• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  I have never been nothing

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

Ice and fire.

She had been molded from the dangerous elements of the world. Creating something beautiful and delicate, but very perilous all together. But she did not know how truly destructible she would become.

From the very beginning, Dracarys has wanted more. Her mind was filled with thoughts of dreams. Dreams where young foals should not be dreaming of such things at her age. But she was the child of a hellhound and dragon. It was strength that filled her bones and conquering the world was her birthright.

Everything could be yours if you wanted it enough, she recalls her hellhound father saying one day. Dracarys knew she was capable of what she currently wanted. She could have more besides the delicate, young body she remains in. She could have more than the power of fire she could summon to provide her protection.

It was not protection she wanted though. Dracarys wanted strength. It was the power of dragons she wanted. Her mother was the persona of what strength looked like to her. Not just being the blood of a dragon, but being an actual dragon (or as close as she could get to one).

Selfish it seemed, but Dracarys did not care to attend to her own dreams. She did not need to answer to anyone to get what she wanted. There was no one she needed to ask for help when she was the princess of Sylva and the blood of power. But there was the mountain—she knew she needed their help.

Making her own way to the Mountain had been easy. She did not need to tell her parents where she was going. A simple lie saying she was off to the Playground suffice enough for them, knowing their child was safe in the hands of the fairies. It might not be the Playground fairies, but it was almost the same to her.

Following from the bottom of the mountain path was no easy way. The rocky path twists and turn around the mountain, leading up to the very top. It is the very top of the mountain where she has heard the fairies reside. Stories of their love and anger fill her head now. Some of the stories about the fairies could have send any foals to avoid the mountain, but she did not fear the power that they wielded. It was their magic she needed.

And she would get it.

It was with determination that carried her up the rocky path to the mountain top. Her breath was heavy, and exhaustion showed in every remaining step she took once reaching the end of the path. But she never took time to rest. There was no resting now since she was determined to be heard.

Dracarys continues until she reaches onto the center of the flat surface of the mountain. She inhales the cold wind—it’s sharp and bitter in her nostrils. It is colder than the autumn winds she knows below the mountain. She takes a moment to settle at the center of the flat ground. Her silver-blue eyes glance around, looking for any signs of life.

“Hello?”

She calls out, hoping one of the fairies would show up at the sound of her voice. The blue filly wasn’t even sure how to do this. Was there some sort of protocol that she had to follow to summon the fairies to hear her out?

“Excuse me, but could I have a little bit of your time?” She asks, eyes narrowing slightly as she glances around the empty mountain. “I wanted to ask for your help.” Asking another for help usually was out of the question for her. She was often stubborn and wished to get things for herself, but this time she couldn’t.

There still doesn’t seem to be a response to her calls. But the young girl does not give up easily. “Well,” she continues on, “I want to be big and strong like my mother. She’s a dragon, and I was hoping maybe I could become a dragon too.” Her silver-blue eyes light up with excitement at the idea of becoming a dragon. “So, do you think you could help me?” Her eyes glance around the rocky surface. There is only silence and the thrashing of the cold winds. “I’d do anything to become stronger and like her,” she offers because she would do anything to be a dragon.

character info: here | character reference: here

@[Officials] Dracarys is petitioning to exchange her Fire Aura for Ice Dragon Mimicry.
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    She is not pleased with the interruption. There is more at stake than the petty needs of mortals looking for power, let alone tiny children with no good intentions that come knocking on her door. She appears, though darkness clings to the white faery’s hide. “Horses are dying,” she hisses, not bothering with a greeting, “And you seek strength. She practically hisses the last word, knowing what strength really means. The hearts of mortals are easy to read, and this child believes she is entitled to the world, entitled to power, not strength.  

“You will know what you ask for, seeking to trade protection for strength. You must take something, or someone, valuable from someone you love. You may not use your current trait to do so, and you must return what you take after a few weeks and make sure they know you took it.” With that, she disappears, leaving the child to fend for herself.

@[Dracarys] rolled a 6 and received a quest. You must take something from a loved one in one thread and then return it in a new thread. You may RP with another player or use the NPC account.
    Please tag in replies

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

“You will know what you ask for, seeking to trade protection for strength.”

Dracarys remembers the @[Wysteria Fairy] telling her. The words are burned into her mind, a memory she cannot shake from. She is haunted by the words of the fairy.

The world she had known, coming to the mountain for the first time, was no longer the same. She had known what it was to be ice and fire then, but now she is not quite sure what it means. The world had not offered her what she thought she was meant to have. It gave her something quite different.

Her life had shifted in many ways after leaving the mountain. The blue mare had every intention of completing her quest to become a dragon. However, the hurdles of her life recently had troubled her. Dracarys had second guessed every aspect of the world and who she was becoming. She questioned the morals and values her parents had taught her as well. Learning to find her way in life was not a simple path—it was harder than she had imagined, and it tested her in many ways.

Dracarys was determined though. Never did the blue splashed mare forget the reason why she had come to the mountain and the quest she was given to complete. She had risked her protection for something deep within her that she desired more than anything now. Though the strength she once had sought was different now.

She climbs the familiar path of the mountain. Following along the trail that she remembers taking what felt almost a lifetime ago. The autumn winds are strong and brisker up here on the mountain top, but she pushes on remembering why she wanted to become a dragon.

Eventually, the mountain path opens wider. The rocky surface becomes flatter, though with each step she can feel the ridged earth beneath her. Her silver-blue gaze flickers around the mountaintop, searching for a moment. She can feel her heart beating against her chest. For some reason she was feeling anxious to meet the fairy again.

“Hello fairy,” she says in greeting into the windy mountaintop. “I hope you didn’t forget about me.” A soft smile touches her lips at the small bit of humor. Dracarys waits for the fairy to appear before continuing.

“I have learned a lot since I last came here seeking strength.” She pauses for a moment remembering what she almost lost because of her greed to become something more powerful. The events of the last year also come to mind—her father losing the crown, leaving the only home she had, and almost losing her friend. “The protection I wanted to trade for strength was childish. Perhaps even downright foolish of me. I was naïve of the world when I first came here, but now I see the importance of protection. There is a price for everything. Every choice someone makes effects someone else.”

Dracarys pauses and takes a deep breath. “I risked losing the only friend I have ever made so far in my life in order to find the strength I wanted. My choice effected my friend more than anything. I took away the most important thing to her. The very thing that protected her. However, despite my wrongdoings, my friend understood why I did it and forgave me.” She smiles softly at recalling the memory that happened only days ago. “I should have known all along that there is strength within protection. Dragons are not only strong and mighty, but they are protectors for those who they care for and what they believe in. With this, I have learned now why I truly seek in becoming like a dragon.” The young mare then falls silent, waiting to hear what the fairy would have to say.

Oops I forgot to add these.

Taking something from a loved one: http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24027
    Returning it to the loved one: http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24435
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    The girl comes back, changed and grown in mind and body both. It doesn’t take long for Wysteria to appear, gentler this time than the last, though never truly gentle. She is nothing like her namesake or her appearance, so much harder than one would expect from a tiny little fairy named like a tree and colored in glitter.

“I remember you,” she says. She does not forget, though their lives are so small compared to hers, she does not forget them. They are insignificant in so many ways, and yet, they all affect Beqanna. They all shape and change the course and future of the land that she has been created from, that she is sworn to serve and protect. And so, she does not forget them.

The girl continues, and it is clear enough she has learned the lesson Wysteria had hoped she would learn. Entitlement no longer radiates from the girl, and finally, she says simply. “You will become what you seek.” Purple tendrils of magic reach toward the girl, their touch icy, transforming the girl into the thing she seeks to become. When the transformation is done, Wysteria is already gone.

Your quest is successful and you have been granted Ice Dragon Mimicry in exchange for her Fire Aura. Please post in updates.
    Please tag in replies