• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sorry this fits here better (searching for a purpose); any
    Lethy dipped her head down towards the winter stricken ground. A cool breeze tossed through her mane as she searched and nibbled on the fragile growth fighting to survive till spring, her spine shivered with the cold and she blinked back the sting of the cool brisk air. As she grazed her mind wondered, it wandered to days she could barely remember. She could sense her first breath of life, she remembers the confusion of life. It pained her that aside from that moment she could not remember anything of her childhood. Not her parents. Not her herd. Not her origins. Not even of the day she lost it all. The scar on her muzzle ached deep beneath the surface. The skin healed ages ago but always makes it a point to not let her forget that she remembers nothing about how she got it. Stretching and pulling tight across her muzzle the skin momentarily burned as if a darkness lived there but was instantly relieved from another soft, cold breeze. She lifted her neck to embrace the coolness of the winter day and peered around at her surroundings.

She felt about as lost and confused as the moment she took her first breath. How did she end up here? What is she suppose to do next? These questions led to more consuming her consciousness and filling her with sadness and a loneliness that has followed her for the last year. 

As she was stooping down to go through the motions of another quest to find the best survivors of the green beneath her hooves, memories flooded her brain like the waves that stole her away and brought her to this hidden away land. She closed her eyes and let them come. 

Gia stood before her once more, a beautiful white Arabian gift from God. Gia had saved her after the attack she doesn't remember. When Lethy was on the verge of giving up after days of wondering, Gia had found her. She had looked at Lethy with her ice blue eyes and Lethy knew from that moment that she could trust her. She had taken her in and had taught Lethy her ways. 
    A small smile curled at her lips.
    Life with Gia wasn't anything special, they weren't apart of anything big, or belong to anyone worth noting but she had Gia and Gia had her. Then Gia had gotten sick, Lethy did not know what or how and did not know any way to save her. A year ago Gia had passed on leaving Lethy alone, more alone than she had ever felt.

Lethy gasped for air, realizing that she had not breathed since she fell into her past. A single tear rand down the side of her muzzle as she hung her head. But, Lethy knew that she could not let her confusion and loneliness get to her and shook her head to recenter herself, I mean that's how she got here in the first place wasn't it. 

Lethy jerked her head up and cocked her ears towards the trees lining the field...
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

How does she always end up here in the winter? The world is cold and grey and ugly. It is a great deal like the day she first arrived in Beqanna. Maybe it is in remembrance of that anniversary that she wanders down to the field on this particular morning instead of spending it with her dear ones in her beautiful alpine home. A home that she loves so completely that it is a wonder she bothers to leave it at all. Even though she is  a Primarch of Hyaline, she is still a wandering adventure, who often goes ranging over the continent. Even during her least favorite season. Once again it is windy in the common lands, and the air burns her pale muzzle as she comes to the edge of the forest’s shelter.

It is a matter of luck that she has come out of the trees within sight of an unfamiliar buckskin mare. Kensa pulls up short in surprise just as the mare looks sharply in her direction, alert to her sudden appearance. Of course, gregarious Kensa is quick with a smile and she slips out of the trees on long white legs without hesitation. She is heavy with child, barrel a little wider than she can ever get used to and she feels as though she is squeezing out of the brush like some much larger and rounder creature. The gold that veins the borders of her markings gleams dully as she walks nearer, her greeting coming out in a fog of warm air.

“Hello. I’m Kensa… are you alright?” The question is asked gently, her topaz eyes are soft but polite. She does not have to have an answer, but realizes she should probably say so, turning her ears back abashed. “I’m sorry, its none of my business. Have you been here long?” Kensa reaches out in greeting, her gold and chestnut freckled face concerned but kind, and certainly curious.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Izora_Lethia]
    Lethy watched in curiosity and a little hesitation as a beautiful mare stepped out of the tree line, she looked friendly enough. Lethy kept her eyes on her as she closed the gap between them. The sun glistened off of the gold spackling her body.
    Lethys eyes lingered at the mares swollen barrel and her demeanor relaxed and a small smile crept to her face, though she still found the mare somewhat odd. They did not have markings like these from where she came. Lethy cocked her head with curiosity as the mare spoke "Kensa, that's a very pretty name. My name is Izora Lethia but you can call me Lethy" Lethy pondered for a second whether she should bother the mare with details about what the mare may or may not have seen, she decided to keep things simple. After all she knew no one and nothing of this land. "I'm okay.. I think. Just a little lost and confused. I am not from here. I was brought here by the sea, everything here" she said hesitantly looking around at her surroundings "seems very different yet strangely similar to what I am used to" she gave the mare a small smile and dropped her head a bit taking in the mare, her swollen form, and the gold that dappled her like sunshine  "take yourself for instance I've never seen another like you before.."
    Lethy

Kenza
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

“Happy to meet you, Lethy.”
    Sometimes when others came here, they came from places like Beqanna, they knew about magic and strange abilities and the way a land and its god-creatures could change you. Kensa, like Lethy, had not known. So there is a an understanding that edges in alongside the worry in her features as the buckskin mare speaks. Lost, and confused, perhaps not quite happy or ready to have arrived in this strange new place. Kensa, who had wanted to come to Beqanna (had simply wished it, and arrived one day without knowing how) has encountered those every now and then who are sad or frightened to find themselves on this continent. She hopes she can be a good first meeting for them, a chance to see that whatever this place is there are those who welcome them without inhibition.

The sabino’s smile does not dampen shyly when Lethy says she’s never seen anyone like Kensa, for she is accustomed to her appearance drawing attention. She could laugh and say that there are much stranger markings and beings here than she, but she does not want to unnerve Lethy, and yet Kensa does not like to withhold information. “I found it different as well, when I came. I was not born here, and when I arrived as a girl I did not look as I do now.”

The Kensa who appeared in Beqanna at just barely three years of age had been an ordinary liver chestnut girl with tall white stockings and a wide blaze. Plain but joyful, eager to find her place her and explore this strange new land. Maybe this mare is more reserved than she is, but the Primarch hopes she will find a love for her new world as well. “I was a bit leaner too.” She says with another more amused smile, having noted the way the other’s aubergine eyes had passed over her rounded sides, her unborn child sleeping snugly albeit uncomfortably within her. “I’m from a place called Hyaline. In the mountains.” She adds as an afterthought.

kensa

@[Izora_Lethia]
    Lethy watched the mare with interest, as she explained that she hadn't always looked as she does now. Her eyes traveled once again over the mares gold markings giving a small huff and a slight shake of her head as she tried to comprehend the possibility of your whole physical appearance changing in the blink of an eye or even over night! Lethy gave a broad smile at the thought of all the possibilities this new land could offer. Isn't this what she was looking for on that night of the storm that brought her here.

Lethy chuckled as the mare referenced her growing sides and her home "Hyaline.... sounds... enchanting. What is it like? What are the others like in this land? How many different places are there to travel to?" Lethy's ears perked with excitement as she thought of all the adventures she could have and all the opportunities to find purpose in this new place.

She wondered if this mare could be a friend and was glad that she had been her first real encounter here. Meeting her eased her worry of meeting others. A feeling came over Lethy that she hadn't experienced in her old world, she wanted to go out into the world to see new things and have adventures? She couldn't put a word to this feeling but her skin was buzzing with new energy and she could feel the tension of all past doubt leave her... even the deep low pulsing in her scar across her muzzle seemed to ebb.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Lethy simply smiled. A smile of pure happiness and nothing else as she waited for the Sabino to tell her about her homelands.
    Lethy

@[Kensa]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

“Happy to meet you, Lethy.”
    The younger mare's happiness is infectious and Kensa’s smile widens. The is something particularly enjoyable about sharing the things you love with a friend and Kensa is eager to be both a friend to Lethy and further introduce her to Beqanna. In the distance Hyaline’s peaks are white beacons against the sky, perhaps not so welcoming in this cold season but she loves the sight of them all the same. “It is mountainous of course, but we live mostly in the valley beside the lake. The lake is vast, clear, and deep. It’s truly a beautiful place and serves as a peaceful and protected sanctuary.” She glances back towards home happily before her gaze roams along other horizons.

“There are many places to see. Each of the four kingdoms includes three lands inhabited by a variety of horses, some like you or I and others who have abilities you cannot even imagine, or who can change their shape into creatures both mundane and fantastic.” She thinks of the man she loves who can take the shape of a white lion...Or the father of her child, whose true form is that of a dangerous and carnivorous sea beast. “If you would like to, you are welcome to come with me back to Hyaline. It is a good place to start.” Both safe and welcoming to someone just learning their way around the wonders and dangers of Beqanna.

kensa

@[Izora_Lethia]
    Lethy opened her ears, her eyes and her heart as the Sabino talked about the lake that she lives near and the mountains that spread across the land. Her eyes scoured the horizon as possibilities took hold of her and enveloped her in warmth. The mountains took her breath away with their beauty, one day she would visit those mountains.
    "If you would like to, you are welcome to come with me back to Hyaline. It is a good place to start.” the mare offered.
    Here is where Lethy would make the first big decision in her new life. Lethy slowly nodded her head and brought her full attention back to Kensa. 
    "I would really like that. I would like to explore the lands between here and there though to get familiar with the terrain and others like you and I and those that are different. Tell me which direction to travel to Hyaline and I promise to meet you there in a few days time and tell you of all the wonders I encounter. Lethy said with a warm smile on her face hoping the mare would understand Lethy's need to make some experiences between here and there. 
    Lethy had made a friend and that was all the encouragement she needed to get her feet under her and to live. Now she would have someone and somewhere to travel towards.    
    Lethy

@[Kensa]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

“Of course! There is a great deal to see.” Kensa knows this as well as anyone, as she has spent a great deal of time roaming far and wide throughout Beqanna… though in that moment she realizes that she has been doing this less as of late and an intractable sadness pulls at the corner of her mouth though she quickly shakes it away before it becomes noticeable. She was still free to see the world as she liked, was she not? Perhaps not, but it may be that is the way of things for the Primarch of the East.

The sabino mare shifts so that she is standing side-by-side with Lethy, their points of view will be aligned. Then she gestures in the direction of home and gives the simplest directions for reaching the lake in the heart of the mountains. “There to the north you will find a river running passed a very tall and forbidding mountain. Follow the river north and you will arrive right in the middle of Hyaline in now time at all.” Then with a bob of her head she herself alights in that direction, looking back to call her farewells. “Enjoy yourself Lethy, I look forward to meeting you again in Hyaline!”

kensa

@[Izora_Lethia] Thought I would do a reply to close this Smile <3