• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Feeling your warmth flow away is the sensation I trust the most; Any!
    Caelestra

Caelestra wanders around the outskirts of Silver Cove, bowled over the frontier of cold waves that crashed into the dark stone formations below, churning away at the stone in a slow manner, creating a grand landscape that attracted the naked eye.
    The coal-like mare gently hobbles down toward the shore, her hooves smoothly scraping the surface of rock and dark sand as she inhales deeply, the smoky and salty air filling her lungs. The mare smiles pleasingly as she begins to trot, her breathing now relaxed as she enjoys the summer air.

She halts close to the water's edge, observing the sun as it now came crashing down toward the water, perhaps a slight exaggeration of a daily occurrence she loved to observe.
    The scene was set quite perfectly now, a glaring orange mass hovering above a dim ocean, surrounded by dark earth and sand, her eyes perpetually stuck looking outward toward the edge of the world.
    Moving to the Cove was most likely the best decision she could have made, staying in Loess would have only caused complications.
    Although the mare could not lose all worry, she remembers Castile stating that she was bound to Loess and that she would not be allowed to leave, of course, maybe he had only said it to install fear into her, or perhaps force her to make a stupid decision.

It did not matter now anyway, she was here to stay and make herself as useful as possible to whoever needed her.
    For now, the mare could relax rather than worry about Loess constantly, she could bathe in the summer sunlight and enjoy the smooth salty breeze that surrounded the Cove. 

[Image: YDKFjJC]

everything we are, it just went away
    with a slide of the tongue and a sour taste

It’s hard for her to think about how much has changed these past few years, since the plague struck Beqanna and rained turmoil down upon them.

Before the plague, it was her and Sunny against the world; best friends, never to be parted. Their ruling home was Hyaline and Dawn was in love with the place and its bitterly cold lake and her people, and their queens were happy, healthy, and adored. The children she met here – when she was but a child herself – were all friends, laughing and playing together. But there was no Silver Cove in her past – no Isilme and Austra, either. As much as she longs for simpler times, she would never go back if given the opportunity.

She is alone for once, which is both pleasant and uncomfortable. She has grown so used to the company of the twins that any time spent without them feels weird to her, but the girls had wanted to explore parts of the Cove that weren’t the beach. She has to admit she is constantly drawn towards the crashing waves and obsidian sand, having spent so much time here when she first arrives, and it is here that her hooves carry her.

Her eyes fall on the black mare standing at the seashore, her jet black coat nearly blending with the sand. She nickers to the other mare to announce her presence, her long legs carrying her quickly to the woman’s side. “Hello,” she says with a smile, catching a whiff of Loess on the other’s hide. “My name is Dawn. What brings you to the Cove on this beautiful day?”

Dawn

oh, it's gonna be a long night

@[Caelestra]
    clean.
    Caelestra

The salty scent of the air changes abruptly to reveal the aroma of another horse, the clatter of hooves quickly accompanying the familiar scent.
    Caelestra doesn't move until the stranger greets her, the mare's head turning gently to face the voice that was now blocking out the crash of the waves in front of her.
    The curious mare is quick to introduce herself with a greeting, a smile streaking across her face as she speaks.

Caelestra returns the warm smile, her lips parting to speak "Hello" her tone remains quite soft and dimly lit "It is nice to meet you, I am Caelestra" she introduces herself politely, gently bobbing her head downward in greeting.
    The strangerly mare questions as to why Caelestra was down at the cove today, perhaps she did not know yet.
    "I was brought down here by Clayton. I left Loess not too long ago and he convinced me to stay here" Clayton was quite good at convincing, or perhaps she was too naive.
    "I have only been here a day or two, I will hopefully be able to make myself useful as a healer" she smiles again, the corners of her lips lifting slightly.

The female shifts her weight slightly as she now turns to fully converse with the fellow mare, she remembers that Clayton had spoken of her before "I believe Clayton had mentioned training with you" she says, her voice remaining gentle, only loud enough for it to carry above the crashing waves.
    "It is quite the interesting responsibility, isn't it?" her voice changes to a weirdly stern tone, her brow raising as she applies the question.

@[Dawn]

everything we are, it just went away
    with a slide of the tongue and a sour taste

She has not realized that her counterpart has been recruiting... especially not so many other women. She is not the jealous type – she has no claim to Clayton, other than that of a dear friend who is perhaps a bit protective – but she can't help but find it amusing that he has so many female friends. Is he like Sunny, pawing his way through several girlfriends until he finds the ‘one’? She won’t judge – she had fallen in love with Rhae, and then given her virginity to Litotes, after all – but it seems a bit silly to her. She hopes that he is not leading them on with false promises of love, but something tells me he may just be naïve to the charms he is laying on these women.

The mare turns to her and dips her head in greeting as she introduces herself, and Dawn’s eyes brighten as she speaks. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Caelestra,” she responds, her long blonde tail flicking over her hocks. “Any friend of Clayton’s is a friend of mine as well, and I do hope you decide to stay.” She mentions being a healer and Dawn’s ears flick, wondering if she had been stolen away to Loess like her own dam had been. “My mother is a healer as well, in Loess. I’ve tried convincing her to leave, but she almost seems... loyal to Castile. I can’t imagine why, after he stole her away from her home.”

She has to admit that she is not the biggest fan of the southern kingdom, despite her mother and grandsire and slew of relatives living there. They have done little to provoke Loess, and yet Castile has recently stolen Kagerus and Solace’s tiny legacy, whom she had taken under her wing and had hoped to raise alongside the twins.

“I do happen to be Clayton’s partner in crime,” she says with a hearty laugh, casting her thoughts away from Loess. It seems that Clayton is the one person who has always been by her side, as everyone else from the original Hyaline group has faded to their own corners of Beqanna. Clayton remained – she remained. Perhaps it was destiny that drew them together to rule the Cove; she knows that they are the only ones strong enough to do it once Ilma steps down and returns to Hyaline.

“It is quite interesting so far,” she admits, glancing out at the ocean before returning her gaze to Caelestra. “I’ve learned so many things from Ilma, and having to raise twins at the same time is really quite complicated. I believe that I’m beginning to get the hang of it, though. There are so many lands I want to make time to visit, and so many other leaders I’ve yet to meet. It’s hard, but it... it also feels like fate. Like this is what I was meant to become.”

Dawn

oh, it's gonna be a long night

@[Caelestra]
    clean.
    Caelestra

Caelestra turns to Dawn with smile, it doesn't take long for her to turn the conversation around and back to Loess, she mentions her mother's healing ability and her current situation in Loess, Cael frowns for a moment before turning to her "I had spent a little while in Loess, I was there to try to prevent Castile from creating a war. But I failed, I got pushed aside, he assured me he would cause no bloodshed" she looks back toward the ocean and observes the waves grow bigger as the tide slowly nears them "I should have probably been a little more persistent, but there is not much a bear can do against a dragon" she says with a mellow tone, turning to Dawn with her head tilted "I'm sure your mother will be alright though, Castile has a way around people I cannot understand. It's rather terrifying" she smiles faintly.

The fellow mare confirms that she is now working with Clayton, Cael's head sinks for a moment as she listens to her "I'm glad" she retorts, her recent encounter with Clayton had most definitely not been the best and she would rather not dwell on the subject, glad that the mare moves on with the conversation, speaking about leadership and learning to rule while caring for twins.

"Sounds like quite a handful, my children have left me now so I'm pretty lonely these days. Although I must say, birthing a lion was a first for me" she laughs as she turns back toward the fellow mare "I would be happy to help in any way that I can" just like in Loess the mare tried to make herself as useful as she could, happy to earn her place in the kingdom rather than sit around doing nothing.

@[Dawn]
    [Image: YDKFjJC]