• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Always been within; any

Tähti
    we are stars wrapped in skin

She's restless, and maybe that's because this is new.

She's never been an actual adult until now.

"Yay, me." The grey and raven mare whispers to herself, before entering the kingdom before her. She has been to the Field before, but finding one man who liked to live dangerously and another coming to her (not needed) rescue, and the following looks and bickering and other words that were exchanged - well, she got bored. A lot. So she simply vanished during their heated conversation, a few steps back into the bushes and turning to not look back was all it took her. At that moment, she remembered another man, a boy at the time, and wished she could become invisible too. Who knew, right? She hadn't thought about their meeting in a long time, or well, once before really when she was a little girl (again) and had wondered if he'd be confused at her age. He would be now, still, too. She was visibly much younger than he would remember her to be.

Back then, he had lived in Loess, she thought, or maybe she'd heard about that later. Ah, yes, wasn't he a leader or something? Though when she'd passed the border just now she couldn't find his smell so easily; and so, she wasn't too sure about it.

But whatever the case - this was simply the first kingdom she'd set foot in that wasn't Hyaline, Nerine or Pangea (not that stupid). If the inhabitants didn't like it, she would move on to the next. See if they had a purpose for her somewhere. Because really - she didn't really want to end up like her father, was all.

the light you are searching
    has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Wolfbane] if you have time; anyone else is free to join too
    Lately the sunlight women had found herself going two and fro between Loess and the pampas, she had missed so much during her absence, the kingdom had flourished, her sweat and tears had some how made it through the contagion. Yet Loess was a whole different creature from what she had remembered during her queenhood. The terrain feels different, and she feels ever so lost the feeling is strange she had never felt so lost within her own homeland, the very feeling of being lost had led her here in her youth and had brought her to found Loess from the very ashes. 

Today she finds herself aimlessly wandering the flowered hills of her homeland, her obsession with wild flowers often led her to various patches, where she would pine over them for hours plucking and placing them in small arranged bundles within her feathery plumage. She fusses over a patch of daffodils, at the very edge of the kingdom, the flowers bloom is elegant, yet sweet and innocent and Heda can't help herself but to add a few to her current bouquet entangled within her golden wings.

She often finds herself alone when scavenging for flowers, but today she finds herself in the presence of a inky young woman. Her curiosity sparks, pulling her away from her daily hobby her golden flecked gaze fixed on the ebony girl. Heda hadn't seen her before in Loess, nor in the pampas, thus leaving her to beleive that perhaps she was a visitor or an envoy from another kingdom(yet she honestly doubted that).

A gentle smile forms on her lips as she strides towards the stranger, wild flowers falling her wake as they came loose from her wings due to the movement. "Hello, I'm Heda." Her words flow out of her lips like honey, sweet and slow. "Welcome to Loess, how can I help you?" she adds. The very words feel strange on her lips it had been quite some time since she had attended any diplomatic duties, perhaps it had been since her queen hood since she had welcomed anyone to Loess. The very thought brings nostalgia through every inch of her body, she missed those days, she missed being a diplomat.

@[Tähti]
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

Tähti

She takes it easy, strolls slowly. Not in a hurry, and she also doesn’t want to give the impression of purposefully intruding. Yet, she cannot bring herself to wait on the border, so if that’s something these people can’t appreciate, she’ll know that she is in the wrong place.

After all that’s all that this is; a test of sorts. See if this is a fit or a total mismatch. She won’t settle for in-between either. Men, and lust and everything surrounding it, she doesn’t care for. But her lack of a purpose is annoying her. She’s 6 years old now, and she’s only now made it to a three-year-old in body. Who knows how long it takes before she is a dependent child again? Better make the most of it.

The mare who approaches is older than three, probably older than six too, she thinks. But that’s not the point. A diplomatic greeting follows, and the raven-haired grey mare folds her ebony wings to her lighter body with a quick nod of her head in return. ”I’m Tähti.” she states. Purposefully leaving a bit of a pause there, she lets the other know she is not, or no longer, part of any kingdom. ”I was wondering if Bane is around. Yellow, blue stripes, fangs, wings, invisible at times? If not though, I still wouldn’t mind a look at this place.” Curiously, her amber eyes dart around. What is Loess like?

has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Heda]
    The golden women listens, a super dusted smile spread wide on her lips in a friendly notion as the girl speaks her name, Tahti, it suites her Heda thinks to herself her curiosity dwindling. "It's a pleasure to meet you Tahti." She expels, with sweet words, tasting the girls name for a moment or two before drawing her attention back to the inky girl's intentions. The second she mentioned Bane, her curiosity peaked again, now why was this girl looking for her son-in-law? She wasn't one to question it, so with a quick flick of her tail, she emits, "I'm sure my son-in-law.. Bane is close by." 

Her gaze diverts form the girl and begins scanning the horizon, her hazel hues lifting to the sky for a moment or two hoping to catch a glimpse of the striped stag's presence. There is no sign of him, with a graceful lift of her crown she parts her lips, and calls for him. "Wolfbane.." Her vocals are carried by warm summer breeze. 

Her attention returns to the ebony girl, "I'm sure he'll be here soon." She hums, "I would've thought you'd be looking for Castile, he is the current reigning  monarch of Loess." She adds, curious as to why this girl was seeking out Bane.

@[Tähti] @[Wolfbane]
    OOC: Trashhhh.... I'm sorry
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・

Both his extended and direct family were growing like weeds in a healthy rain. First Heartfire, and now his wife’s mother and uncle along with the triplets… The tendrils of Wolfbane’s connections seemed stronger now that he’d returned home, even if it wasn’t exactly his home to command anymore. Not having a title didn’t matter as much as it would’ve when he’d been younger and more irresponsible; once upon a time he’d pledged his life to Loess and now it seems that Loess had returned that promise tenfold. He wasn’t about to break it just because an invisible crown rested on another stallions forehead.

Things of that nature always seemed to come and go with time. Perhaps in a hundred years he’d be ruling again, somewhere else.

Thoughtfully, the idea made him laugh as he grazed with two wings tucked comfortably into his sides. Oddly enough the timing of things like succession and duty couldn’t have been better planned - Lepis had her hands full and Wolfbane preferred to be close at hand should she or anyone else need him. For the first time in a long time he was free to devote his time where it was most needed, and as he clipped another mouthful of healthy growth to chew the ‘necessity’ of him being available showed itself when Heda called out for his attention.

He wasn’t far off. The strong curve of his neck lifted his masked face and twerked both golden ears in the direction of her voice, echoing from downwind where his mother in law was obscured by undulating hills and a sparse growth of short, hardy trees in bloom.

Their fragrance wafted pleasantly through his senses and clung to his skin as Bane darted off, quickly heading through their clawing branches and out into the field where he dipped his head to snatch up a few blooming flowers he knew Heda loved so much. The dark gold and navy mare was always adorned with them, and he was intent on making his wife’s mother comfortable and happy.

“Heda!” He mumbled, approaching the two, “And… Tähti?!” The drake muttered in surprised disbelief. He hoped he got her name right, seeing as they’d only met once and that had been, what? Four or five years ago? That past seemed like a blur now. “I brought you some violets I think.” Wolfbane told Lepis’ dam, stretching out his mouth so that she could gather them up herself if she wished, and then he turned his attention to the mottled gray female.

“Still spying on other horses?” He joked lightly, in reference to the first time they’d met. Though the longer he stared the more he noticed something different about her. “I feel like I should be asking where your parents are, young lady.” He smirks playfully. “What’s your secret?”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Heda] @[Tähti]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Tähti

The greying young woman wasn’t quite sure yet if it was, or would be, a pleasure for Heda to meet her, but she could appreciate the politeness of her remark and nodded. She did not indulge on Tähti’s reasons for being here, a feat on it’s own. The woman was definitely curious about it, and probably purposefully mentioned that Bane was her son in law. At which the winged girl simply grinned a bit. Why, married and leadership even. He’d sure lived life to the fullest whilst she had been recovering from her two deaths.

She shrugged at Castile’s name though. ”I’d rather find out if he’s leading for long enough to get mentioned, first.” Severely rude for a diplomat, but Tähti was never meant to be one. Even with her mother bringing her up and the bald woman in Nerine insisting on history and diplomacy lessons as much as the physical training - this only resulted in the fact that the raven-winged grey knew she was on the edge of insulting someone, but not that she cared about correcting herself.

The sound of wings made her look up and sure as hell, he’d come for his mother in law’s call alright. His greeting was one of disbelief, ah, so she was at least recognizable then. His face, though? Priceless. It took him long enough to notice something was amiss, and she did not hide her joy at this fact. ”I don’t think so. A lady never tells.” Though, she cocked her head at him since he made her think of her parents. ”I know where they are, don’t worry.” Faeries, he’d been so worried about her then. He better not do that again.

Looking from him to Heda, she smirked. ”So, I hear you’re married now. Five years and you’ve already lived most of your life?” She made a tssk-ing sound at that. ”I’ll forever run behind, I guess. At least I finally made it to a full adult this time.” she murmured, then looked at him. Something still puzzled her. ”Why’d you give up on leading? I could use me some pirating and adventures, I think.” But Loess was no longer like that.

She’d thought she might fit in here under Bane, but maybe it wouldn’t be the case with the new guy.

has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Heda] @[Wolfbane]