• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no court to call home; Sidhra and any

As far as new places went, Anuya had to admit this one seemed pretty boring. Okay sure, the summer night sky stretched above them and not a single cloud covered a single star so they all shone brightly. The night sky was always gorgeous and always made Anuya feel just a little bit more like she was at home.

But at ground level?

Where were the glowing plants? The animals dripping with radioactive goo? Where were the loud, musical calls of the starbirds and the nightravens?

Where was the pizzazz? 

Yeah, alright, sure, it did seem safe at the very least. Safer than the volatile Rift had become anyway, which didn’t take a whole lot.

“We sure about this, Siddy?” Anuya glanced over at her older sister and she surely would have raised an eyebrow if she had any. They needed a home since theirs had become so dangerous, needed a place to live and regroup. One day, Anuya hoped, they would be reunited with the rest of their family. But for now that family may as well exist on another planet for all that they could do to reach them at the moment.

The fae’s long ears twitched with the gentle sounds of this night, of the wind in the grass and the distant noises of other creatures. Under the bright moonlight it was easy to see other horse-shapes so at the very least they knew they were in the right general area. 

Even in the darkness Anuya’s coat looked as though it came from the sky itself, dusky hues dappled with stars and a bright flush of blue along her neck. Standing next to her sister, who was drenched in a rich coat of navy blue, Anuya had to wonder whether the colours of these horses would be just as boring as the lands they lived in. A glint of a mischievous smile overtook her pupiless, pale blue eyes as she looked over to Sidhra once more. “Should we take bets on how many of them are going to be brown?”

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

for @[Sidhra] and any!

i never knew daylight could be so violent.

This wasn’t the first strange land the little fae found herself faced with.  

She seemed doomed to never again walk the mountains of her homeland, but the little fae knew better than to think in absolutes.  There was no point for an immortal.  So while the last decade of the fae’s life had been fraught with changes, she knew better than to assume she knows what is to come. 

Her magic had been twisted, bastardized, washed away and resurrected to the point she hardly recognized it. Even now, she could feel it changing - struggling to adapt to this new place. She let out a small huff at the sensation.  It was uncomfortable without being painful, just enough sensation to alert the fae that something here was different. The fae sisters had quite literally fallen into this nomadic lifestyle that lead them from world to world. It seemed to suit her sister just fine, but Sidhra often found herself longing for the quiet of the night among the mountains of her homeland.  However, she was not going to risk their father’s wrath and abandon Anuya to the unknown. When they returned, it would be together.   

Sidhra was relieved, at least, that this place seemed less overtly dangerous than the Rift had been. Again, she knew better than to assume, but the Rift had done little to hide its dangers.  The night was calm, and Anuya’s voice carried clearly in the quiet. Sidhra turned to look at her mischievous sister who was already at home enough to joke.  A tiny smile flickered across the blue mare’s face at the comment. A running joke between the two - of how boring and utterly ordinary the world could be. 

The little mare tried to answer Anuya, but was perturbed when nothing happened. She tried again and again but the thoughts stuck firmly in her own mind. The realization settled quickly, and was almost startling as the strange landscape around them.  Her telepathy had gone, robbing her of her preferred method of speech.  It had been over half a century since the last time she had used her voice.  She wasn’t even sure if she could speak any more. One thing was certain - telepathy was no longer a viable option for communication.  She sighed, frustrated, and turned to see what trouble Anuya had inevitably discovered. 

sidhra

@[Anuya]
    FINALLY

winter wonderland

Recently everything had been switched on to hyperdrive, a sudden sense of urgency propelling him inward toward the common lands, away from his warm home to almost unknown and mysterious lands, maybe the time away could do him some good especially after the whole situation with Sylva.
    The stallion marches toward the field with haste, the resort's low numbers had been a concern to him for a while, but most importantly the time away from the resort felt like a necessity at this point.

The ivory-white male crosses Beqanna's kingdoms quickly, his pelt shivering gently as small critters buzz by him aggressively, he is not far now and the scent of other horses quickly becomes strong as he approaches the field. Not even that long ago he had found himself here, wandering around aimlessly with the hope of being scooped up by another kingdom, though when that opportunity did not come the stallion had decided to join a land himself, which is when he had met Sinner for the first time.
    The thought quickly brings his mood down, it was all over so quickly and with barely any warning at all, but by now there was nothing that could be done.

Soon enough the stallion has arrived, it does not take long to find another horse, his crimson-red eyes scouring the land in front of him, even though it was dark, his faithful companion was there to help and guide him through, without a second thought the stallion slowly and carefully moves toward the horses, clearing his throat as he approaches "Hello there, I am Ruinam. I am from the Island Resort" he smiles warmly, his frame taking a slight bow which his companion now seems to copy.

Meeting new horses always made Ruinam quite nervous, especially since he usually stuck to one horse, though now he would have to get used to it and overcome the feeling, especially if he wanted to run the resort well.

Ruinam
    Sorry it's quite late so apologies if this sucks! @[Anuya] @[Sidhra]
    ruinam-500px

chaos is only understood when
    it is loved by the wild,
    not the weak.

Along the edge of the field, she listens to the tranquility of the night. Unlike the meadow, this land always seemed to be quiet. Some may have found it eerie, but she had always thought it to be almost serene, with the long grasses rippling in the wind, and the hum of voices absent so that she could hear the crickets chirping and the distant call of an owl from a nearby tree.

She is a little surprised when she sees a trio of horses – and two of them instantly capture her attention. There was no shortage of vibrant and beautiful colors in Beqanna, but she was still drawn to those that shimmered and glittered like the night sky. She was envious,  but in an entirely innocent way. It was more of a longing, to be seen as something so strikingly beautiful as these two mares were. Aislyn was lovely, in her own right. The splashes of white across her body were a stark contrast against the endless black, and her eyes were such a vibrant pink that she could feel others staring at them when they spoke to her. But she did not have the delicate, feminine softness that she had seen in so many. There was a feralness to her, and it showed in the windswept tangles of her mane, and the scars that already decorated her growing body from recklessly climbing or crossing anything in her path.

“Hi!” She chirps excitedly once she is close enough, her wide-eyed gaze for the most part lingering on the mares, but she spares a glance and a smile to the stallion and his fox companion, too. “I’m Aislyn.” She looks to the first mare, the one the color of stars, and says with admiration, “You look like the night sky.” Then, her gaze settles on the other mare, another smile breaking across her face. “And you...you remind me of when the moon reflects off the ocean at night.” Dark, but somehow vibrant and blue, with the surface of the water shimmering and rippling. Her attention suddenly shifts to the fox that remained dutifully at the stallion’s side, and she cannot help but to ask him curiously, “Does your fox have a name?”
    Aislyn

Sidhra didn’t reply to Anuya’s joke, but she did smile which was good enough. Sure, she really would have put some bets on the situation but the fact that Sidhra wasn’t going to stoop to that level wasn’t a big deal. The silence from her older sister was a little strange, but not completely strange enough yet that Anuya noticed anything being off. Her own powers weren't nearly as important to her so they remained dormant most of the time.

So she was, for the moment, completely unaware that anything was bothering her sister. Just as she was completely unaware that anything had changed in her own powers. She felt like the same Anuya – or, at least, the Anuya she had come to know over the last few years. The wanderer, the lost girl, the one who did her best to turn every situation into a joke so that she didn’t have to face how scared she was.

A pale white stallion approaches first, accompanied by a fox, and Anuya only just manages to catch herself from muttering something about how at least he wasn’t brown. A young filly arrives soon after, blessedly also not brown, and with eyes that are so bright pink that Anuya even notices them in the darkness of the night. They’re a spot of a familiar bright colour, a touch of hope that this strange land maybe isn’t so boring after all.

Never one to wait for Sidhra to speak first, Anuya launches into her greetings – her long ears twitching slightly as her attention turns from one to the other. “Why hello, Ruinam of Island Resort!” Anuya replies brightly, maybe a little too brightly. She’s putting on a show, after all. The filly had shared compliments, which was a quick and effective way to win Anuya over as a friend. “And Aislyn! I love your patches. They remind me of my favourite moon-blooming flower – how it looks when the white petals pop against the darkness of the night.”

Was that a weird thing to say?

Was there such thing as something weird to say when you look like the night sky and have ears so long they rival most rabbits? Weird might just come with the territory.

“I’m Anuya, and this beautiful lady beside me is my very old sister Sidhra. She can’t hear too well so you’ll have to shout a little if you wanna talk to her.” Anuya pauses, waiting for the snappy remark her sister is sure to make in response to this teasing, before continuing. “We’re… uh,” And here Anuya’s skills at conversation falter and she looks over to Siddy for some help. “We’re new here.” She finishes, deflating a little as she admits it, and not really too sure what else to say beyond that.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[Sidhra]

i never knew daylight could be so violent.

Sidhra was still reeling from the discovery that this place had robbed her of her ability to speak.  Resentment bloomed in her chest, hot and angry, pulsing through her veins.  Yet she kept herself composed. There was some magic here, there had to be. She’d simply have to find a way for hers to be returned to her in its entirety. She had to. She didn’t want to live in a world relegated to eternal silence.  But she knew, deep down, that she would. For Anuya’s sake for nothing else.

The little fae was sufficiently distracted with her own predicament when others drew nearer. She knew they were coming, of course, but diverted very little attention to them until a stranger’s words split the night air. Sidhra allows Anuya to speak first, watching with wary silver eyes as first a stallion and then a younger filly join them.  The stallion seems somewhat formal, but the filly seems carefree in a way that Sidhra finds refreshing. The little fae makes no move to introduce herself, unwilling to reveal the loss of her abilities to these strangers.  In her mind, she justified it for safety’s sake. But in reality, Sidhra was unwilling to let herself be seen as weak her first moments in this strange new land.

When Anuya introduces herself to the strangers - Ruinam and Aislyn - Sidhra only bobs her head in greeting.  She keeps her expression neutral and her posture guarded. Anuya, unperturbed by the current situation, continues without hesitation. Sidhra admires that about her sister, though she’d never admit it.  However the thought disappears entirely when Anuya refers to her as very old and hard of hearing.  A sound between a snort and a hiss escapes Sidhra’s lips as her long ears flatten against her skull.  She throws a warning glance towards her sister, entirely not in the mood for jokes considering the circumstances.  However, her expression softens as Anuya falters.  Sidhra touches her sister’s shoulder, comfortingly, before turning her silver gaze on the two strangers. She says nothing, obviously impeeded in this regard, but the question is clear in her gaze.

Can you help us?

sidhra

@[Anuya]
    @[Aislyn]
    @[Ruinam]

sorry she's so grumpy but she's pissed about her voice, lmao

winter wonderland

Before long another horse joins the trio of horses, peering excitedly at the other horse's vibrant colours, the enthusiastic demeanour of the filly almost tiring. After she is done admiring the coats of the other two horses she asks if his companion has a name, Ruinam shakes his head, now wondering if he maybe should have given the small fox a name.
    His attention returns to the other mare as she speaks again, greeting Ruinam quite brightly and also commenting on the new arrival's looks. Ruinam sits quietly, still rather surprised at the sudden activity in the field, his mouth remaining closed for the moment, his ears twitching as the mare now introduces herself and her sister "It is lovely to meet you both" he nods toward both of them, Sidhra seemingly unamused by her sister's remarks.

"Welcome to Beqanna, what brings you both here?" he asks invitingly, his companion fox slowly making his way over to the other horses, sniffing them individually.

Ruinam
    @[Sidhra] @[Anuya] @[Aislyn] Sorry this is short and rubbish but I thought I would get a post in so you guys could continue lol
    ruinam-500px

chaos is only understood when
    it is loved by the wild,
    not the weak.

Aislyn had never found her coloring to be particularly unique, and she can feel her cheeks flush warm at the other mare’s compliment. Beqanna was full of horses all the colors of the rainbow and then some, and with the exception of her vivid eyes, she always had felt plain with her black and white. “Oh, thank you,” she says with an uncharacteristic shyness, and a short laugh follows the statement.

“It’s nice to meet you, Anuya.” She casts her bright eyes to the other mare, and if she notices that she has yet to say anything, she does not let it show. She has learned that not everyone was as talkative as herself, though it was difficult for her to fathom sometimes. “And you too, Sidhra. I don’t think you look old at all, by the way.” She had noticed that she didn’t seem all that thrilled by her sister’s humor, and she didn’t want her to think that she agreed with Anuya. To Aislyn, they both looked relatively old – because they were older than her. All adults were a blur to her, still.

She is quiet as the white stallion speaks, and she finds herself glancing continuously towards the path that lead to Tephra. This sudden restless and persistent need to get home was digging under her skin, and she could feel her legs nearly trembling with their want to take her back to her volcanic home. “I live in Tephra,” the words are somewhat blurted, and she realizes after she says them she isn’t even sure if this is on topic with the conversation she had stopped paying attention to. “It’s got a big volcano. You guys could live there, if you wanted. I was on my way there now.”
    Aislyn

hi sorry this took 12 years. If they decide to come to Tephra just post there <3