• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A record on repeat; Aziz

He battled with the idea of being a protector over and over again as he stood by the waters edge, his black figure twisting and turning in reflection with the rivers current. He could have done more for those that stood defenseless on Tephra's beach if he had had any kind of foot up in the battle of wings, fire, and abilities. But he hadn't and he still doesn't.  

Not until he completes his quest.

His tail swishes at his legs, dispersing the flies that had come to feast on his salty hide. The heat of the day and his journey had left his body sore with use. He settles his body into a comfortable place, his muscles twitching effortlessly beneath his black coat while his midnight eyes close. 

Jakub has always been one to pay attention even in relaxation, his ears always assertive, so when the sound of another joining at the rivers edge caresses his mind, Jakub opens his eyes turning slowly to inspect the visitor. 

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Aziz]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

Aziz weaves through the scattered pool of trees in a placid manner, his body exhausted as he slows down, rapidly breathing in the humid air and dispelling it aggressively. Aziz is close to the river now, he can hear the water crashing against the muddy banks as it rapidly descends through the forest, shaping the land as it passes.
    Cool water was what he needed right now, although he had been far from most of the fighting during the war, he had still managed to get burnt in various parts of his body, the Summer help was not helping either.

Aziz picks up the pace again as the water comes into view, his body slamming into the slow-moving water, his skin now drenched in the cold blue liquid.
    The male finally begins to relax when he spots another equine not too far away, his ears perked up curiously as he exits the water, wandering toward the black figure.

"And who might you be? Snoozing out in the open" he tilts his head, a slight grin forming around the edges of his wet muzzle.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Jakub] It's almost 1 am so don't mind this garbage lol
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

He watched as the bay pulled himself out of the cooling water. and who might you be? Snoozing out in the open.
    Jakub's midnight eyes studied the stallion for a moment, taking in his build.

He seemed fit enough, his neck long and slender like his. All in all his form was flat and athletic. He could be a protector of sorts he supposed, though there seemed to be nothing of grandour about him

I am Jakub, alpha in Tephra. Who might you be? he asked in a polite tone though no aggression was present neither was a sense of pleasure at meeting someone new. His mind was still fixated on the quest at hand.

JAKUB

@[Aziz] dont mind this crap.. I've been on the go all day and I'm pooped, so it seems fitting.

The stallion stands quietly, his coat still carrying the scent of heavy smoke, littering his lungs every time he breathes in.
    Finally, the smaller stallion speaks, introducing himself and his rank.
    "Tephra huh?" the stallion tilts his head for a moment, lost in thought.
    "I am Aziz, you may recall domes appearing on the battlefield? That was my doing" he says quietly, assuming that the stallion was actually on the battlefield "I was having fun on the sidelines throwing soil at dragons" he smiles for a moment, leaning in closer to the male.

"So what can I do for you? I seem to have woken you from your slumber, the least I can do is help you with something?" The stallion shrugs, having nothing better to do anyway, perhaps he could go on an adventure, every new horse he met seemed to bring something to the table which he did not complain about, it most definitely made things a lot more interesting.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Jakub]

Jakub thinks back to that night as Aziz talks a out his domes. He can remember faintly of the towers of protection dispersed through his home to shelter those who had nowhere to go. So Aziz had been on their side, or at least the side of the innocent.

A small smirk painted his face at Aziz remarks of throwing dirt at dragons, I appreciate your efforts in trying to protect those that couldn't protect themselves. It is a trait much greater than those of the dragons. You can help me by answering a couple questions.

Jakub's eyes traced the stallions face. A protector he was and a protector he needed. Did you ever hurt someone while trying to protect others or those you loved so much so that you regretted it?

JAKUB

@[Aziz]

An interesting question, the bay stallion stands with his head slightly tilted, he had never really thought of it in depth "I guess so, I have failed in the past" the stallion nods, when he had first discovered the ability to shape the earth, greed overcame the stallion, his trait allowing him to create and destroy, to give or take. Aziz took it all mostly for granted at the time, but slowly grew accustomed to the thought of helping another, rather than trying to further his own power, he could help others grow and heal, allowing them to stay at his equal.
    "I have in the past killed by accident, sometimes things just do not work out and there is nothing you can do" the stallion nods again, referring to one of his first times using his ability, crushing a horse when he had become too weak to hold the structure.
    "I have also had to make decisions I would rather not make, like decided who lives, and who does not. Though sometimes you are put in such a position where making the decision is necessary.
    Sometimes your own feelings can overthrow what needs to be done, I have in the past decided not to protect those that needed protection, leaving them to die because I thought something else needed protection."

The stallion turns toward the river, watching it pass by before turning back toward the stallion "Why do you ask such questions anyway?" he asks, even though he was the one that offered to help.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Jakub] This probably doesn't make much sense but its really late and I can't write

Jakub chewed on what the stallion had said for a minute. When the time came he would maybe have to make hard decisions, and he was okay with that. Jakub watches the river swell and move infront of them, before turning back to Aziz.

The faries asked this of me. he simply said, not explaining any further. Thank you for your help, but I need to keep moving. I can't stop until I've finished what I've set out to do.

JAKUB

@[Aziz]