• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do you feel alive | any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The roan shrugs - oh he does a lot of shrugging - at her comment, "I guess waiting can be easier," he says, not entirely letting go of his teasing tone. She seems as dismissive of him as he is of her, though; letting his comment about winning his age-old argument with Arthas slide so easily. But she wasn't there, so how could she possibly know. She's the second-best thing in his case, since he's not able to talk to the grey Andalusian male any longer, but she simply is of a different generation, has grown up in the relative safety of being a princess (whether she liked it or not - actually it seems like she didn't like it), and she wasn't there for most of the rivalry between the two men.
    So, he doesn't tell her about the afternoon he spent with her mother either. Or about Roseen. It's long past, and she has nothing to do with it. Not even when she makes a comment about running into himself too often.

But then she says something funny. She wouldn't know it is funny, though - still it takes him a few moments of laughter before he can answer. Shaking his head, the scaled stallion looks at her with a comical look to now turquoise-green eyes. "Ah, no. I visited, for about three months tops. I've had a lot of homes in my life, but Loess was never one of them. The Isle though... I guess it's home, more than any of the other places I've lived. But perhaps even that will change, too." Another shrugging motion follows. "You should be lucky to have one steady place to call home." He had never been that fortunate, always itching to know more places, meet other people. Yet Breckin and the ice in his veins, seemed to be enough connection to the Isle and Nerine that he'd stay there more often than not, these days. But really, who can say what the future brings. Perhaps he'll end up in Tephra, too. As ridiculous as that sounds.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Mary]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |