• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Forever Young |Eurwen|
    Corban had quietly lived in Nerine, mainly because it was a quiet kingdom. He found himself here to prove himself worthy, yes he loved his sister who was nearly his mother but he didn't want to be given rank because her power.

He hasn't had the chance to do much proving in Nerine, but his mind has never been able to leave that gold and pink mare that he ran into his first day. She was not afraid to speak her mind, and it was rare someone tried putting him in his place.

Unlike most days, today he was on a mission. He explored the kingdom hoping to bump into Eurwen, they may not have gotten off on the right foot but hopefully she wouldn't hold it against him. A friend would be nice, and she was even his age. Perhaps she could give some insight on Nerine, hopefully.

@[Eurwen] here is a crappy starter for you, whenever you get a chance<3

Eurwen
    the secret to walking on water is
    knowing where the rocks lie
    She's not one to actively seek attention; perhaps one trait she has in common with her aunt-cousin (she honestly thinks Heartfire more of a sort of aunt than that she would see her as her cousin, implying they're of the same generation; what with all the age difference and life experiences. Heartfire is a great-grandmother; Eurwen is barely coming of age).

So, not unlike other days, she doesn't stroll through the middle of the kingdom, but favours the outskirts; the rocks that allow her to stand and watch over the waves, calculating the distance between herself and most of her close family living near, but far enough to have her have her own life; she misses them, but not in a bad, heart-wrenching kind of way, and knows how often her little brother sneaks over the canal to visit the mainland, even if he doesn't visit her even half of those times. Such a cunning fellow he thinks he is: she lets him believe he goes by undetected.

She doesn't necessarily hide, either. Her rose-golden mane frequently catch the sunlight, especially in this season, she simply doesn't behave like she catches the attention, chooses to ignore it whenever she can. Sometimes she wonders if the green and white boy had stayed or went on after his first meeting with Nerinians; however if he did indeed stay either he was perhaps favouring his crow form and like her not mingling with the others too much, or he had avoided her so far. Honestly, the latter would not have been very hard to do, she knows. She hasn't been the very best heir, she thinks. If Heartfire picked someone else, she couldn't blame her.

Her headaches have worsened by now, her eyes no longer as shiny as her mane, dully looking around some days more than others. But she can't let headaches and the occasional itch in her throat stand in the way of her fulfilling her duty as princess, or whatever the title should be - so that when her eyes catch the green pinto roaming around, clearly looking for something, she leaves her favoured place upon the higher rocks and walks down the slope to meet him. "I wasn't sure you'd stay." she tells him, knowing that he must have had quite a bump to his ego when he first came here.

@[Corban]
    It seems that fate has pulled them together, or he was looking to hard. The pink and gold mare nears him, noting she wasn't sure he had stayed.

Yea he was looking for her, but she didn't need to know that. He cocks an eye and with a grin responds, I'm pretty hard to scare off. His gaze remains on hers for a moment before shifting to scan the horizon.

It's been very quiet here, is it normally like that? His eyes ponder back to Eurwen, who seems to be in a better mood than there last meeting. A kingdom he hoped to prove his worth in, is proving to be a hard task. None the less, the others don't particularly suite him, and his childhood friends live here as well.

Were you born here? Have you met Dagen and Brazen yet? He was full of questions but settles on a few. Perhaps if she had met Dagen and Brazen they would have more of a common ground to be friends on.

@[Eurwen] I'm sorry, they posts will get better soon!

Eurwen
    The pink and white girl looks at the green and white colt with a smile on her face. He's actually quite amusing, she has to give him that. Though, perhaps he didn't mean to. In which case she is rude for having fun about it, she would guess.

He says he's pretty hard to scare off, and she narrows her eyes at him. "Is that so? Perhaps I should try harder." she chuckles, walking up to him. Her dark eyes search his, but he's now looking at the rest of the kingdom, which is indeed a little empty. "Depends on what you call normal. Most people here don't actively seek fights, but really..." she falls silent for a moment. "It has been busier. Perhaps you're not doing your task as diplomat very well?" Now, she grins openly at him, totally making fun of him. She knows it's not his fault Nerine is not too busy these days, but well - perhaps they do indeed need to recruit some more faces.

"I wasn't, and yes. Actually, I met them in the Cove." she tells him, her tail swishing and her mind elsewhere as her face seems to fall just a moment. "I haven't seen them since the change of crowns. But I think they should be around. They can be hard to find if they don't want to be, I guess."

@[Corban] blerp
    What Is A Man With No Honor

She is quick to poke fun at Corban, saying she should have tried harder to scare him off. He snorts a laugh and playfully rolls his eyes in response. Yet you didn't, deep down you must have wanted me to stay. His eyes narrow on her with grin tugging at his lips, two can play this game.

When he asks about the quietness of the kingdom she again pokes, saying he was not holding up his diplomatic duties. His face had turned neutral, ahh yes, well I have yet to meet anyone from the diplomats. Shouldn't they introduce themselves? Announce what it is they need? Each kingdom runs differently, and he knew that, but it was a desperate attempt to back himself out of the corner.

He wanted so bad for Nerine to be his home, with Dagen and Brazen, perhaps his only two friends. It didn't come as a shock when Eurwen says she knows who they are, but they have fallen silent for her as well.

He nods his head, Yes, they certainly can. They would spend months apart, but everytime they got together again it was like the trio never missed a beat. Although the one thing that stuck out to Corban was that Eurwen wasn't born in Nerine, why did she come here then?

He steps closer to the pink girl If you weren't born here, then what brought you here? He was digging deep to know the girl better, perhaps they weren't so different after all.

[corban]

@[Eurwen]

Eurwen
    The pink and the green are teasing one another, and she can honestly be happy to have found someone her age who appears to become her friend. He makes her laugh, teases her right back. That’s all she needs in a friend, she guesses - a mirror to hold against her high pose, to get her feet back down on earth. It uses to be her siblings but Corban is a great second.

He mentions that he has not met other diplomats and she frowns. ”While you did meet Nalia, I guess that you’re not the only diplomat not knowing what they’re doing.” she grins at him then, and shrugs. ”For starters I guess we should recruit more enthusiastic souls. Anyone with a strength at their core would be a good fit, either as diplomat or as a warrior.”

Corban agrees that the twins are sometimes hard to find, but it is something else in her andwer that seems to hold his interest. Eurwen chuckles. ”It’s not too exciting. I was born on Icicle Isle because Mother thought it would be safer if we grew strong before we could catch the Plague.” She tells him. ”After my little adventure to help find a cure, she named me heir after Heartfire, and here we are.” Still sick, still not entirely fit to rule yet, she thinks. She tilts his head at him. ”What didn’t you like about your previous home?” she asks him then. Why else would he have sought another place to live if he did not have something to dislike there?

@[Corban]
    What Is A Man With No Honor

Perhaps they got off on the wrong foot, but this encounter was going much better. He left Cast back in Sylva, and though he misses his home and friends Nerine seemed to be looking up for him.

When he mentions the lack of diplomat presence, Eurwen mentions Nalia. The mother of the scared foal, she admits her own lack of knowledge and continues to give options. Recruiting was a good start, and perhaps a way to be noticed more. Thats true, he says with a smile, I was a good recruiter for Sylva, guess I can look for the kinder souled. He jokes at his rather dark home.

When he asks about her born kingdom he is more than suprised by her response. She is the queens daughter, the heir to Nerine. His eyes grow wide when she says that and a grin quickly follows. The green and white stag bows his head before finding her gaze once more. Well you didn't tell me I was in the presence of royalty. He laughs, and imagines that she perhaps tries to hide it for the simple fact people change the way they act.

She asks what he didn't like about his last home, and the truth was..nothing. He loved Sylva, I guess I didn't really have anything against Sylva. My sister is the queen, I did work hard for the kingdom but it felt like my promotions were pushed by my sister. She would have announced me champion if she was to choose. His eyes scan the open kingdom of Nerine that was much different from the covered Sylva before looking back to Eurwen. I wanted to know that my status was because of my hard work, and not because my blood relation to Mary. He admits his thoughts that he has never told another. Perhaps Eurwen could relate the most, heir to Nerine after all.

[corban]

@[Eurwen]