• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  standing cliffside scared to jump; Lethy
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

As he was so prone to do, he had disappeared.

He had never been very good at anchoring himself in one place, or next to one soul, for long. He was wayward in so many ways, even if he didn’t always want to be. He has sought the comfort of another’s flesh more than once since his return, but Osyva had been the first to capture his attention – similar to the way Aevie had, but not the same. Aevie had been chaos and storms, with a sharp tongue and a smile that could cut him open. Osyva had been soft light, like the warm glow of summer.

And still, he didn’t stay, but neither had she.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he might have been worried. Not too long ago, he had felt the great tremors that had radiated from the general vicinity of the Mountain, but having been born here, he had hardly glanced backwards at it. It wasn’t until his body began to run hot with fever, and crimson blood trickled from his nostril, that he realized perhaps that great shudder had been something worth paying attention to. He would have taken Osyva to safety, if he knew where she was...and if he even knew where was safe anymore.

But it was beyond his control, and could not help someone he couldn’t even find. And so when he felt that familiar itch in his muscles, he caved into it, and he wandered.

Much of this new Beqanna was still foreign to him, and disregarding the boundaries the kingdoms had put into place, he entered wherever he felt fit. Loess was a place he had not been to yet, and it was in the dusky twilight that he found himself picking his way across the rocky terrain. The blue of his coat became muted tones of slate and navy in the dying light, and looking out with blue-gray eyes, he scanned the surroundings. He did not expect anything, or anyone, to catch his attention. There was little that piqued his interest anymore, but the sound of movement to his left caused him to tilt his head. Deftly, his vision shifted, and instead of straining to see through the night, he found the source of the noise – a mare set in the warm hues of orange and yellow and red, against a backdrop of cooler blues and greens and purples – before shifting back.

Normally, he would keep walking. Normally, he would not be interested in idle conversation. But her scent smells of the outlands – the outside. He watches her for a moment, debating inside of his head, before finally he approaches. His steps are fluid, vaguely predator-like in their slinking mannerism, and yet there is no malice in his shadowy eyes as he comes close enough to greet her. “You are not from here,” he says in his quiet, water-smooth voice, and he does not mean Loess. Here, there is a upward tilt of his lips, a hint of a boyish grin as he says, ”Welcome to Beqanna. I’m Raed.”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)
    It had been weeks since Lethy's first bout of coughs had slicked the cavern of her mouth and filling her with worry, as she so often is. She had learned about the plague shortly after, a sickness that crippled an entire land like it was an inconvenience in it's bigger plan.

She settled in as the vivid autum sun began to set for the day, leaving her in solitude as the heat of the day began to surrender giving the residence of Beqanna some relief and comfort to rest peacefully. Lethy closed her eyes, the sickness always seemed to hit her hardest at night when she could no longer consciously fight it off.

A light sleep soon took her, wafting her off to a land before Beqanna, before the oceans dragged her to the shores of her new home, before her adoptive mom grew sick and left her alone like her parents before her. This is where her dream settled, her parents faces smiling down on her. She was new born, she struggles to find her balance squealing in pleasure as she finally masters the wiggly legs beneath her. Darkness takes over, a full moon envelopes the sky. Her parents sleep near by as she contemplates exploring the deep woods a few yards off. There's a deep, throaty growl behind her. As she turns to run towards her parents, a beast looms above her nocking her down to the soft ground, where she first found herself just days ago. The beast turns to her parents...

Lethy pulls herself out of her dream as hard as she could, fever convulsing through her body and the deep pink scar pulsing across her muzzle. Her breathing was labored but quiet as Lethy always learned to be after that night it was just a dream she tells herself over and over again.

Lost in fever and the tiredness that still clung to her eyes Lethy did not notice the stallion that had approached her. She nodded as he greeted her, a small, timid smile perching her lips.Nice to meet you Raed, I'm Izora Lethia but you can just call me Lethy her voice was small and as much as she tried to hide it, filled with exhaustion from the sickness. Her dark purple eyes searched his wondering if he too had been infected when the mountain split. I know I haven't been here long, but you don't smell of Loess. What brings you to this part of Beqanna? she asks in equal parts curiosity and worry. Always filled with worry.  
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

She seems unsettled. He can see the way she is still struggling to even her breathing, and while it is so tempting to pry inside of her mind – she wouldn’t even notice, for he had long since mastered his ability – he refrains. It was not something he often did, and he never did it just for the sport of it. He found it invasive, but not only that, he had learned that most other’s thoughts were fairly boring. He was nearly certain she had just been having a nightmare, and though he was a little curious of what kind of monsters haunted her at night, he lets her keep her privacy.

She had not escaped the effects of the plague, similar to everyone else. He can hear it in the quiet rasp of her voice when she speaks, and can see the glassiness of fever in her eyes. She is lovely, nonetheless, and he notices how even in the night her coat is lustrous golden color, and her eyes such a dark purple they nearly matched night sky. “Your name is unique.” There is another faint, yet agreeable smile, before he says, “I like it. Pleasure to meet you, Lethy.”

Almost imperceptibly, he shifts closer, muted beams of moonlight spilling across the blue of his skin. “No, I’m not from Loess. I don’t permanently live anywhere, actually.” Raed had been born in a different Beqanna. A Beqanna where Loess, and none of these current kingdoms even existed. He doesn’t think he misses it, but there is a part of him that has not fully melded into this new era. The few that he had held close were long gone, and even he had several relatives that still lingered, it wasn’t quite the same. “I just get bored,  I suppose you could say.” His gaze settles more firmly on her face, noticing the apprehension that seems to have etched its way there. “You seem worried.”  Again, he is tempted to dip inside of her mind – it was so much easier, but this was some moral line he had set for himself, and he had to be pushed to cross it. “Why is that?”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    (click for full size)
    Lethy had never been one to talk about herself, her past, or her feelings but something about Raed comforted her. He hadn't settled anywhere in Beqanna and she didn't belong anywhere as of yet, it was a similarity she connected with.

She felt the warmth of the stallion as he moved closer, and she accepted his closeness with appreciation as the coolness of the night began to settle.

The small smile that had happened across her lips earlier in greeting grew with comfort,I was just dreaming of a life long ago, a part of my past that I know but can't quit grasp. Izora is my given name, at least from what I can gather from dreams of my parents. My adoptive mother named me Lethia which means forgetful, because I don't remember much from before she found me. she dipped her head embarrased, as she gazed at him through her heavy lashes. he is beautiful, why am I blubbering on like this she thought to herself as a blush rushed to her cheeks, replacing the fever with a darker red as if that was possible. I'm sorry, I am just generally filled with worry she added softly with small laughter to lighten the mood.
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

He is not usually so bold with others. Raed was quiet, usually much preferring solitude over companionship. But he is not immune to the temptations of autumn. Spending so much of his time alone, it was difficult to swallow down his urges when he happened to come out – especially this time of year. She was intoxicating, without really meaning to be. Consciously, he was aware of the apprehension that he read on her face; she was unsure, and in a new land. But his instincts were doing their very best to claw their way to the surface, and he fought to regain his self-control when the winds shifted and he caught her scent.

The blue stallion finds himself stepping closer as she speaks, his own smile unfurling across his lips as he says, “I dream of the past too, sometimes.” Unbidden, he dreams of the Beqanna of his youth, even though he could never claim to have done anything great during it. He had never stayed in the kingdoms, despite both parent’s involvement. He had mainly done exactly what he did now; lingered on the outskirts, only to be lured out by pretty faces and tantalizing curves. “It always proves to be fruitless. When I wake up, nothing has changed.” He gives a lazy roll of his shoulders. He wasn’t one to really get sentimental, even if he did miss what Beqanna had been like before.

By now, he is close enough to touch her, and he finds that he cannot help himself. His blue muzzle sweeps the arch of her golden neck, carefully gauging her reaction to his touch. Even brimming with want and lust, he was not cruel, and his mother had instilled plenty of respect in him; he would never take something that wasn’t freely being given. “You have no reason to be worried here. I don’t there is anything too terrible lurking in Loess.”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    (click for full size)
    Lethy watched Raed as he moved and talked, something about him calmed her mind and her body. The persistent ache in the scar across her muzzle ebbed. The exhaustion left behind by the plague was replaced by a new energy. Her body quivered gently under Raed's touch making her lean into his embrace. His scent filled her mind, finding any small vacant cavern it could and holding her in this moment of time. There isn't anything to terrible lurking in Loess Lethy heard him say into the crook of her neck. A small, gentle sigh parted her lips and she closed her eyes No I suppose there's not, but there is you, and there is me. Right now it seems like we are the only ones occupying Loess a small smile pressed her lips as she moved to Raed's blue, tantalizing coat leaving a trail of fluttering kisses in its wake. She knew where this would lead, and she wanted it. Unsure of whether it was the cool of the night mixing with the greenery that cascaded Loess acting as an aphrodisiac of the season or if it was the remnants of the plague guiding her to take hold of all of the wants and needs she so often put into the back of her mind as to not notice them, either way she did not care in this moment. All she cared for was that Raed was with her, not knowing much of who he was but knowing that he was enough to make her feel alive again, right now.

With out another word she accepted Raed's advances, spending the next few moments not thinking, or worrying about anything at all only giving in to wants and desires long forgotten.

Lethy trailed her muzzle along the dip of Raed's back, I am lucky that you decided to wonder here of all places tonight. a deep blush found its home across her face as she found Raed's face. She gently nuzzled his neck Thank you for reminding me what it means to feel alive. I had long forgotten what it felt like to give in to my most basic wants of life. If anything I am so very happy to have met you tonight. she said in a soft voice only loud enough for Raed's ears to hear.
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677