• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Brigade]
    The bay splash had yet to try his trait in front of others since the unappreciated glances in Ischia. However, he would like to test his limits in a new place. Juice also remains curious what effect the summer heat may have. Sensing he is alone, the young equine comes to a halt in the middle of the trail. Glossy black orbs take one last look around to ensure he is alone. Once satisfied that he is, in fact by himself, Juice wills the transition.

The sensation is painless and effortless, a side effect of the magic, no doubt. It almost feels as though every cavity - from capillaries to organs - breaks down its walls. The components within breakdown, as well, into a clear-as-water liquid. Once he has left his solid state, Juice loses all sense of space and direction. He does not feel the gravity drop out from under him even though he falls back to the earth into a single puddle. He can still feel the summer breeze against his surface though it feels as though his hide has lost all fur. His liquid body stays together despite divets where water might collect. The consistency of his liquid state is fluid like water and yet, more viscous (think of hair gel).

Here Juice lies. A puddle in the middle of a Forest path, curious to know what someone might do if they stumbled upon him or, throughas him! The pad of hooves over the bed of pine needles reaches the liquified equine, despite his lack of ears. He remains as still as possible while awaiting impact, curious if he would feel it at all.

@[brigade], words as promised. I didn't want to interrupt your 'any' thread so, I made a new one. Basically, Juice is a puddle haphazardly in the middle of the path. Have fun!

oh, this my weapon, this my loam. this my blood, this my bone.

The forest is not home and yet there are pieces of it that call to him constantly.

He feels more like himself amongst the trees—more of his true self. He loved the wildness of Tephra and the heat and the volcano, but it wasn’t the home of his heart. He was made for the cool nights, even in the middle of summer. He was made for that faint chill of a wolf’s howl, the shadows, the muffled sound of his hooves against the needles and the leaves. And so he sneaks away from home to the forest, often.

More often than his parents would appreciate, he is sure.

But they would not be surprised that their son has turned into such a wild, untamable thing. They would not be surprised that his wolf guardians have made him rough around the edge, a feral thing always on the edge of a good fight—his grey eyes somber until they are cold and cutting, his features carved of stone.

For now, he is relaxed. He thinks he is alone, and he feels free because of it, the knot in his chest loosening. The only time he can feel like this is when he is running alongside Wonder, but she is off having her own adventures, and he is glad of it. Glad that she doesn’t need him—glad that she is steel and strength beneath the velvet of her. Glad that she has had adventures that lead her to her horizons.

It is these thoughts that occupy him as he moves through the forest, his step loose and fluid. It is these thoughts that keep him from thinking too hard on the out of season puddle in his path.

Until he splashes through it and he feels the consistency—something unnatural and thick.

He snorts, leaping forward and then spinning on his hocks, nostrils flaring as he glares down at it.

@[Juice]