• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's hard to stop what you can't see; litotes

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

The first time he had come here, it had been on a command to kill Rhonen.

He could have ignored it just as easy as he had obeyed it. But boredom was a powerful thing, and his years of solitude had left some sort of animal too bridled, too caged up inside of him. It had been itching to be set loose. The call for murder had been a useful outlet, even if he harbored no particular rage towards the unknown stallion. When the plague had erupted from the broken seal, spreading like a fog that never stopped, he hadn’t felt a thread of guilt. He had left, the blood of another sprayed across his face and chest, and hardly caring that the newborn plague had seeded itself inside his veins.

It would seem fitting, then, that he comes back just as the plague has been cured (and he has no idea that Wonder has played a part in it; the irony would not he lost on him, to know that he aided in releasing it, and the purity of her soul helped to cure it). His chest is no longer tight with fluid, and the bloodstain has begun to fade from his silver muzzle. But his dark brown eyes are not any brighter, still harboring that same depthless, flat surface. He notices that it is dimmer over the Pangea, the swarthy clouds gathering around the sun, and the chill in the air causes his dappled skin to pull tighter of his muscled frame. As usual, his wings are kept tucked to his sides, as he breaches the border. There had been whisperings in Loess, that someone residing there had taken over the territory in the east for their own. If he had any weakness, it would be his curiosity; letting it put himself in situations he usually would avoid.

He is sure his entrance will not go undetected, but he does not stop. He walks, languid and placid, peering across the wasteland.

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[litotes]

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Once again with the “no one crosses these borders that he does not know about” trope. We get it, Lie, you have trust issues. Anyways, he is patrolling the border of Pangea as previously mentioned. There is a new spring to his step, though - or, rather, new shadows that follow him like obedient dogs.

Entertainment can be a hard thing to come by in a barren kingdom, so the Archon often finds himself strengthening his control over the darkness. He grows more powerful with each passing day. Today, they are countless little snakes slithering between his hooves. Their lithe movements are amusing, and he finds himself chuckling when he squashes a few under reckless steps. Bored and uncouth: a rare vulnerable moment for the cremello.

Two snakes are wrestling in the helpless way shadows do when Litotes smells the stranger on the wind. The darkness stops its antics and rushes into a thin veil of gray around its master’s body. The only movement within the cremello’s sight is the back and forth of the sparse bushes. He narrows his eyes and huffs, then gathers his strength to try something new.

The wings are that attach to his back are his most tangible creation yet. A wild grin curls his lips: pushing himself every day is truly paying off.

Taking flight for the first time is rocky, and the Archon has to concentrate a bit more to keep his wings together, but he quickly finds his rhythm. Well above the canyons is when he spots the newcomer, not quite bold but certainly not caring about stepping into a foreign land.

There is a small copse of trees just head of the wandering stranger. He eyes the darkness before wrapping his wings of shadow entirely around himself and teleporting into the trees. Within a second he is a bright flash right before Nightlock.

“Hey,” he says, as if they are just passing each other. Then he grins. “What’s up?”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Nightlock]

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

One thing about Beqanna that never changed, no matter how often the land did, was the way the lands and kingdoms operated. Even though he had not spent much time in them when he was younger (neither of his parents had been involved at that time), he knew enough. It was why he wasn’t surprised that he had hardly made it beyond the invisible border before he was discovered. But the way in which the pale stallion appeared was enough to cause a brief twitch of surprise in his otherwise stoic face; he had spent so much time on his own that he was still growing accustomed to the idea that nearly everyone possessed some sort of magic. Nothing at all like when he was younger, and magic of any kind was so sparse.

He recovers quickly enough, shifting and re-positioning his silver wings before saying in the flat, rather monotonous way that he had of speaking, “Interesting greeting tactic.” Despite the cool undertones, there was nothing hostile in his demeanor. Whatever demons he may harbor, they were kept locked and silent. Not even the memories of the blood he had spilled across the Pangean soil was enough to stir them alive, and so he regards the other stallion with something that could almost be considered amicable.

“I was in Loess and heard a rumor Pangea was under new leadership,” Which was not something he would normally take an interest in. Loess, it turned out, was a hub of excitement and activity, between a previous prisoner now leading Tephra, and whatever had transpired with the East – that was before his time there.  It was interesting what you could learn when you simply sat silent in the shadows, though he supposes his niece wouldn’t hesitate to fill him in on the details should he ask her. “That must be you.”

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[litotes]

he's awkward and quiet, sorry.