful Hyaline. A vacation really. Maybe it will become a bit of a tradition, a spot of good-natured chaos.

kensa
    love is madness

[aegean] [Chryseis] [Rouhi] [Risk] We're going to do some diplomatic visits to see who we can meet! Please reply (no need to make it too long if you don't want to, much of my own post is just character building) saying if your character would like to go visit another land or lands. Kensa will give out assignments (your character can request a certain place too). I will do a follow up thread for everyone to come back and give their report. Also please see Hyaline chat on Discord.  Heart
    (tags removed because i edited like three times :3 )

keep your dreams in check

The coming days have been filled with long and almost endless periods of slumber, an unintended state of stupor, making him fall softly to sleep. Though the coloured stallion does not mind, he lays perfectly quiet, covered in blankets of moss and overgrown shrubs that latch onto his soft hide, never letting go, the scene is painted as serene as possible, not a movement in sight. Though there must come a time to arise and when the stallion senses a tinge of Kensa's voice in the air his eyes open, the blurry world suddenly coming into view.

When he awakes he awakes with fire, flames curling in front of him as they engulf him, he had missed his re-birthing time slots on frequent occasions, and his body did not seem to be happy.
    The stallion attempts to stand up but falters when his legs give way, crumbling to ash as the flames make their way around his whole body until he is just one large flame.
    After a few minutes, the stallion's body turns to ash, cracking in various locations as his frame turns to a grey statue, falling apart into small pieces that are quietly carried a few centimetres by the slight breeze, creating a small pile of debris on the scorched ground.

For a moment the area is quiet, serenity has returned, for the time being, already attempting to heal from the previous flames, though the quiet does not last long, before long the flames start up again, the pile of ash burning brightly as a new body forms itself out of almost nothing.
    The flames quickly calm and the re-birthing process is complete, Rouhi's scars and bruises have all disappeared to create a perfect image of himself, young and without any blemish.

The stallion steps forward hesitantly, looking down at the scorched earth with a frown, he dislikes the idea of having to destroy in order to create, something he had no real choice of, though at least now with his new abilities he was able to fix his wrongdoings. Rouhi quietly touches the burnt flora with his nose and small blue and green flashes form around the flora, slowly creating new buds and reforming their own stems to come alive. He is careful when he makes his way around the newly formed flora, it is still fragile and tender "There you go wee ones" A smile spreads across the stallion's face as he looks back up, walking in the direction of where he had heard Kensa.

The gathering of horses and their leader slowly come into earshot as the stallion makes his way toward them, he does not immediately intrude on the situation, he much rather listen quietly from the sidelines.
    It seemed as though the stallion could finally make himself useful, he had been rather useless sleeping in the depths of the forest alone, and now he had the chance to do something interesting, to meet horses he had never met before.
    Rouhi steps forward confidently and clears his voice "I would love to help anywhere I can" he speaks with a nod, his wings now comfortably situated by his sides as he makes his way through the gathering.

It had been a rather long time since the stallion had any chance to have any kind of fun, though Hyaline certainly now seemed like the place to do it, an upcoming hotspot for mischevious wonders.

Rouhi

hello i cannot write at this time of morning but here I am anyway!

love is my religion. i could die for that.

Aegean has never truly dreamt of gaining power or building his reputation. Unlike his mother’s, he never thought himself fit for the world stage and never truly positioned himself in ways that he could seek it out. Instead, he has known just what he was. He knows the depths of his dreamer heart and the comfort that he takes in his own illusions. He knows that he is content to weave his own fantasies and knows that he is more than happy to simply follow his own daydream weaving to the end of his days.

Still, he is a man born of kingdoms and there is comfort in having a home.

So he is more than happy to have found his within the bosom of Hyaline.

When the golden leader calls them forth, he takes his time but eventually arrives. His step is steady and quiet, his purple eyes unfocused as he arrives next to the other stallion. Around him, he weaves the illusion of golden streams that match the gold of Kensa. They arch through the air and dance toward her, settling on her before bouncing off, reflecting the light of the sun around them.

He smiles, a soft and dreamy curve of lip before he finally brings his gaze to Kensa.

“I am happy to go wherever you wish,” his delicate voice is as soft as the illusions that begin to fade into the winter sky and he tips his head to the side in thought. “I do like to travel so.” His mind begins to wander to all of the lands that he has seen, and those that he has not, and he closes his eyes on a soft sight.

i could die for you.

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

Rouhi arrives, quietly. Shortly afterward  young Aegean who plays illusions of golden rivers around her that make her laugh brightly for a moment. The others, should they choose to volunteer will be happily offered assignments but for now she will send these two off to introduce themselves in other lands. It will be good to see how they handle this task and what information they bring back. What each of them find interesting about the places they visit will certainly help her learn more about them.

“Wonderful. Rouhi, please go north to Icicle Isle and see what you can learn about it and its inhabitants. Aegean, please visit Taiga to the northwest and convey our warm greetings to its new leadership. When you return please seek me out to share what you have learned. I will see the both of you soon.”

She then turns North for Nerine herself, the only kingdom with which she has no connection to learn what she can.

kensa
    love is madness

@[Rouhi] @[aegean] Sorry this took me forever and is just short and simple but here we go! Also posted this the first time from my ooc, woops