• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  back to your roots; any

It has been decades since Isilya has felt the gentle touch of someone else against her skin, and it brings her to life like nothing else. She has missed contact so much and she has forgotten how to respond to it. So when his muzzle touches her shoulder, she freezes - forgetting the sadness that had been overwhelming her moments ago.

Her eyes widen just a fraction, and she thinks she can feel the heat of that simple touch race across her skin like wildfire.

It was nothing, in the grand scheme of things she’s not sure whether that touch from him even meant anything to him, but it means so much to her. It roots her into this world more solidly, bringing with it the knowledge that she has made a friend. That there is someone here that knows her, even just briefly.

And just like that, the touch is gone and he’s quickly away from her. In comparison, her skin now feels icy without his presence so close and she takes a small step towards him, wanting the warmth back, before remembering her manners. Surely if he had wanted to remain closer, he would have.

Her question about his father is a distraction for herself and it works - her attention focused entirely on Astrophel as he answers. “Lion.” She repeats the name so she commits it to her memory. Although she does not recognize the name, it carries weight with her. It’s another connection to that place she was born, it’s a name associated with her newest and dearest friend, the stallion standing right before her. “My father was – is – Tiphon.” Truthfully she doesn’t know for sure whether her father is alive or not, but she thinks she would have felt it if he wasn’t.

Her smile turns a little shy when she speaks, voice quiet and only just above a whisper. “I wondered for a moment there if we were siblings and just didn’t know it.”

She doesn’t know how to explain or name the soft sense of relief that comes with the fact that they were not siblings.

But what she can do is reach out with her muzzle, hoping to touch it gently to his and bridge that gap between them. Now that she remembers how much she loved using gentle touches to interact with others as much as words, she desires more of them. “I’m so glad to have met you, Astrophel. To make a friend that knew and loved the same place I did.”

soft and sweet

art by azagus

@[Astrophel] once again PLZ EXCUSE the lateness of the reply. We can continue this or start a new one in the present - whatever you feel like!!