• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A challenge to behold; Any!

How foolish, the seasoned male had misjudged the weather, and how.
    Billowing pillars of water now advanced toward him as he frowned, his coat still surprisingly dry from the previous evening.
    The bay stallion quickly stiffens his frame, his legs becoming infused in the soil, small ladders of ground mixed with minerals and grass rush up the male's legs in a spiral, holding the male down firmly.
    His eyes close swiftly as the water attempts to swallow him, the ground below now lightly trembling as pillars of soil shoot out of the earth, forming a light dome over the stallion as he ducks for cover.

Perhaps the whole thing was just a complete exaggeration.
    A small patter of rain now decorates the outside of the shell, small droplets slowly easing their way into the structure as he lays still on the ground beneath him "I would appreciate a moment of silence now, if you do not mind?" perhaps borderline insanity was slowly plaguing his brain, eating away at his lustful ideas and rather painful memories.

There was no time for such things anyway. The stallion stands with haste as the structure protecting him slowly crumbles at his command "Good timing" he jaws as he steps over the gathered soil, referencing the halted advance of the rain.
    Aziz raises his head to the sky, his eyes slowly peering open as the sunlight begins to bring a tingling sensation to his eyes.
    The clouds have now parted and the sunlight is kindly greeted by the animals that now flood the field in front of him.

Aziz shakes his head as he moves forward, perhaps he just needs a bit of companionship and he will be sane once more.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

I tried something different and it is late so eh
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

Vadar

Seven characteristics are in an uncultivated person, and seven in a learned one

Interesting, the black stallion thinks to himself. For a passing few minutes he’d been edging closer to the common area where horses went to be recruited, leaving the Riverlands behind him and finding that he wasn’t very sad about that fact. There wasn’t much going on in the outer fringes of Beqanna society these days, especially since the Mountain had cracked herself open wide. Now everyone was more like himself, sick and panicking while scrambling for a solution to the problem they’d created themselves. Vadar saw it everywhere he went nowadays, but couldn’t exactly find the energy to care anymore.

What he did care about currently was the sight he’d just witnessed, traveling through a passing summer storm and getting to watch the last few moments of another stallion toying with powers that faintly resembled Vadar’s. The heavy sheets of rain had soaked what little skin was left on the clown-horse’s body, making him irritated enough to hold still, and then the faint rumble of shifting earth had kept him standing in one place, at full alert. He’d gazed up through the dark rain with red, glowing eyes and watched Aziz shape the ground beneath him into a dome.

Interesting, was what he thought. Then “Excuse me!” slipped out when the dry male had stepped forward into the sunlight to walk away. “Excuse me,” he tried again, stepping up behind the larger stallion, “noticed your handiwork back there. Pretty neat trick.” Vadar huffed out. It was a bit hard to keep up with the longer gait, but up until this point he hadn’t come across another creator.

There was so much to learn that they could teach each other. That is, if this other character was the willing type. “Not to bug you or anything but do you, uh, do that kind of thing often?” The smaller, black male questioned.

Info/Ref

@[Aziz]

Finally, the bay male could walk away dry, unperturbed by the freezing rain that covered the landscape only minutes ago.
    As the male begins to walk he hears a voice, a rather curious tone tinting the air as Aziz turns around, his body swaying in one direction to meet whoever disturbed his walk.
    As he finishes his rather placid turn, the stranger speaks again, the bay male's brow-raising almost instantly, the stranger is pretty quick to speak about the soil dome that now lay crumbled and undisturbed.
    Aziz observed the dark mare, raking over his sores and patches with his dark eyes, his brow remaining upright "It is indeed, a nice trick." he speaks in a rather monotonous tone as he rests his hind leg.

The inquisitive male queries Aziz about his abilities and how often he used them, maybe he also held special abilities as his fingertips, something rather intriguing that he did not know of yet, a mysterious stranger ready to be discovered.
    "I would say quite often yes, I build structures for the Icicle Isle at the moment, for horses to get out of the wind and cold" he nods for a moment as he looks around "I haven't really tested my limit yet either. I am Aziz by the way" he offers a dip in his frame as he takes a step back.
    The bay stallion still had a long way to go when it came to understanding his own abilities, for now, he did not even tire from his creations, although most were quite small.

"May I ask of your name?" he asks sharply, his voice tinged with curiosity this time as he raises his eyebrow once more, his frame returning upright as he shifts his legs for a moment.
    The stranger in front of him was rather interesting, his curiosity peaking his own.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Vadar] it's a little messy but its quite late and I'm all over the place lol

Vadar

Luckily, the bigger male decides to stop altogether, and Vadar’s already gleaming eyes flicker with quiet appreciation. He pulls up to a stop as well, sighing heavily through white lips that are functioning as a half-smile, his broad little chest pumping gently to give him relief from being winded. It’s expected that the strange manipulator would be hesitant, which is what Vadar attributes to the jacked brow of uncertainty and the deadpan tone of his companion. Most, if not all the horses in Beqanna who could wield power, weren’t so obvious about or very forthcoming even if they displayed it openly.

Personally, the pony stallion couldn’t give a shit. His was a singular gift for the user alone, nothing that could be seen like horns or wings, and nothing that could be used for tricks or treats like healing or mind fuckery. It was a battling type of move at the least, but the clown-faced horse himself expected bigger things to come with his unique skills. Breathing life into inanimate objects shouldn’t be used for narrow ideas alone, gods no, it could be used for so much more, which is why he’s out looking for inspiration.

And he finds it in Aziz. “That’s… actually really cool.” Vadar pipes up, “Aziz I’m Vadar - from Pangea now. I uh, well, I think it’s better if I show you.”

And with a short little turn he stares out into the openness of the Field and flicks his ears as if hearing something invisible call out his name. Whispering under his breath, the soil not far from where the two stand breaks open softly and bubbles up. This is not like Aziz’s display; not half as large, but soon it begins to make sense. Crumbles of soft earth shape together to form crude shoulders, trampled grass slithers around the clay to bend itself into willowy arms, and stones like fists gather at the end of those appendages.

A golem has arisen, and it turns to look at them with hollowed out sockets for eyes, waiting for Vadar’s command. “I make little creatures. Or big ones.” He shrugs. “Like you, I haven’t tested my limits. Right now I’m working on making them less blocky, more lifelike.”

The black’s face turns back and up to glance at Aziz, his red eyes wagging as if to say, pretty neat trick, am I right? “You’re from Icicle Isle you say? Never been there myself. I assume ice would work the same though… ” Vadar ponders, turning back to give the dark bay his full attention again. The little creation hobbles over to stand with them. “Have you been to Pangea?”

Info/Ref

@[Aziz] sorry for the wait! If you click on the word 'golem' it'll show you a picture of what Vadar's little creature basically looks like.

The male's curiosity is at large now as the dark stallion offers his name, acknowledging his previous statement before his introduction.
    The male seems quite lively so far, something Aziz could not really match that easily, especially after the whole weather fiasco not that long ago.
    Aziz is still rather lost in his own thoughts, as per usual his mind has already been led astray, dreaming of what is to come.
    The male's voice quickly brings him back, stating that he would demonstrate his abilities. The bay male's brow raises as he turns to face Vadar who has now turned away from him, facing an open field.

Aziz stays close but remains wary, he knows well that meddling with magic was not a good idea. At first, Aziz remains unimpressed, rather bored of the situation, but he is quick to remember that his own ability to bend the earth takes a while, his connection with the earth taking a while to form.
    The bay male raises an eyebrow as the earth begins to bubble, a shape making its way out of the soil, quite a stately figure emerging from below the soil.
    It seems to wait attentively, patiently on hold while he waits for a command.
    Aziz turns toward Vadar and smiles "That is quite impressive, I've never seen anything like it" he assumes such a creature would have the ability to do almost anything it desired, quite an asset to a kingdom.
    Aziz nods as Vadar asks him of the icicle isle "Yes, at first I was worried that the frozen ground would cause a problem. At first, it did, it was a lot harder to channel my ability through the earth, I could only make small shelters, but with practice, they became larger and stronger, the ice reinforcing them as well" Aziz nods as Vadar turns back toward him "I have never been to Pangea I don't think, what's it like there?" he asks.

Before the golem can make its way over, Aziz feels like some testing is needed. Without a warning the bay male's legs sink lightly sink into the earth, his eyes close and the earth begins to rumble gently "I want to see how strong your creation is, and how much mine can withstand" he smiles as a pillar erupts a few meters behind the golem.
    Aziz had only ever made his structures to protect him or others against weather, strong enough to endure wind or water damage, he had no idea if his structures would be able to hold.
    "I'm going to try and aim for a medium sort of thickness, infused with stone" he states as rocks and minerals spiral up the tower, crashing down around the golem as they form a dome consisting of earthly material "I believe it will be able to break through, I am not sure how strong I can make them yet" he adds as the earth begins to rumble again, now a small wall forms around the pair so that they will be able to duck from debris, a precaution just in case things get hairy.

Once finished the male steps out of the small holes in the earth, moving toward Vadar curiously "Let's see what you can do" he smiles as he stands closer to the wall, his body ready to duck for cover.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Vadar]

Vadar

“Sandy.” Vadar grunts, partially amused. Pangea was probably the armpit of Beqanna, overcast and angry-looking. Like one giant scar across an otherwise healthy face. There was little to eat and even less to drink unless you knew where to find it, but it occurs to him that maybe Icicle Isle is similar to Pangea in that way. Both harsh, unforgiving environments where only a few horses can stand to make a life. “But it has its charms.” He adds in afterthought, turning back to watch the creature make its way to them.

The golem seems so small and lifelike, but to Vadar it’s more of a pet. His white lips tilt, smirking, at the vibrations that begin to shake his legs. Aziz was welcome to call on his earthly powers and test them against Vadar’s. These sort of interactions were exactly the type of encounters he’d been looking for when traveling abroad anyways.

It was fascinating to watch his own little creature entrapped, so much so he hardly moves when a wall sprouts up for cover. He’d rather get a good view, take a step nearer to the earthen shield rather than backwards. “Infused with stone… ” Vadar murmurs, and his dimly glowing eyes begin to brighten. Inside of him there is a well of untapped energy. A cauldron, if he could describe it. The source of his power is something he’s only begun to channel with practice and, like Aziz, he’s not sure if the little stone servant will be able to best the dome. A low pounding gongs from inside; he can almost picture the rock fists as they slam into Aziz’s cage.

“He’s trying.” Vadar laughs deeply, noticing his skin starting to dampen with sweat. “Oh!- there, take a look.” He cranes his neck, narrowing the line of his illuminated gaze to see a hairline of webbing begin to crack on the dome. “He’s probably not big enough. But I wonder - I wonder if… ”

Now his eyelids close shut.
    He visualizes the creature inside of his own mind and does something a bit unorthodox. There’s material on the inside broken off by the golem’s grinding fists, a bit of earth on that dome. Vadar calls to it, whispers the word of power to take material from Aziz’s own formation and add it to his pet so that it would grow. “Aye. There.” He seems pleased, looking out again to watch a much larger, much more distinct fist burst through in a shower of pebble and dust.

“Shit this is fun.” The black laughs again, glancing aside at Aziz, “Could you feel that?” He wonders, curious about taking the dome material. "I'm not tired yet, either. Hell; I wonder what we could create together." Vadar whistles. "Want to go again?"

Info/Ref

@[Aziz] made it more so that the golem wasn't reacting to Vadar, just wanting to get to him and out of the rock/earth shell. Hope this is better!