• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the hell are you; litotes
    She had left the meadow after Felicitey had dozed off to the tender grooming of her odd companion. She took to the sky, her opal wings scattering the summer Ray's in every direction in ever color as she set off for Pangea. She needed to find him today, he had been alluding her for months. Of course the last time they saw each other was a heated moment of passion, a whim of failed control, and neither of them had expected anything to come of it. But something did come of their actions, and her name was Felicitey.

As she glided through the cloudless sky of mid day, her eyes deepened with an anger she hadn't expected.  A mother's anger that she didn't know would exist. She would be lying if she had told herself that she was a great mom. Ever since Felicitey was born she had kept her at arms length. Litotes had failed to mention his gifts to her, not that she had asked, she had only been entwined in his inky shadows - seduced by his mysterious touch. So, who could blame her when she was taken by surprise when her sweet buckskin filly, with a snow flake dappled muzzle like her father's,  transformed before her eyes into a freaking lion cub!

But it didn't matter if Nimue was still adjusting to her daughters gifts, she was sweet and loving and didn't shy away from adventure like herself. She did not deserve to grow up not knowing her father. Nimue knew she couldn't force Litotes to be apart of their daughters life but she needed to talk to him at least.

Nimue dropped from the sky, landing along the slow, winding river where her and Litotes had first met. The warm summer air played a song amongst the canyons and for a moment she listened, a smile creeping to her face.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[litotes] mommas come to talk, or fight lol

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

There is a vague memory of the woman that flies into Pangea. One that itches mildly at the back of his mind and then turns into an unbearable bug bite. He watches her quietly, testing out the lengths of magic by stretching incredibly small wisps of shadow in her direction. They are imperceptible, nearly nonexistent, but he can still feel her hocks beneath their grip.

The Archon has coated himself in blackness once again, shielding himself from any prying eyes. Nimue may have eyes such as those, considering the quiet passion the two shared. It is hard to remember all of the faces he has pressed his own to when he uses such intoxication to pass the time; still, she is familiar in face and in body, and the cremello has an inkling of why she has come to visit.

Crickets chirp loud enough to cover the sound of Litotes’ labored sigh. He casts his cloak to the side and approaches his acquaintance, quickly bringing Felicitey’s mischievous little face to the forefront of his mind.

“Nimue,” Lie murmurs once within a few feet of his daughter’s mother. “What brings you to Pangea?” Their daughter, of course, but he will allow her to speak her piece.

Litotes

@[Nimue Isolde]
    The smile begins to falter when she began to think of the moment she shared here with the cremello, it was almost like she could feel the lingering of his shadows- almost.

Her tail swished in mild frustration as she waited. She didn't have to wait long -this time- as a voice seemed to drift into existence behind her. She turned slowly, a brow cocking in amusement.
    Hello Litotes, archon of Pangea she teased remembering how he hadn't approved of her title of king she had unknowingly misused the first time they had met. You have been a hard man to find. she added looking him over with the same appreciation she had seasons ago.

She had told herself she would not fall into his seductively soft color that mingled with his inky black shadows. Her blue eyes fluttered to his golden, amber ones. She could never forget those eyes or the silver delicacy of the snow flakes thah adorned his muzzle, for their daughter sported both.

I thought you would like to know that we have a daughter. she said bluntly her voice tart but amused at the same time.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[litotes]

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

The breeze is cool when it ruffles the Archon’s mane, tendrils of wispy white that briefly block his neutral gaze. He considers Nimue Isolde, golden eyes solid as they trail past her neck onto her wings, then her barrel, then her hindquarters, down to her hooves. She is beautiful but not in the way that his Kensa is, and he is reminded of his wife as he peers at the pegasus’ curves.

When she speaks, he is quiet, expecting much more than she offered. The cremello does not wish to argue, but he figures that his daughter’s mother may have her reasons. It is not as if he has seen her around, or really known that she has been looking for him. Felicitey could have turned out just as a few of his other children, held by their mothers that speak not their presence to him.

He cannot help that which he does not know.

“Have I ever been an easy man to find?” he questions, brow cocked as he jokingly swathes himself in shadow. Perhaps he once was, when he was young and foolish and full of hope. The darkness wavers when a brief glimpse of the boy he once was passes behind his eyes. They slip to the ground, writhing at his hooves like the memories that want so desperately to be released.

“Felicitey, yes -” he pauses, chews on his words for a moment, “- she wandered into Pangea a little bit ago. A rambunctious one, she is. Unruly enough to evade her mother’s grasp.” He smiles now, a sweetness that softens his sour words.

Litotes

@[Nimue Isolde]
    She watches unabashed as his silky, rich eyes wander across her body. She had enjoyed it the last time and the first time they had met. A humoured grin tapered across her face at the irony of their not so innocent time spent together leading to a connection (their daughter) she had not expected. They had been strangers and now she had learned more about Litotes through their daughter then the man himself.

Her attention was drawn away from her thoughts as their daughters name passed the cremello's lips. So, Felicitey had been sneaking off in search of the stallion herself. She would have to have a talk with her later. Though she supposed by now she was old enough to start wandering away from the protection of the playground and herself.

So, you have met her then. Good. She is... determined.. for sure. there was never one solid word to describe her adventurous offspring. Independent to say the least. But I worry about her. There are things about her that I can't help her with. Nimue's brow crinkles at the memory of the day Felicitey was born. The way she tumbled and weaved unable to keep her balance. To be honest I had no knowledge of your meeting, she tends to hide things from me, though I am partially to blame for that. I don't know what you already know of her but I've held her at arms length ever since she shifted the day she was born. an accusing shift in facial expressions teased him - like it would have been common knowledge to share all of who he was during their trist.

She is deaf in one ear, and her companion Dexter is closer to her than I. I have not talked to her about flying because I can't trust that she wont hurt herself or shift mid flight. And I can't help her learn to be in her other half. A lion Litotes. A fucking lion. an exasperated huff left her lips as she lightly stomped her hind hoof in frustration, not at Litotes but simply because she felt as if she was failing her daughter. I need your help. I know you didn't sign up for this and I am not nieve to think that she would be a number one priority in your life... but I am struggling.

She concluded her speech as she shifted and rearranged her opal feathered wings. Her blue eyes, usually the perfect reflection of a cloudless day, had deepened in her confusion looking as if the sky would break at any moment in a downpour.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[litotes]