• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

It was the first year where she was no longer a little girl. She was no longer a child, but finding herself stepping into another chapter of her life as an adult now. Being more independent was something all children looked forward to, but she has always looked after herself since she left the bone-bleached beach where her birth mother died. It wasn’t until she met Adria that she knew what it was like to be looked after and cared for by another. But it was their nature, the nereid way, to look after each other when there was so few of them in this world (and she had once believed to be the only one).

Eva grew even more beautiful this last year too. The young nereid always had a pleasant charm when looking at her. Her deep color purple-hued coat with her mane and tail fading into a sunset ombre was stunning in many ways. She was the replica of a sunset on the horizon of the ocean. It was a natural kind of beauty that you could find nowhere else. Her mane and tail were also decorated with seashells.

It has almost been a year since Eva has called this place home. Ischia has been kind to her ever since. She was blessed with an adoptive-mother and younger siblings that she now calls family. The land was peaceful, and there was never a disruption since Adria has taken over. Well, except for the occasional native parrots she liked to capture. Some things just never changed even when you get older.

So, it is no surprise on the white sand beach of the island she finds herself with a native parrot enclosed in a small trap she had set up. Eva lured the poor multi-colored bird into the trap with one of their favorite treats that the little parrots cannot help themselves to. But the young nereid had never had a thought to cause harm to any of the parrots. She only liked to look at them, talk to them, and sing them some songs of the island tongue she learned from Adria in the last year. It was just a simple thing she did to pass the time on the island.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

this would be a fantastic place to put a future quote

He’s always liked the way his older foster-sister glows. He can’t reproduce the effect in the daytime, but he’s been known to mimic it at night, coming out of the waves through the glowing algae on top of the water and glowing like Eva until he dries, when they simply stop glowing. It’s one of the things that makes his father laugh, and he seeks those light moments quite intentionally. They offer a nice contrast to the worried looks he gets when he’s simply too…kelpie.

He also likes the way Eva talks to the birds. His father has one that pretty much is with him all the time, loyal, but most of them are skittish and as wild as Luath is. It had hurt his feelings, at first, but Brennen had explained it to him. ‘They can understand me, and I’m a prey animal.’ He’d glanced up into the canopy with the amber eyes he’d given Luath and then back at the colt. ‘You’re too much predator, Luthe, but that’s nothing to be ashamed of.’ Keeping this in mind he always hangs back a bit, not wanting to send the birds into a panic in Eva’s trap (it had happened once, and been traumatizing for all parties involved).

“I haven’t heard that one before,” he says, meaning the song she’s singing for the little bird, rubbing his side against hers in a feline-esque manner before settling against her side, seeking the closeness. Mother sings the songs to Ionia and Luath just like to Eva, but the colt isn’t always around to listen. Though father does tend to scold, when mother reports that Luath has been MIA for more bedtimes and lullabies than he manages to appear for. “Can you sing it again?”

luath
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

There are many things Eva has learned this passing year. She had thought she knew much more about the waters around here, but she had not quite known everything. At one point she thought there was never a predator in that sea that could hurt her. That was until she had met the tentacle beast when she later discovered they were called krakens. Now there was another sea-creature called kelpies.

Her own little brother, Luath, was a kelpie. At first Eva had been a little hesitant learning about the nature of her brother—a sea monster. As she watched Luath grow she began to feel otherwise about exactly what kelpies were. Luath was simply a sweet boy and she grew to love her little brother since the day he was born. Of course, there had been that parrot instance but that had only made Eva smile and be filled with laughter.

Eva’s right ear swivels in the direction that her brother lingers back in just for a moment. Hello Luath,” she smiles warmly when he greets her in a familiar manner before settling at her side. The purple nereid welcomes his company easily. Eva loved every moment with her younger siblings. She remembers the first day Adria told her she was going to be a big sister. Not to just one sibling, but to two of them! It was a big day when the twins came into her life that she realized just how lucky she was to find Adria and be part of a family.

At his request, Eva smiles. She enjoys singing the songs mother has sang over the last year. The nereid made every attempt to remember the songs and to learn the island language her mother spoke in. It had been a hard attempt at first to learn her mother’s language, but she picked it up after a couple of attempts of studying hard. “Of course, little frè (brother),” she says softly and presses her muzzles into him for a moment.

“Come along with me,” she begins singing softly again. “We can wander through the jungle and do as we please. Come along with me to a cliff and under a tree where we can gaze upon the water.” Eva hums softly for a moment. “We can chase the butterflies, bees, and birds. Come along with me. All of my collections I’ll share with you.” Eva closes her eyes and hums softly again. “I’ll be here for you always and always be with you. Come along with me. We can do as we please.” She then nudges Luath playfully as she sings the last bit of the song.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here

@[Luath]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference