• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sometimes, the wicked will tell us things just to confuse us; to haunt our thoughts
    Stuck between a place of not belonging in the family you came from and finding hope in a family that wasn't yours to begin with was a slippery slope of feeling abandoned and finding reassurance that you matter. Contradictories playing and toying with your emotions make for an unstable mind. When you are at a point in your life where any and all interactions frame who you are and who you will become it is a dangerous spot to be in.

Jakub peered up at the thinning trees, the sun beams of the new day dripping through the cracks and landing on his midnight frame making the light slip off in any direction it chose. The midnight blues of his eyes quivered under the sparkling of light, mimicking the deep void he felt with in himself. Magnus accepted him into his kingdom and now he had purpose, so why did he feel so confused! 

A flock of birds flew above the tree tops, calling to each other, leading each other, knowing exactly where they needed to go. They migrated from one home to another year after year, with out question, knowing exactly where they would be welcome next . The irony was almost to convenient for Jakub to take in. A slow, unamused chuckle parted his lips and escaped into the air.

You need to forget about the past, forget about what could have been and take every opportunity that you have now. Now you have someone worth following excepting you into his life to show you how to be good and strong. Just because one person resented you and was scared you would rise above him doesn't mean everyone in life will feel the same.

Jakub continued his slow winding walk along the forest floor. He had a place to belong now, but he also felt a need to find solitude to ease his restless mind. He needed to learn the lands of Beqanna outside of Tephra, and get to know the other inhabitants. Though he was enjoying the peace the coverage of trees offered him right now in this moment, he supposed he wouldn't be against sharing the moment with someone. He wasn't the most verbal man he knew but he liked to listen and learn.

He cocked his ears catching the scurrying of a squirrel finding the last remnants of Autum to tuck away inside it's hole for winter. While across the forrest on his other side there was a family of rabbits burrowing down. The inhabitants where preparing for the season to come, it brought a smile to his maw knowing that he had a home to go to that didn't require so much work. He pulled in a long, deep breath of cold fresh air and blew it just as slowly out. He watched the white puff of hot air mix and mingle with the cold that snuck through and around the large tree trunks and heavy roots that penetrated the earth. His mind began to unwind, and clear itself from the never ending contradictories that seemed to layer every corner.
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)
    Beadu made her way through the forest and took in all of the scenery. She wasn't sure exactly why she had come here but she could sense that she wasn't alone in these trees. The black mare noticed a figure in the distance and called out so that she didn't startle him. Once she hoped that she had grabbed the stallions attention she began to approach him. She gave him a soft smile as she stopped a respectable distance away. She said "Hello sir. My name is Beadu. What brings you to the forest? May I ask for your name?" Her dam had taught her to be respectful towards those she meets. She was a little to excited when it came to meeting others and tended to ask or say to much at times.

@[Jakub]
    Jakub had found a lush patch of grass poking from the dry, cracking ground. His lips pulled at the thin weeds, pulling them lose he tossed them around his mouth enjoying the peace. He heard movement amongst the trees, larger than the squirrels and rabbits that had been scurrying around. Jakub pulled his head up and cocked his ears towards the voice that tumbled through the weaving trees. Jakub continued to play with the tickling of grass in his mouth as a black mare made her way over, her coat a copy of his own. The cool winter breeze tossing her green mane and tail distinguishing a difference between her being born of Beqanna and Jakub not, what an odd coloring Jakub thought to himself as she came closer and introduced herself.

Beadu, nice to meet you. You can call me Jakub. he said finishing the small treat in his mouth. No need to call me Sir, I'm not my father he said kindly followed with a small chuckle. Jakub cocked his head in curiosity perking his hears towards the mare that had interrupted the quiet. He hadn't been in Beqanna long but the smell of Tephra (his new home) clung to him, not like Beadu. Where are you from? he asked avoiding her question of why he was in the forest today, simply because he had no reason. He had come for some peace and cover beneath the forest trees, which was now undone. He didn't mind though and didn't want the mare to feel bad.

@[Beadu]
    Beadu took in the young stallions appearance and was almost sure they were around the same age. She wandered what he may have though of her own appearance and hoped that it didn't scare him away. She had heard that sometimes odd appearances and traits often scared those who were not born within the lands away. She listened as he told her his name and not to call him sir. She gave him a small friendly smile and said "It's a pleasure meeting you Jakub. I um really have no home. My mom and I we roam from place to place within the open lands. This is my first time in the forest though." She looked around at the scenery and gave a small sigh. She wandered if he had caught sight of the smoke that had seeped from her mouth. She had indeed inherited the trait from her sire whom she had yet to meet. She did hope to happen upon him on her journey however.

@[Jakub] sorry for the bad posts
    Jakub listened with interest. His mentor, Magnus, had told him that to lead you must serve and you always come last. He was pretty sure this also meant listening and learning about those he may or may not lead some day. He nodded as the mare explained that she didn't have a solid home, he could relate to an extent. He had a home but was still trying to find his place, currently that only included learning from Magnus.

Jakub gave a lazy roll of his shoulders, The forest is one of my favorite places so far, apart from my homelands. The heat can become to much at times. I find comfort under the cover of the trees. Jakub looked around taking in the winding paths between the trees. A snow flake settled gently on the tip of his muzzle and quickly vanished. seems like it might start flurrying, would you like to take a walk, maybe try to burn off some of this cool air, and talk some more? he asked with a crooked smile moving to stand beside the mare so they faced the same direction. As he repositioned closer he could smell a faint scent of sootiness. Interesting he thought cocking his ears around in case something was a miss that he hadn't noticed, not realizing that it was in fact Beadu beside him.

occ: not bad posts! (: Jakub is enjoying himself.
    @[Beadu]
    The young mare Jakub a small smile as she watched him move to where he was standing next to her. She said "Oh I have never been a part of of a herd before. What is it like?" She had then noticed a few flakes of snow fall onto her muzzle and listened to Jakub. She gave a small smile as she took in his words and was trying to decide on what to say. Finally she said "Oh a walk would be nice. Is it weird to say that you are the only other horse I've met that wasn't my mother or grandma." It was probably probably weird to him do to her being born in beqanna.

@[Jakub]

Jakub thought for a moment as they started following a lazy trail marked by who Jakub assumed was the many horses that had journeyed this forest before them and the animals who lived here permanently, No, not weird I suppose. Jakub himself was never one for socializing, in fact Beadu was only the third conversation he'd had since arriving in Beqanna. Is there a reason you haven't meet anyone else? he questioned curiously moving his attention from the trail back to her as the snow began to fall gently beginning to tuck the trail away.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Beadu]
    The black and green mare gave the Jakub a small smile as she listened to him. She was trying to figure out why she hadn't gotten out and met anyone. She followed him as they walked the trail and tried to decide what her next words would be. She looked over at the black stallion and said "I just haven't been anywhere besides the field but then again that is where I was born and raised."

They continued to walk in silence for a moment as Jakub thought about his childhood raised on a prairie, trees scattered across the landscape, tall grass itching to touch the stars,  wild flowers he'd pick to tuck away in his mothers mane with a goofy, childish grin.

"Would you like to join me in Tephra?" he said slowly as if he were contemplating the idea of having a companion during his travel back home. "It's really a beautiful place with her volcanic mother keeping watch." the snow flakes, now big and fat, blanketed his back and tangled in Beadu's green tresses. She wouldn't be the worst companion he thought with a smile " don't feel pressured to accept my invitation, but I think I would enjoy your company. And it seems" he said looking over his shoulder at the place their trail should be but was wiped away by the growing flurry of flakes that the universe doesn't want us to go back." he said with the goofy child like grin he once used around his mother. A grin he had almost forgotten, but for some reason, though she was short on words, she had pulled from him.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Beadu]