• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.
    Unfortunately, Meraxes hadn’t had his mother stick around long enough for him to learn about this thing called tact. He didn’t know that he couldn’t - or shouldn’t - waltz right up to a couple that is happily (or not so happily, but who is he to know) conversing about private matters such as their own future children or something like that. Side note: gross. She hadn’t taught him about waiting his turn or being polite; she had basically set him free upon the world with little more than a “good luck, son” and steered him in the direction of Loess.

The woman looks to him first, surprise and anger and other emotions that he can’t place all crossing her face in a manner of seconds. Icy eyes wide, he takes a step back, though her fury isn’t turned on him – it's turned on the man he believes to be his father, and as much as he wants to step forward to defend him, his feet are frozen in place and he glances between the two of them, simply terrified.

The man doesn’t respond to the woman but instead looks to young Mer, and the boy struggles to process the emotion on his face. Is he crying? Why?

“You’re v-very pretty, ma’am,” he says to Starsin, glancing over to her nervously. The anger rolling off of her is nearly palpable and he wants to turn and run, but his father’s calmness keeps him anchored for now. Ophanim asks him if he needs a home and his gaze switches back to the man, his eyes tracing the halo of light encircling his father’s head.  

“I, um, I don’t really know if I need a home,” he says, terrified to look back at Starsin. “My mother told me to go find adventure, that I have siblings here if I were to need a friend.” Of course, he means Brink and Bereave, his mother’s first two children, but he doesn’t realize that miss Starsin might take that the wrong way. She’s obviously not very pleased by the boy’s existence, and though he doesn’t understand why, he doesn’t want to cross her.
    meraxes
    bite my glass, set myself on fire; can't you tell i'm crass?

@[Starsin] @[Ophanim]