• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Valdis}

Mary

She was heavily pregnant, bigger than she ever was with Sabrina. She fears she carries twins, now she would not only have one child to worry who the father is, but two.

She would be nearing birth any day now, she just knew it as her body signaled for it. She sluggishly lurked around Sylva, the snow finally melted from the kingdom and the spring sun offered warmth after the harsh winter.

The grass was fresh and lushes, it was much sweeter than the summer grass that was damaged by the summer heat. She grabs one last mouthful of the cool grass before continuing to move through the kingdom. She can't help but wonder if Valdis was carrying Sinner's child, would Sabrina have a sibling from Sinner's side as well?

She snorts at the thought she finds herself barricaded in a circle of budding trees. A large body of water is just within view before her, a boulder off to the side. She thinks this will do nice to nestle into for the next few days, give birth here, in peace.

@[Valdis] <3

Long May She Reign

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

It can no longer be ignored. Valdis desperately tried to suppress her concern and distaste; she tried distracting herself by fawning over her daughter, but her pulse was far too hasten and her heartbeat was throbbing in her ears.

Dracarys was deposited in a secluded area, surrounded by a bed of leaves and saplings. It isn’t far from her, refusing to allow her newborn far from sight. As a first-time mother, she is overtly wary.
    But her daughter needs not see the temper and fire rise in Valdis, not yet at least.

So, with her nestled away, Valdis slips through a knot of trees until Mary is found, dappled by the sunlight slanting through the canopy. She wants to be angry already, to funnel her sharpened tongue with accusation, but something – Maturity? Wisdom? – diverts her emotional path to cloak her in an eerie stoicism with only a slight edge to her voice. ”Mary,” her whore queen, she muses but never admits aloud. This, however, if confirmed, would quite possibly force her opinions to leak like poison across the forest.

A mild glance searches for the Queen’s child (little does she know that twins were delivered from her womb) before settling on her face again. ”I assume pregnancy treated you well?” That that she cares, truly. There had been no shouts, no screams, of agony or loss. Sylva, as always, is tranquil and quiet.

Her mouth opens again, to breach the subject that simmers beneath her calm surface, but then it shuts again in reconsideration, deciding to wait for a few moments longer.

Valdis

@[Mary]
    I just went ahead and geared it toward after delivery because I failed at posting sooner. So sorry about that!

Mary

The twins were off playing, sheltered in the comfort of Sylva. They were growing each day, and both had different bold personalities. Mary stood quietly, allowing her body to relax in the silence.

There was a lot going on in Sylva and she had been strategically working with Sinner, even if he had been mad about the twins. Having the child to two different fathers....that is certainly a story that not everyone gets to share.

Her eyes burst open as her name is muttered, and a sigh of annoyance parts her lips when she recognizes the voice as Valdis'. Valdis, she mutters her name in a relaxed tone, refusing to allow her to disrupt her peace.

The colorful mare speaks again, this time Mary finds her gaze. She inquires about her pregnancy, the one that was nearly undetectable now that her body has regained its slim shape. Ah yes, twins this season, I saw Sinner's newest daughter. A small smirk gathered on her maw as she said it, Valdis had given her goods to Sinner, claimed as his.... for now .

Anyway, it is interesting that you mention my children, both fathers lived in the Cove. Perhaps you knew them? She looks for a reaction, two stallions from her homeland. Let's see....oh yes it was Velk and Raul, she nonchalantly notes two fathers instead of one. Each gave a night of fun, Raul returned to the Cove in silence while Velk lurker around Sylva.

Long May She Reign

@[Valdis] /bomb dropped

Mary’s drawl is a thorn in Valdis’ side, another trigger that skyrockets the pulsating of her blood. Fire pours through her, and it nearly surfaces to her skin until she swallows it down with a slow blink of her eyes. The pounding of her heart settles, for now, and she funnels her attention on the children – all of which are absent – and the fertility that Mary seems to possess. ”Congratulations,” she states with the slightest upturn of gentleness in her voice. As fearful as she was to be a mother, Valdis has settled into the position well enough. ”Yes, Dracarys will be quite a force,” she expected no less from her coupling with Sinner, ”and I can only imagine what her future siblings will be like.” A blatant inclination that her time with the King is far from over. There is something brewing between them, but it isn’t so beautiful as a tender lover’s kiss or a warm, passionate embrace. They feed from one another’s strength, empowering each other.

Together, they could be unstoppable.

And she expects their prodigy to mirror that – to bolster the dragon and hellhound heritage – and to thrive.

Smug in her own imagination, it takes a second longer to hear Mary speak, but Valdis’ eyes narrow quickly enough to mask the hesitation. ”Both fathers…” she murmurs with a curled lip of disgust, sickeningly picturing the Queen coupling with more than one at a time.

But then the names hit.

Disgust melts into irritation then into rage. Everything melds together and storms inside her gut. ”You are foul,” her voice is a growl, primal as her blood comes to a boil. Her hooves transition without her knowledge from hooves to talons. They knead the soil and leaf bed in frustration, holding herself back from pouncing. ”Such a Whore Queen you are. You open yourself to anything with legs, it seems!” And to imagine Sinner having been with her, curled into one being to create young Sabrina – sickening. ”How disgraceful,” she inches backwards as though offended (and truthfully, she is by all parties). ”How could my brothers ever find enjoyment in you. How could they taint our family and our bloodlines…” in reality, Mary has done nothing to the family as a whole. It’s a personal vendetta more than anything.

Raul and Velk. Their names are barbs on her tongue, bile in her mouth. And Mary?
    Everything that has bottled up inside Valdis spills out all in this one conversation, relentless and free.

”You, Whore Queen, disgust me.”

Valdis

@[Mary]

Mary
    Mary watches as a little fire is lit in her eyes, a forced congratulations passing her maw. She mentions her child with Sinner, hinting at her intentions of another child with him. Mary simply cocks her eye, Valdis may be here on Sinner's terms...but Mary was here forever, she didn't rely on Sinner to have a position. Together they ruled, together they bettered Sylva and there relationship will always be stronger than the one Valdis shares with him.

The conversation is quick to turn when Mary mentions the Cove stallions. She nearly hisses both fathers, but Mary is not embarassed from it. The prude Valdis may only have laid with Sinner, but Mary was not going to easily be claimed.

It is when she mentions Velk and Raul's name that Valdis explodes with fury. She growls at Mary, her true feelings that she has hidden all these years finally coming to the surface. She goes on to yell that Mary is a whore, opening her legs to anyone. A sentence similarly muttered by Sinner does not sting from his blue mare.

She continues her rant, this time noting her twins fathers are both her brothers. For the first time her own stomach swirls in knots, how could she have layed with this potent girls brothers? Her children share there blood....Castile's blood!

ENOUGH! She yells as she calls her a whore again. Who the hell do you think you are? You may be Sinner's pet but I am still your queen. Her tone was harsh and her ears had pinned to the dome of her head. I will not have the likes of you scolding me for bringing your neice and nephew into the world. She takes a moment to gather her composure and when she speaks again her tone is gentle once more. Disrespect me again and you will find stay in Sylva short. She moves away from the blue and white mare but not without a final note. She turns her body to face her once again. Oh, and Valdis, don't think you are the only one who is able to have Sinner's children. We share a bond that you could never come close to. Not love, because love made you do stupid things, but Valdis needn't know the details.

Long May She Reign

@[Valdis] mwahahaha

Mary yells, and Valdis’ body kindles a flame. It engulfs her, threateningly, ominously. Even as anger rolls off Mary in waves, Valdis doesn’t cower away. Her stubbornness – something her mother warned her about – refuses to shrink underneath the vehement stare of the Sylvan monarch. Her talons continue to knead the soil underneath and shred the fallen leaves.

Who the hell do you think you are, she scolds, and is immediately met by a step forward. ”Valdis, and I will never bow down to the likes of you.” A malicious snarl curls back her lips and her blue eyes flash with bold defiance. ”You are not a Queen in my eyes – merely a fool trying to play as one.” Although she doesn’t shout, her voice is slick like oil, drenched with disgust and hate. Every word, seething and sharp, hisses through her lips without regret. ”You wouldn’t have your title if not for Sinner,” somehow, she can see it – how his being and presence overshadows hers, how he perceives no one has his equal.

They are all inferior, all below him.

The fire engulfing Valdis rages for another moment longer, debating whether to utilize it further and lay harm on the woman.

But then the children come to mind, and she sneers. A breath slowly sighs from her lungs and the flames dissipate until a mere crackle on the surface of her skin – still ready, but idle. ”Mary, don’t think for a second that you can be rid of me so easily,” oddly – frighteningly – Valdis smiles. It radiates smugness and contempt, all while daring her to even try.

”News flash,” she snaps, ”senseless fucking of multiple men doesn’t mean you have a bond.” She doesn’t breach the children, doesn’t even acknowledge how easily Mary refers to them as niece and nephew. Truth be told, Valdis isn’t certain whether she will be able to ever accept them as family.

Valdis

@[Mary]

Mary
    She had said what she needed, her body was enraged but on the outside she regained her calm composure. Her gaze was barren and locked on Valdis' as she has the guts to further speak.

The blue and white mare speaks up again, this time announcing that she will never view Mary as her queen. A grin tugs at her lips and a laugh escapes her maw. Oh Valdis, I am no fool. You are the fool, staggering around here like you are special. Her grin disappeared as she spoke, You will be nothing in Sylva, that I can assure you. Her and Sinner were a team, and he has already laid with this bitch. Whatever he promised her holds no stance now, Mary would make sure of that.

She mentions Sinner's title and a fire lights in her belly again. If it had not been for Mary's father, Sinner would not be king. No, that didn't matter, how dare she even mention such a topic. Mary worked her ass off for her position, unlike Valdis who seems like her only job is to bother Mary.

Again she speaks, she doesn't know any better...this time warning Mary? Stating she won't leave so easily, going on to state that her and Sinner don't share a bond. Again a laugh escapes her maw, Don't make up excuses to make yourself feel better, you aren't around when we are together, I fill the void he has with you. She grins begrudgingly, even though she had not laid with Sinner in a while, this was all the reason to. If Valdis wanted Sinner, Mary would make sure to be a thorn in there relationship, afterall she shared the same outlook on 'love' as Sinner. I will always come before you Valdis, she lets her last words slither out, Valdis can stay around for all she'd like, but Mary is Sinner's queen, and for that she will always be important to him.

Long May She Reign

@[Valdis]

They are nearly at each other’s throats, seething with venomous words and hatred. Emotions are ablaze as truth breaches the calm surface, popping and firing like firecrackers. It would be so easy, so pleasing, to mar the Queen and destroy her in every way possible and to let the anger fuel and guide her sharpened talons.

But, they stop.
    They both stop.

An eerie calm suddenly suppresses them, shackling their ankles amid the chaotic whirlwind. They laugh, but not joyously. There is malice dripping from their voices and darkening their unyielding eyes. ”There’s space and air for only one worthless fool in Sylva, and that is already your role,” Valdis spits, holding her ground in their banter. It isn’t in her nature to back away, to submit. Even as Mary berates her and denies her of success in Sylva, Valdis doesn’t stand down. The fire in her veins only burns hotter, even as her face maintains an eerie stoicism – except for the dark gleam in her eyes – to face Mary.

”That’s a cute lie you tell yourself,” her voice hisses much like the serpents she listens to in the dark forest. Their voices, once a terror, are now a lullaby to her sleep. A step, then another, brings her closer to Mary, nearly threatening her as Valdis’ talons dig into the soft soil. ”The funny thing is, Sinner and I are nothing. Go ahead and make up a competition that doesn’t exist if that will help you sleep at night.” A half laugh slips from her. Her tone is convincing, her face never betraying her.

Sinner has unlocked many things in Valdis, but she has assumed him incapable of anything more. Beyond the embraces, she expects nothing from him nor a resolution to the bond they’ve forged. What are they, she has often questioned, but no answer ever readily presents itself. They are nothing except a means of survival, right? Despite succumbing to him, she has mentally kept him at arm’s length. It seems now that it was in her best interest.

Idly flicking her tail, Valdis tips her muzzle forward toward the trees surrounding them, in front of Mary. ”Go, Queen Whore. Go find Sinner and cry to him that little Valdis has upset you. I’m sure he will be excited to see you.” A chuckle punctuates her farewell as she melts into the darkness to find and nurture Dracarys.

Valdis

@[Mary]

I figured they would end here since they've been brought to speed and updated Big Grin