• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  Risk it all, 'cause I'll catch you if you fall - Council Meeting
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    There's changes all around, and after a year and a season (or two? isn't it nearly summer?) it is high time they started spreading word of their... existence. The individual members of the council all had something to offer that he doesn't... but it's clear to him that their patience and willingness to think over things, can also cause a slowness that currently, they don't need. The startup of this island is crucial for it's future, and it had been a rough start indeed. But now that things had been settled, even if it was a temporary solution, they could be one example of things running smoothly in the northern parts of the Beqannan world.

It wasn't like he could be held responsible for everything, but with Breckin pregnant twice, and the messy not-so-diplomatic meetings he's attended since; with people asking about relations... it's time they do the same.

He calls them softly, one by one. No need for the other half of the population to become upset by being excluded - after this, he'll address them all in one go. Call for volunteers, as it were.

But to tell anyone of the council, the council first has to know who else is in it, right?

Right.

First things first!
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesper] @[Camomila] @[Ardashir]
    Whoooo it's a council meeting. Please introduce yourselves to the others if you don't know them yet or only met in passing. Perhaps you have some ideas of how to proceed to make Icicle Isle the best place to live ever? xD
    I'll be sure to put up a small kingdom announcement or meeting after this where people can sign up for diplomatic trips, too.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Spring had little effect on the Isle. While Jesper could hear the twitter of birds, across the water, on the mainland, the air felt just as bitter. However, the black could feel summer. Well, the far North's version of summer. The air seems mild and, any precipitation falls as water droplets versus frozen crystals. The ground has thawed enough that his hooves stand upon a carpet of lush green.

With this warmer season, Jesper chooses to move about the island in his equine form. He spends much of his time on the southern tip where he greedily crops the precious grasses, nibble by nibble. They are sweet and tender. And, everyone on the Isle knew this is the place to forage. Bronze-tipped ears catch Leilan's summons and, with one last nibble, the black lifts his poll and marches towards their Ice Prince. His tone did not reflect an urgency though, Jesper engages his haunches to push into a light trot. His two-beat gait covers ground well-enough because he is the first to join the silvery brown stallion. Ebony male dips his head in a show of respect before he steps, lightly, into a halt.

He waits patiently as the other two arrive. Jesper offers a smile to both though, his aquamarine gaze is slightly softer when they meet the mint green mare's lighter blue eyes. He did volunteer as her champion, after all. The opal steed he knew nothing of. Well, to be honest, he did not really know the mare. He glances briefly to the baroque-type roan before he realizes that these other two must be members of the council! He bobs his poll excitedly before he takes the lead with introductions. "Greetings fellow council members. My name is Jesper. I travelled to Icicle Isle from Ischia when the plague hit. As a sworn Brother, I have strong ties - both political and personal - to Nerine. I suppose you should also know that I am an animal-shifter so, if you see a whitish-gray fox with bronze-tipped ears and bright blue eyes, that is me."

He pauses for a moment to organize his thoughts and, to get a sense for how the other two are receiving him. Bronze-tipped ears flick as a gentle breeze tickles the tufts sticking out. He listens carefully as the other two introduce themselves. He takes particular interest in Camomila though he is careful not to reveal his interest, outwardly. When silence falls between them, Jesper pipes up again. "I would like to suggest that, keeping in mind our limitations, we should not exhaust ourselves trying to recruit numbers. We cannot feed them and, we don't need a vast army at our expense. I like to think of us as an extension of Nerine. We will rise to their aid in every way we can. We will be loyal to our mother kingdom. And, we expect the same aid and loyalty from her."

He nods for emphasis and then, continues. "Of course, if one chooses to live here, I see no reason to deny them so long as they do not threaten our harmony. As for political affiliations, I would suggest we behave as neutral as possible. It is not as though we have anything to prove and, we need not stir up trouble. Although, when it comes to the East, I would be happy to lend myself in any way necessary to help Kagerus and Solace. Lastly, with regards to diplomatic visits, I would suggest only visiting the kingdoms in each sector. Each kingdom may pass along our message to their affiliated lands." At last, Jesper quiets. He shifts his weight off of his left hind to signal the conclusion of his thoughts. Now, the black waits patiently to hear what Camomila and Ardashir bring to the table for their little floating iceberg of a home.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Leilan]
    @[Camomila]
    @[Ardashir]
    Ardashir

The call came on the wind softly. The warmer season of summer had come and crept its way onto the isle. The caribou had shed their winter coat and the large stallion was no exception to shed as well. The isle was still new to large stag and the summer here was mild so far not sweltering but, also not to uncomfortably cold. This new home was something to get used to and so far the learning curb was not too steep. The meeting place was already populated by a dark hued stallion with a white sock, and a star marking on his forehead. Ardashir could not be sure he knew his name. The white opal stag was bad at names. The other unknown to him was a mint colored mare. His ears flicked a couple times and he bowed his horned head to the two of them.

The dark hued stud started the introductions and Ardashir listened closely. He turned his head to the side a moment at the mention of animal shifting. The magics of the world were so strange and seemed to drop some interesting blessings. There was a moment of pause and Ardashir took the opportunity to take his turn, “ I am Ardashir..seemingly horned stallion now.. I hail from our mother kingdom of Nerine. My ties to Nerine lie in the caste of war and I stood as her champion for a time. I came to the isle at the request of Breckin our former queen, and of course our Ice prince.” He made a gesture with his head to Leilan. “ The only magic I know of that is tied to me is the horns on my head.” The white stag hopped that was a good enough current history of himself.

Jesper was the first to offer up his thoughts on what to lay out in the next year and maybe the year after that. Ard had to admit it sounded like the bronze tipped stallion had covered almost everything. The stag was a bit lost for his own words. He rolled his tongue around in his mouth some and then started to speak in that deep silver toned voice, “ I honestly think Jesper covered a lot of ground there. He is right that we do not have the vastest of food reserves. We are still learning how to live here and that includes learning where to find the best pastures for grass, and then there are the mineral fields that we need for expecting mares. Clean water that is safe as well. This all comes with time and exploration even if this land is just a sliver compared to our original homes.” Ard swung his tail a touch and thought out a moment more. “ I am not one that knows a lot about the world of diplomacy. I once more have to agree with council member Jesper. We are not trying to prove anything other than our willingness to protect those that seek refuge from the plague. Protect those that come here and make sure that the laws of this isle are made clear. Rise to the aid of Nerine when she calls and she should answer in kind if we come under fire.”   
    Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]
    @[Jesper]
    @[Camomila]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    A familiar voice called for her attention, guiding her away from the edges of the Isle where she had been gazing at the never ending ocean. Part of her had been gazing longingly in that direction from whence she came, back towards her homeland. So many regrets weighed heavy on her heart. However, her desire to help Nerine and start over was far stronger than that longing. She had the chance to do things right, to help those in need. Besides, she was already beginning to call the Isle home. She turned away from the sea and trotted off, her long aquatic waves of mane and tail flowing with the wind like seaweed swaying with the underwater currents, graceful and light. Summer was fast approaching, showing more in other places with warmer temperatures, the melting of ice and snow. And though the Isle had its own fair share, more so on one side, it was still and Iceland.

Upon arriving she learned that Leilan had been the one calling for her, as she suspected. Jesper was there as well, and another stallion that seemed a tad familiar, but Camamila couldn’t quite recall where she’d seen him before. The Isle had more residents now; perhaps she had seen him off in the distance. She dipped her head after the two finished their introductions and began her own, “And I am Camomila. Admittedly I am not from Nerine, nor Beqanna on that matter. I came from a Kingdom across the seas initially, however it is Nerine that I have pledged my loyalty and devotion to.” Briefly she caught Jesper’s glance towards her, and during the short moment she offered him a soft smile before their attention was turned away. 

Jesper began again, getting straight to business. Ardashir followed. Camomila listened to what each had to say with ears raised and eyes focused on business. A nod came from her as agreement to both parties, however she did not speak. Not yet. More than anything she wished to hear what Leilan, their Prince, had to say before making any suggestions and giving any advice of her own. Of course, it wasn’t that she didn’t know what to say. She had many ideas. But she was the type to stay quiet and gather as much information as possible, hear from all speakers before deciding what to say and do. And so, she looked over at Leilan, waiting for him to speak.

@[Leilan] @[Jesper] @[Ardashir]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It doesn’t take them long - over an empty, relatively cold area such as this, his voice doesn’t have to be loud to carry far. Jesper speaks up first, and as always with calm and sense. Most of it is something he agrees with, the other is something he can understand. Ardashir is much the same; though emphasizing expecting mares which earns the snow-coloured giant a small smile. Perhaps a knowing one as well as a genuine one.

The scaled roan turns to the algae-coloured mare, yet she doesn’t want to stir the pot, it seems, which leaves Leilan to evaluate what has been said. ”I agree that talking to the leading Kingdoms is the most practical, unless we find out that one or both the other lands in their area aren’t so much being controlled by their mother kingdom, as it were. For example Taiga has little enough to do with Nerine that one might pay them a small informing visit as well.” He looks to see and hear their reactions to that, first.

”I’ve called us together in a meeting because I’d like to make sure we’re all heading in the same direction before we talk to the other residents - we should get word out what we are.” But what that is and how many they will accept, what exactly the message must be, is why they’re here. ”Most of all I would like to prevent us from becoming hermits. I know the land doesn’t provide much, but the cold and the tough grass, also makes us a strong people. I’ve agreed with Breckin that we’re to be an extension of Nerine, which besides coming to their aid, in turn allows us to cross borders freely - including to find warmth and pastures should the need arise.” He shakes his crest a moment, trying to rearrange his thoughts and mane sinultaneously before continuing. ”I haven’t spoken to Heartfire yet but I don’t expect her to change this. So while we should not try to be the largest group in the world, I wouldn’t mind a bit of recruiting, in that sense. We can surely be a bit more selective in who we allow in to live permanently and who we encourage to move on after a time. After all, Icicle Isle is not the same kind of haven as the other safe lands and this would not be expected of us either. We may not be dark or evil in any sense, but being seen as soft is the other extreme. Both the Brotherhood and Sisterhood had a reputation of being a hardy, though not unfriendly people, and I’d like to maintain some of that if we can.” The last thing he wants is to be seen as an unimportant, cowering people hiding away from the world, behind their mother kingdom. ”We may need a stronger name for our lot, if you so please.” Not that they have a name really; Icicle is the only one that stuck, but that had been partly a joke that only Hyaline would understand.

”I personally prefer to stay out of political relations, and let us be tied to Nerine in that sense. Neutral to those we don’t know, friendly with the allies of our mother kingdom. Unless, of course, you’d rather actively seek some form of alliance with some?” It’s not something he would be opposed to, but to him it sort of went past the idea of being a territory instead of a kingdom.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Hookay well here’s some ideas
    -for newcomers, a year on the island before being considered residents instead of visitors? That way they will have to learn about (and live through) winter season, first, before making the decision. I can make a ‘Visitors/Trainees/Novices’ section on the rank board for those. Simply put the idea is that if someone joins and then never posts on here they aren’t considered permanent residents and are expected to find food elsewhere; but I also don’t want there to be anything really harsher since I think the cold is problematic enough ^.^ unless you guys don’t agree ofc?
    -with maybe an exception if there is a good reason for such I suppose
    -who wants to be a Viking? Yes? No? Other name ideas are also welcome <3
    -some herdlands/territories (Sylva, Ischia, IR, Taiga) aren’t as dependent on the leading kingdom as this one, so I think they deserve a separate diplomatic visit but for example the East as it is right now could be informed in one go Smile
    @[Jesper] @[Ardashir] @[Camomila]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Ardashir, as he introduced himself, stands much taller than any equine Jesper has yet to encounter. Aquamarine gaze finds the bright blue eyes of the horned stag as he speaks and Jesper listens. It seems that finding agreement is not as difficult as the smaller male thought it might be. He offers a nearly silent sigh as the white male mentions how they themselves are still learning the land. Jesper had in mind to head towards the Meadow come autumn and graze as much as he can handle before winter sets in. As much as he is grateful for the dense fur his fox form is blessed with, his stomach has yet to agree with the diet of a canine.

Attention returns to the present conversation as Ardashir finishes up. Poll dips in an agreeable nod before gaze and bronze-tipped ears shift towards the mint green lady. She offers her name and origins but, chooses to remain quiet on any other matters. The desert bred male raises a brow out of curiosity; however, he makes a note to seek her out later. Instead, the familiar voice of Leilan catches Jesper's focus and, he hones in on his thoughts. The roan speaks wisely and the black nods along. When expected to chime in, Jesper finds his voice and does so without hesitation. "I think a neutral face with a reputation for being noble yet hardy is appropriate. I agree with the decision to uphold Nerine's political ties. I do not foresee the need for alliances independent of our mother kingdom." Jesper quiets as he takes a moment to mull over a suitable name. What did one call a community who lives in the tundra? He cannot think of anything so, he remains silent on the matter.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

-100% agree
    -Viking reminds me of a sea warrior. Perhaps, eskimo? Although, that appears to have a derogatory meaning. Inuit or Yupik are more proper if you like either of those.
    -In agreement here too. When we get to assignments for diplomatic visits, Jesper would very much like to make the trip to the East. He also wouldn't mind returning to Ischia. He would prefer to stay away from Sylva though, that could be a fun PTSD thread, haha.

@[Ardashir] @[Camomila] @[Leilan]