• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The sweet taste of forgotten blood; Godbear
    Caelestra

The carnivore does not usually visit the river, more inclined to hunting in the meadow or lurking in the forest, waiting for something to walk into her jaws.
    The female bear was usually not really interested in exploration, preferring the comfort of settling down somewhere and staying there. But today the bear felt drawn to the river, perhaps her desire to quench her thirst calling her away from her travels.
    The mother remains cautious as she pokes her head through the foliage, her cumbersome body emerging once she felt it was safe enough to do so. The sound of trickling water was comforting as she pivoted her ears, a peaceful and uninterrupted flow of music that streamed downhill.

The carnivore looks around the expanse once more, checking to see if it was still safe. Once she deemed that is was alright her body was able to transform back into her equine form, something she wasn't quite fond of doing but would have to learn to live with. The mare was a lot more comfortable as a bear but it was something that was more of a deterrent rather than a welcoming sight. 

Caelestra breathes in deeply as she lowers her coal-black body toward the water, her muzzle dipping gently into the cool liquid as she begins to drink, a satisfying feeling passing through her body as she lifts her weight, her stature still cautious as she looks around. 

@[GODBEAR] Here's a qiuck messy starter
    the ancient heavenly connection to the
    starry dynamo in the machinery of night
    Godbear

Godbear was mostly a ghost -a straying creature that did not quite have a place or position in life. He was, by most standards, a loner - befriending just one person in his life (Oh Nera, how he missed her so!). And even that had been (what felt like) eons ago. Before. Before his father had so callously plucked him from the earth and thrown him to the skies once again; to stay frozen in time up in the cosmos. Why his father continually did this, Godbear did not know. Perhaps it was just the callousness in his heart, maybe it was his intent to keep Godbear safe and eternal in life, or perhaps it was simply boredom.
    But now, Godbear was free once more. Shot from the stars, back on Beqanna’s soil, ready to begin his life anew (again). Of course, it is so very hard to start any kind of life when it is so easily taken from you, so his trepidation is high when it comes to meeting any new soul - to forging any new bond - to finding any new home. Instead, he roams - flighty and timid, unused to equine interaction and a place so solidly away from the stars. Today, that place is the river - a cool respite from the waning heat of summer.
    He quietly waits in the shady umbrella of the trees dotting near the river; never quite approaching, but not tucked away far enough from the calm murmurs of equine sipping their fill. It is there, from his shaded seclusion, that his eye catches the bright winking flecks on a night-dark body. That smattering of stars, oblong and branching out - the call of the ursus. Godbear inhales sharply - he knows that marking - he knows because his father seared it into his skin, a dark and shattering memory from none too long ago, the pain still so vividly felt.
    Without thinking, he starts from the shady underbrush, intent and determined towards her. How? Why? What had she done to his father to riddle her skin with this mark too? “When?” Though his determination was mighty, his voice is soft and probing - a gentle question for fear of bringing back a poor memory. “When did he do that to you too?” His good eye flicks to her left side - ironic, almost, in how it marked her left, the only side that was of good use to Godbear.

@[Caelestra]
    Caelestra

The sudden voice of another startles the mare, her head flying toward the direction that it came from, a growl ready to ignite in her lungs as her body swings to face the stranger, her expression quite blank as she stands stiffly, her stature ready to change into her bear form and flee.
    Instead, the mare stands her ground and allows herself to loosen up when she realises the equine does not pose a threat "Pardon?" she questions toward his question, a rather weird greeting if that was what the male was going for.

Caelestra settles down, a hushed demeanour now flooding across her posture. She tilts her head for a moment as she looks toward the male, she can't help but notice the markings that decorate him, almost the same image printed on her side, she shifts her weight comfortably as she refocuses her attention on him "Well it is nice to meet you I guess, quite an entrance" she manages to smile as her dulcet tone enters the quiet stage "I am Caelestra" he introduces herself, her expression still slightly surprised at the male's sudden entrance.

Caelestra was quite keen on meeting others, a solitary life was rather uninteresting, much too bothersome in many ways.
    Her attention gently returns to the male's markings, her eyes unable to move from them, perhaps it was what the male had been inquiring about.

@[GODBEAR]
    [Image: YDKFjJC]
    the ancient heavenly connection to the
    starry dynamo in the machinery of night
    Godbear

She moves - sudden and quick and with surprising ease - and Godbear sidesteps rapidly, hardly prepared for the movement. A life of being blindsided will do that to you - create reactions that are ever defensive, always ready to flee (though even that, he does not excel at). Just as easily, she shifts into a steady calmness - as quickly as the tide turns, a kinder demeanor spreads across her face. No longer is there a tense bracket between the two, bt instead the ability for a soft conversation.
    Godbear was never good at conversation (the lack of close relationships in life will do that to a person) - he never quite knew where to start, how to say hello ; his curiosity and cowed demeanor always won over, forever locked in a state of uncomfortable unease, uncertain how to create a connection. It seems though, that this mercurial mare before him had no problem in navigating a smooth transition of conversation.
    Caelestra - she has a name, and a kindly smile across her features, no more sharp movements and warning face. And she expects one back. “G-Godbear. I’m Godbear.” He stammers out, his voice weaved with apology for a lack of introduction. “I meant - I mean- your mark. Did my father find you too?” For all his age (eons and ages he has spent in that night sky), he speaks nearly like a child; a timid young man unsure of where to go.
    He moves his body towards her, showing his hide more clearly - the constellation of ursa major painted across his flank. “He marked me. And you have it, too.”

@[Caelestra]
    Caelestra

Godbear. An interesting name that she hadn't really heard before, was the male part god? maybe a bear like her? "Godbear huh?" she smiles, taking a step toward him "I like it, are you a bear yourself? maybe part god" she asks with a gentle laugh, her head tilted in a humorous manner as she grins, her head returning into position as he begins speaking, this time speaking of the mark.
    A more serious expression now decorates the mare's muzzle as she listens to him "Your father?" the tilt in her head returns as she questions him in an inquisitive manner.

He continues about the markings, displaying them to her. Cael moves closer to take a look at them, they were exactly what she had except she knew nothing about them.
    Her inquisitive brain drives her forward now, her body moving gently toward him "He marked you? That sounds quite awful" she looks at him with a rather worried expression "I know nothing about my mark, I have awoken from a deep hibernation in my bear form. I woke up with little to no memories of my past, practically nothing" her confidence seems to diminish as she speaks, she could hardly even remember her small bear cub when she woke up, a hungry beast with the lust for flesh, tearing through anything that stood in her way.
    She looks toward her left side, staring blankly at her markings "Sorry, I'm probably not helping your curiosity, I don't know much" she nods, looking away toward the water for a moment.

The male draws her back in though, he seemed quite mysterious, waiting to be unravelled "What brings you here anyway?" she asks with a smile, turning to her as her eyes focus on his.

@[GODBEAR]