• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't make me laugh, i'll choke ; castile, isilme

DAWN

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

If nothing else, she has enough to keep her busy for the months to come. 

She finds Isilme and Austra on the border between the Cove and Hyaline, where she had instructed them to wait. Isilme’s Spot and Austra’s Cybil are with them as well, but she would have expected little else than for the two of them to bring their companions along as well. After all, by the end of the day, the two girls just may have new homes. Neither of them is happy about it, which Dawn had expected, but this is for the best. She wants to make sure the girls are as safe as possible, and if that means presenting them as eligible princesses to the other kingdoms, it is what she shall do. 

“Come, girls,” she instructs them quietly, and the trio sets off, flanked by the zebra and tiger as if they were their rear guard, though she knows both of her little lions are powerful enough to take care of themselves if danger were to rear its head. Isilme especially – she is strong-willed and fiery, in a way that reminds Dawn of her own mother, and Issy’s father as well. She is all fire and brimstone, whereas her twin is as peaceful as low tide, all while hiding her true power beneath the surface.  

Her love for the girls is unfailing, and her pride for them grows every day. She doesn’t know what she has done to deserve such wonderful children – all four of them, though little Nolin and Athena are too young to have true personalities yet – but she plans to hold them as close as possible, even if that means sending them as far away as she can. It may not make sense to them, but one day it will. 

They stop several paces away from Loess’s border, Dawn just barely standing in front of her girls. She wants the king to see them; she wants him to appraise them, for lack of a better word. A soft whinny echoes through the air as she calls for them, and then she glances to her children to make sure that they are still behaving. Grumpy as they may be, they are lovely girls and beautiful princesses. She just hopes that Castile will agree to her offer of peace.

@[Castile] @[isilme]
    clean.
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    It’s to be expected to see how the churning waves affect not only Tephra and Loess, but their neighbors as well. There is turbulence in the world where there had been peace and quiet. Castile, hungry for chaos, fed himself on the madness that blossomed in the kingdoms. It fueled him to unimaginable heights, but with every peak, there is a valley.

The dust is settling now, but reminders have been placed that Loess is not stagnant. It thrums wildly with life and passion that cannot be reigned it. It cannot be tethered by empty threats.

Loess acts while the others sit.

Castile has frequented the borders for this reason, knowing well that envoys will reach out in curiosity and anticipation. When not walking the foothills, he is soaring above the clouds, unseen by outsiders even as he predatorily watches them below.

Today, of all days, he is standing on a small knoll with darting, attentive eyes on the western border. The Sanctuary wavers in its position, a revolution he likes to think he spurred with recent events and political ties. Whether he actually did is another story from another perspective. And while anticipating Kensa to find him, he is instead surprised to see – and smell – someone drenched by the Silver Cove. A hum vibrates in his core as he meets her at the metaphorical wall, his mismatched eyes following the outline of her face before meeting her eyes. ”I didn’t expect anyone from the Cove to visit,” they have been solitary, confining themselves to their home with minimal exploration beyond.

They’ve been boring to keep tabs on.

Inhaling, he inclines his head and ignores the sharp discomfort of a healing wound. ”Castile, and who might you be?” Simple and direct, but at least he forced aside his presumption that everyone already knows of him.

castile

@[Dawn]