• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Then I meant it; TITUS

She wouldn’t have changed anything the last time that they had met, even if she had known she was pregnant. Sure, perhaps she should have been more careful, more cautious of the life still so small and tiny inside her but she also would have wanted that little spirit, that tiny cluster of barely there life to feel what it was like to be reckless and laugh, and all the joy that followed in the days to come. 

She hadn’t forgotten him, but she had gotten a little carried away with herself. She had followed Ashhal, stalked him really. Made him aware that she wasn’t going to just be one of those girls that he got away with just banging and leaving. They had created a baby together, one that was currently following her with wide eyes as he looked here and there as they walked towards Loess. 

Anyways, so she lost her head, followed Ashhal around like a lost puppy, wanting to love him and get love in return like she had seen between her parents. There had been a moment, when she was pushing through contractions that she had realized that he was not what she wanted. Sure, she was fond of him, enjoyed teasing him. Hell, even enjoyed what he had given her, the knowledge, the passion. Their baby. But he was not hers. He would never be anyone’s.

So she would keep looking for that one that made her heart go pitter patter in her chest. That she wanted to spend the rest of her very long life with. Until she finds that one, she decides that she is going to visit Titus. She remembered how he smelt. The brief smell of saltwater and mountains. So she wandered until she found the same smell, or something very similar to it. “Come on Taron, let’s see if mommy’s friend is home shall we?” At his small nod, a brief tucking of himself against her side he starts to wander away from her again. She keeps him in sight. Her lips parting in a call towards Titus. 

graeme
    titus
    one day it's here and then it's gone,
    how are you still holding on?
    The changes of Beqanna have kept him within the shadows. Beqanna had been struck with an epidemic plague that hurdled anyone with sickness that got into its way. Loess had received new rulers. First there was Vulgaris, now there was this new dragon-king called Castile.

With these deviations, Titus has lost himself in all of it.

He no longer stands tall and proud as he had when he had been announced the Head of War by the late wolf-king, Wolfbane. Just as he had been forgotten when he was a child, so has he now. There was no one that came looking for him. Even his loyalty had not been noticed when Vulgaris took to the stand. A mad-king who should have not been given the throne for the way he steps up and brought threats to his home.

But he carries little right now for anything.

Titus finds himself easily sulking back into the depression he once had stepped out of. The days grow long, but he does not mind the continuous cycle of every day being alone and doing nothing. Perhaps it was meant for him to live his life this way. Maybe there was no purpose for him after all, and he was only meant to be alone his entire life.

Then again, the winged muddy stallion has always been wrong in that way. There was more for him outside of these walls. Outside of Loess there were others that cared for him. He easily forgets his family and friends, thinking often they are better off without him.

His ear flickers, breaking his silent prison of dark thoughts, as a soft and familiar call in the distance rings in his eardrums. Titus turns his gaze, flickering across the Loess kingdom, until it lands on a familiar dark winged form coming his way. There is a tinier shadow closer, moving his way as well.

A warm smile suddenly fills his brown and white lips. It reaches quickly to the corner of his mouth as he turns and makes his way hesitantly towards the two that come his way. “Graeme?” He calls out in the distance. Was it really her? It had been so long since he had seen his friend from the meadow.

When he gets closer to the duo coming from the border, he catches the small figure to be a small colt. He smiles more to see a child—new life and something Graeme surprised him to have. “It’s so good to see you!” He confesses as he greets her. “And you even brought me a surprise!” He says as he glances to the small colt with a grin before returning his gaze back to Graeme as he settles in front of them.
    son of rome and porcia
    male, classic champagne appaloosa
    ocelot-shifting, wings, immortality
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Graeme]

Ah, yes. That damn plague. She had almost managed to forget about it. She had been worried once she had found out she was pregnant about the baby and keeping it safe against the seemingly thick fog of sickness that had been rolled out across the lands. So far, so good, but she had seen so many sick from afar. So many. Each in varying stages of it. Some so sick they could not stand. Others with nothing more than a cough. Either way, she was doing her best to keep them both safe now.

So she was only slightly different than the last time they had frolicked like two foals in the meadow. Her black coat, once just glossy with health was now glittery as well. She absolutely adored it and Taron would spend time staring at it when she moved now and again. They were simple creatures her and her son. She was teaching him to stop and make time, to listen, to look, to see what was going on in the world around them.

And to make important connections to people. To make them laugh. To make them smile. To show them joy.

Her heart sings with happiness at the smile on his face as he comes closer, calling her name. Too long ago he would have scowled at her darkly. The happiness absolutely bubbles up in her chest, until she too is smiling, a large wide happy smile. “Hello Titus.” She says almost shyly, a long look at the beautiful boy next to her. “Indeed. He’s brought me so many things I thought I would share.” She grins, lips tugging on his fuzz, laughing a bit as he shakes his head and dances away.

Her dark eyes turn away from her boy, to land upon Titus. She ruffles her wings just a little as she shifts her weight, one hind leg cocking up. “How have you been my friend?” She stretches her lips out to tug lightly and briefly on his forelock. “I have missed your once scowling face.” She says with a small laugh, teasing him.

graeme
    titus
    Graeme brings all happy thoughts to him. She had been the first person to really turn around his attitude about the world and bring a smile to his face easily. Titus was only reminded about the good things in life when it came from her. The simple things, such as enjoying themselves like wild children again no matter how old you are. It was one of the first times he had felt not obligated to hold it all in and to forget the worries of his life.

It seemed he needed that reminder again.

The visit today is a complete surprise to the muddy stallion. While Graeme had been often living her life with happiness, he had been sulking around doing nothing but feeling sorry for himself. Titus had personally never wanted to return to this state of mind, but it seemed it was something he simply did naturally.

His friend’s smile lights up the grey storm that had been hanging over his head for some time. She was absolutely a ray of sunshine to anyone’s day. Anyone would be lucky to have Graeme as a friend!

Titus smiles and laughs freely when she speaks about her son. “I am indeed quite lucky then!” He says watching as the young colt shakes his head and dances away. It reminds him of his own parents. Their love and affection had been overwhelming. Titus is sure the boy feels the same way now as Graeme shows him love and affection.

Graeme then asks about how he is doing, reaching out to tug on his forelock. “Already in my personal space, huh?” He says with a teasing tone as his nutmeg eyes light up with humor and happiness. It was as if nothing had changed since they departed from the meadow that day.

“I’ve been alright,” he says, not afraid to show his discontent truly about lately. “I still wear that that same face. That surely hasn’t changed!” Nothing truly changed that much it felt like, but truthfully a lot has for Titus. “Things just haven’t been the same lately here that’s all. A lot has changed for me recently.” He tosses his shoulder, not caring to really speak about how he feels. But with Graeme he had become an open book to her.
    son of rome and porcia

@[Graeme]

“Oh sure, I didn’t change that much.” She says on a laugh, tugging on his forelock again just because. But when his words change she can feel the subtle difference in them, in the way that his voice loses that timbre of happiness. Something was bothering him, something she may have to pry out of him. A look towards her son. “You can explore Taron, just stay close enough to call if you need me ok?” He turns to look at her over his shoulder and then just nods. They did this often enough that she wasn’t worried.

So when his smaller form is farther away, she turns back to him. “Spill it Titus.” A small smile curling her lips. “I’ll tell you my woes if you tell me yours.” Realistically, she had taken hers in stride, but she could tell his was bothering him. Perhaps it always would, but she would be his sunshine for as long as he needed her.

“Taron’s father was my first. Alas, he was a bang em and leave em type of guy, even if I tried to make it more. I didn’t want him to forget me, to be another in a long string of mares he’s had sex with.” She is surprised to feel herself feel a pang of regret for the loss of her innocence, of her naivety, of a piece of her child-like self. She is quiet, her stare turns inwards. A shake of her head is what brings her back, her eyes focusing back upon him, a small smile curling her lips. “I’ve matured some since then. The experiences have made me a bit more...wary?” A small roll of her shoulders in a shrug. “But I will still take you flying any day.” A small laugh, a secret experience shared between the two of them so long ago it seems.

“Now tell me. Let me help you see the better side of it.” Another tug on his mane, her body settling comfortably in his space. And that hadn’t changed. She was still touchy, still invading personal spaces.

graeme

@[Titus] I suck. I'm sorry it's been so long!
    titus
    Graeme doesn’t turn away from his teasing tone. She always was one to give it right back without care. It was something he really had grown to like about her. So, when she tugs at his forelock again, he gives her a soft snort of teasing annoyance. There is a smile on the edge of his lips not denying she hasn’t changed much since they last seen each other.

He never hides anything from the black pegasus mare. Somehow, despite all the times he hid his thoughts and feelings from the world, she always knew what he was thinking and feeling without saying a word. And she always had a good argument as to why he should tell her what was bothering him.

But he cannot say no to her after all those times he had opened up to her. Titus found a sense of peace and light in the dark tunnel he followed before Graeme. Yet, he falls back into that slump easily when his ray of sunshine was not around to remind him of those silver linings on his rainy days.

When Graeme sends Taron to go off and play, she is quick to draw to the point. Her seriousness is never without a caring smile though. Titus rolls his eyes, but when she mentions telling him about her woes, he cannot help but give his entire attention to her. His ears perk forward, listening to her entire story carefully.

Titus instantly didn’t like the guy already. Someone like Graeme deserved the world. He believed she needed to have someone that would always love and care for her. Simply Taron’s father was not that guy, and he was glad to hear that she was not caught up in still. But he does not miss the part where she feels regret when sharing the recent events of her life.

He takes a step forward, enclosing the space between them even more. Extending his muzzle out, he brushes his tenderly on her black neck. “I’m sorry Graeme,” his voice is soft, filled with regret and pain. Titus feels for Graeme, hearing something terrible happen to the only person who pulled him out of a dark rut hurts him more than anything. But Graeme still has not lost her sunshine, she finds the silver lining in her cloudy day.

The muddy stallion laughs softly in her response to offering to take him flying. “I would like one day to do that again.” It seemed so long ago when the two had spent their day together flying. One of the best days it has been for him. Titus would never forget it.

Another tug of his mane, and Graeme pushes her recent woes away. She asks him about his. He falls silent for a moment for two, looking for the words to say. “I don’t feel like I have a purpose anymore in life, Graeme. Ever since Wolfbane left the throne it has been nothing.” He can feel the stir of the frustration igniting within his chest. It burns with anger and annoyance. “Wolfbane had given me a position to be Head of War. For the first time I felt like I had been important. I had something to do in my life.”

But it soon faded away like everything else.

“And then they forgot about me. Just like my family did when I was brought here. Just like when that mare that took Venus and me, kept us a prisoner here.” He glances to Graeme, his eyes filling with water, but he holds the tears back. Titus would not cry. He has never been one to let the tears fall. There would never be a time for him to lose his strength, but the thread was breaking and eventually it would snap. “Will I always be forgotten or push aside so easily?” He asks, staring at Grame, looking so lost as he searches for any answers in her own eyes.

Titus sighs softly.
    son of rome and porcia

@[Graeme]

“Och, don’t be sorry.” She snorts. “Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to not giving them the power over the rest of your life.” She says, his lips touching her neck with a small jolt and she can only blink at him a moment as she stills. She had felt this before, felt it before when Ashhal had wanted her, when he had made her feel like the world and the nothing. But it wasn’t lust that he touched her with, it was only caring, only…. Nope. She wasn’t going to put that word into anyone’s mouth again.

She smiles at him though, because she does care for him, and when he laughs, her day is better. She listens when he talks, talking in his problems, his worries and she touches his cheek gently with her lips. And then she steps closer, pressing her chest against his own and hugging him close. “I won’t forget you. Ever. Life may busy but I will always be here for you Titus.” She says the words against his skin, her eyes closed briefly as she holds back her own heartache for him.

She holds him for a long moment before she pulls away.

“I know it’s tough and hard to have to start all over. But maybe that is what you will have to do here. I know you are strong, perhaps a little stormy sometimes (a quirk of her lips and a teasing twinkle in her eyes) but that’s nothing. Unfortunately when there is a change in leadership, a change in ranks is also a thing that happens.” She sighs, looking behind him briefly at his home. “But perhaps I can stay here and help you? Somehow.” She says with a small snort. She was not much for fighting, but this place was as good as any with raising her boy and she could still be here for Titus. “Would that be better? I could stay here and take you flying whenever you need to relax.” A cheeky grin lights up her face this time when her dark brown eyes meet his own.

graeme

@[Titus]
    titus
    Even after all she had been through, Titus was surprised to hear what she said. There was truth in her words. He would never deny that the things Graeme should always were reality of it.

He did not have to let others have power to control him. Not that it had been personal, or anything against him either. It just had been that way. Change was inevitable. And he had not truly welcomed the drastic change in his life ever really.

Graeme made it easier for him to unravel his current torments. The issues that pulled him in all directions. The uncontrollable emotions and failure to make any decisions to what to do. She listened to every bit of it. Not just because she had to, but because she wanted to.

He appreciated every bit of it. Every moment she gave to him was special to him. No matter what.

Suddenly, she touches his cheek. Her lips are warm against his muddy brown and white patched skin. She steps closer, and he naturally pulls into her, hugging her back. Her words were sincere. Every one of them poured into his heart, and he quickly closed it. Locked them there so he could remember them forever. When he would need them most, he would remember them.

“Thank you, Graeme,” he whispers softly as she pulls away from him. “I don’t know what I would do without you,” he says softly. Titus gleams with happiness in that brief moment as he looks at her with a smile. He chuckles softly. There was never hiding his happiness around the black winged mare.

His ears flick forward as she continues to speak. There was nothing he could do about the change. Starting over again seemed pointless at first, but perhaps there was hope. Perhaps he could start over. If she believed in him, why couldn’t he believe in himself? It couldn’t be so hard.

“Stay here?” He says suddenly as his nutmeg eyes widen with surprise. He couldn’t believe what he heard. As much as anything, he expected Graeme to go off and live her life raising her son soon after she was done visiting him. “I mean-“ He pauses, as his lips curl into the biggest smile ever. “I couldn’t say no to you not staying here.” He laughs with excitement. “If that really is what you want. Don’t just do it for me. You need to have your own life and happiness too,” he adds glancing briefly to her son who is off in the distance and then back to her. “Your happiness is important to me as well, Graeme.”
    son of rome and porcia

@[Graeme]