• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Two Sides To Every Story {Litotes}
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

It had been tense couple of weeks in the Cove, drama stirred up from the former Hyaline member. Once a prisoner who grew comfortable with his captors. He successfully claimed Pangea, and Clayton wanted to know why.

He was a calm man, and it was possible the pale stallion wanted Pangea to be closer to his children...and Kensa. It was all so possible that he also wanted to bring harm to the eastern sector.

Clayton draws himself to the border of Pangea, the one territory he was not familiar with. It was to his knowledge that the bridge between Litotes and Kagerus burned when he was taken captive, but new rulers mean new relationships. The bay horn stag allowed a whinny to echo across the desolate Pangea, patiently awaiting Litotes arrival.

@[Litotes]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

It is only natural that his first day in his new home would be interrupted by yet another nosy diplomat of the Cove. Litotes rolls his eyes to himself, eying the bay and green stallion from a distance.

Clayton stands upon the border, almost as if he is hesitant to step into Pangea. The cremello muses on why that would be, with the plague taking every land for itself now. And why would he fear a land he is to eventually rule? It can only be expected of monarchs to know their territories inside and out. A bemused smile spreads quietly across his lips. Though he questions their abilities, he is not making an outright insult to their throne.

Quaintly, he walks toward the border, stepping through the dry dirt with a somehow smug and demure demeanor. The cremello takes his time, chewing on what stupid thing he could say to Clayton right off the bat. He settles on something simple, to the point:

“Hi, Clayton.” The smile on his face is coy. His golden eyes trail up the large horns the boy wears like a badge - a lazy roll to the top and then down back to his eyes.

“Why don’t you come in, stay a spell? I would love for you to see my new home while we work out whatever is on your mind.” He steps to the side, offering a wide view of Pangea’s twisting shadows and sharp edges.

@[Clayton]
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

The pale stallion didn't keep Clayton too long, but as expected he was not the friendliest. He glances over Clayton like it is the first time they met, speaking as though they were childhood friends.

He doesn't let it bother him, Clayton had been raised a diplomat and therefor he had better manners than Litotes did. The pale stallion had little manners, certainly hopeful that he would gain some while ruling Pangea. But he does not hold it against him, in time he will gain some of the diplomat skills. Who knows what the southern kingdom had taught him.

The pale stallion offers to show him Pangea and Clayton nods his head. Yes, do show me around. He passes the border trailing deeper into the kingdom. How has your return to the east been treating you? His gaze turns to find Litotes.

There was plenty left unsaid, like what are your plans with Kensa, or Dawn? Like what is with the random return to the East, wouldn't it had been simpler to talk to Clayton, Ilma and Dawn and ask to rule Pangea? But again he doesn't hold it against him, so long as his intentions are good.

@[Litotes]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Litotes watches as Clayton steps across the border. For a moment, he ponders what it would feel like if the boy managed to dig those weapons into the cremello’s flesh. Then he wonders if they are to come to such violence, if Clayton will even make it that far. His tempered gaze betrays no malicious thoughts - he ponders these things as if he is an out of body third party.

They walk side by side, further into the shadows the Archon is quickly familiarizing himself with. The future Caretaker asks trivial questions. Lie resists the urge to sigh, knowing the bay is more than likely skirting around yet another interrogation. His meeting with Dawn was more than enough proof that the East fears him for absolutely no reason. At least Clay does not launch right into accusations, and for that he finds a bit of relief and respect for the boy.

“Here, I’ll show you some of the landmarks,” he drawls, mischievous smile upon his face, “beneath that rock over there is where my predecessors spilled the blood of innocents,” he pauses for over-dramatic effect, “and there in those dark bushes is where they kept child slaves.” His grin rolls across his lips, eyes cool, allowing a few seconds to pass between them before quipping, “I’m kidding! In fact, I know almost nothing of Yidhra and Eight.”

Litotes continues to lead Clayton further in, planning to show the boy where he will draw Pangea’s future residents to for meetings. His tail swishes loudly against his hocks.

“And to answer your question, it has been treating me just fine. The East is where I grew up, after all - and I rather prefer being close to my family.” If Litotes knew Clayton has been fucking his wife, the comment would have been blatantly sardonic; alas, the irony is not as delicious as it could be, and the tension Lie might have laughed at does not exist.

“How about you, Clayton? How is . . . training treating you?”

@[Clayton]