• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so the story goes; clayton
    Wander is older now.
    Perhaps even a little more haggard, though not by much. Maybe haggard isn’t even the word for it. World weary seems much more appropriate, now that she’s had a taste of the fairies’ and their quests. She had failed in the last and final leg, but each of them had done the best they could and she came out of it with flowers in her hair and a slight chip on her shoulder.

The apricot girl knew she needed a break from the happy peace that clung to the Pampas. With a glint of determination in her eyes, she knew exactly where she would go - the Cove! That’s where her older half-brother said he lived and that he basically hoped she’d come visit one day… well, she had taken it for hope. Sometimes, she just assumed things.

Even her stride became long and determined as she made the short trek from the Pampas to the Cove. So maybe it wasn’t that short of a trek after all. More like a few days’ journey, plus the river crossing and an exhilarating swim from the shores of Hyaline to the protected Cove. Wander had been wise to avoid the birthplace of the plague that has waylaid most of her family back in the Pampas. She’d have to let Clayton know that their father sent him his best but was tending to a sick and pregnant wife.

Wander helloed long and loud upon the shore as she shook the seawater from her apricot skin. She supposed her brother would find her soon enough, so she took to poking her nose into the tidepools to see what lay within. Sometimes a pinchy crab and sometimes, tiny schools of darting silvery fish. It wouldn’t be hard to find her from the amount of giggling and splashing she was doing.

@[Clayton] new thread who dis? ❤️
    He had so much thoughts to process, how was it that no matter how hard he try all the mares he has a connection with turn him down? He is left broken hearted once again, but as promised he spends a decent amount of time traveling from the cove to Hyaline to visit Kensa.

He had spent a few days in Hyaline when he decided to head back and check out the Cove. The brown and green stallion traveled quickly, the cold from the winter chill left him rather annoyed. The thought of the snowy and icy winter brings him to dreary thoughts.

Alas he reaches his home, as always a smile tugs at his lips as a bit of pride swells into his chest. His attention is caught by the sounds of giggling and his head turns, he cannot see the source so he decides to check it out.

As he grows closer the scent is surely not from the Cove, his ears lower to his dome as his pace quickens. It isn't until the much older and taller apricot mare comes into his view that his step becomes lighter. He quickly recognizes the horned mare who now has flowers intertwined in her mane.

Careful now! The crabs might get ya! He laughs as he approaches his sister who is poking her nose into tidepools. He stops at her side and gently nudges her shoulder Sorry I never visited....time got away from me. He wasn't one to break his promises, but he did get caught up in the love game. You've almost doubled in size though! He teases to his sister who is nearly an adult mare.

@[Wander] @[Leah] Ik you wanted to throw a Mandan baby Clayton's way, so if Kristins alright with it figured you could jump in ^^
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

-WANDER-

Wander knows about love but it’s the farthest thing from her mind. Making that kind of connection just isn’t of much importance to her at the moment. Besides, just looking at how mother and father are when they’re together…. eh, it’s sweet but borderline sickening. Not to say that she doesn’t have a crush on someone… she’s just never admit it. Now right now anyway. 

The apricot girl is having too much fun exploring the small pools of briny water that have collected on the shore in the tide’s absence. She paws at them from time to time with a careful hoof that moves only the water and not any of the unfortunate sea-things stuck therein. Although she has a mind to smash the crabs to pieces whenever they pinch her pasterns. Crabs were quite territorial and grouchy! 

One almost got her nose! But she jerked or back just in time before giving an indignant snort and moving on to a friendlier tide pool. One that held starfish and little scuttling shells that she couldn’t identify because she really has no prior knowledge of sea life. But she does her best to guess that they’re some kind of mussel, maybe. Onward to another!

Well, until she smelled her big brother and whirled to face him with a happy grin. “One almost got me! I almost squashed him with my hoof but figured that just wouldn’t be nice at all. Mister Crab was probably just having a bad day.” More laughter came tumbling out of her mouth as she nudged him back, acknowledging his apology but not needing one. 

“Don’t worry about it bro. You haven’t missed much and besides, I wanted to see this Cove of yours!” there’s a bit of slyness in her smile now, because she already knows - word travels fast, but she’ll give him the opportunity to tell her of his stake in ruling the very land they stand upon. Wander is almost fit to burst with pride in her big brother. He may not have love but he most certainly has made something of himself!

“Ha!” she cries as she spins away from his side and twirls around on deft little feet. “I dare say I have, but probably only in my gut!” Wander jokes easily about herself - the Pampas has excellent forage that she had taken advantage of her and eaten her weight in. She carefully bumps his shoulder, mindful not to poke a horntip into his flesh on accident. “Look at you - ever the picture of good health and handsomeness!”

Her compliment is genuine. She’s surprised there isn’t a harem of mares following him around. In due time, she supposed; he’d hardly assumed the mantle of kingship and would no doubt find himself with one or two desiring to be his consort (or more). She shook her head to stop thinking of her older brother with a girlfriend - picturing it was just gross!

“So big bro, how’ve you been since I last saw you?”
    Wander stares up at him, curious and sincere.

it feels good to be lost in the right direction

@[Clayton] @[Leah] the more the merrier! ❤️❤️❤️
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides
    She was grown now, and as adventurous as ever. He wonders if she told father about him...if father even cared that Clayton was in the Cove. But that wasn't a conversation for his little sister, and certainly not one for today.

She laughs and admits a crab almost got her but she swiftly avoided it. Clayton laughs in response, a nip from those critters would leave you in pain for days. She was innocent and he listens to her speak, pleased that she got the.childhood she deserved.

He apologi,es for not visiting, it was out of character to not follow up on his word...but time had gotten away from him, and he found himself quiet distracted. Luckily she was not upset, in fact she was excited to see the Cove.

A short attention span, she laughs again this time acknowledging his mention of her growth. She notes only in her gut and he rolls his eyes playfully, she was beautiful and he would have to keep an eye on her as the stallions will be sure to flock.

She notes Claytons looks and his cheeks grow warm from her words. He was shy and akward with females, but with trial and error he seems to have found a few companions. Ah yes...well the horns help , he laughs at the trait they share.

It seems her thoughts have faded aa she asks what he has been up to, and his eyes grew wide almost forgetting. Well! I am in training with Dawn to one day rule the Cove. Hopefully at least, he was loyal to the home he grew up in, and loves deep within his soul. Humbled to even have the opportunity,  and grateful to be paired with his childhood friend. Do you want to see more of the Cove? He asks, surely she wouldn't turn it down, an adventure she has never been on.

@[wander] @[Leah]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

be still, my soul, and steadfast; earth and heaven both are still watching

The world was kind to them in the Pampas. It was easy there: peaceful, colorful, loving. Day’s parents and all six of her full siblings lived there, amongst the flowers and the chirping birds; a small, quiet haven surrounded by the chaos brought by the plague. A chaos Day couldn’t yet fully comprehend.
    So she travels.
    It’s a long journey to the Cove, her choice of the day. She passes through several lands quickly — along the edges of Sylva, through the middle of Loess (she has no respect for borders — a diplomat she is not — though she does know not to stay too long in either kingdom). She lingers a bit in the Forest, listening to others’ conversations while munching on leaves; burrs tangling with the flowers in her mane and tail as she walks through bushes without care.
    A cough tickles her throat.
    Next is Hyaline: a friendly, beautiful territory filled with mountains and trees of all different colors. She takes her time here, swimming in their lake, taking a break to cool herself and rest before finishing today’s trek.
    The apricot girl chooses to walk the rest of the way, too tired to swim, but finally she arrives at the Cove. Another cough escapes her throat, and another after that, followed by a sneeze. Embarrassing. She hopes no one else heard her.

The first things to catch her eye are the signature horns of her family, from her father’s side (though she herself hadn’t inherited them, much to her disappointment — how fun it would be to poke things with her horns!).
    “WANDER!” She yells from afar, recognizing her slightly older sister. She was also Day’s favorite to bother. Wander and Day could almost pass for twins, if it weren’t for Day’s lack of horns — a light apricot color, like their mother, with flowers decorating their mane and tail. She doesn’t recognize the stallion next to Wander, though from his bay color and horns, she assumes they’re related. She canters towards them, energy renewed, screeching to a walk and hacking up a cough as she reaches them.
    “I’m Day!!!!” She says, excited to meet another relative. “Are you our brother? Did you say you’re going to rule this place? THAT’S AWESOME. Is Dawn your wife? Anyway, I definitely want to see more of the Cove. Wander does too. Right, Wander?”

DAY