• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  do i kiss it on the cheek, kick it in the teeth

static vision, cold precision, manic control, hands off my soul
    who gave you the right to decide what's right?

How can I be exactly like her?

Cosmos will never forget the wisdom of the Kraken: her knowing eyes, inquisitive touch, and chittering reach. In fact, the yearling has formed what one may consider an obsession. Being one that is fascinated by the bizarre (an almost regretful quality she has inherited from her mother), the tentacled creature was bound to captivate the pink girl’s curious gaze.

It is almost as if I am walking into destiny.

Oh, the naivety of a young mind. Though more observant than feeling than most her age, Cos is still very much susceptible to the ebb and flow of youthful impressions. She never rolled her eyes at her parents, but she always thought that her dramatic mother was being . . . well, dramatic. The irony of the filly’s uncomfortable wisdom is that it never listens; and is that not the direct absence of insight? How she will mourn years down the line, wroil and bemoan the foolishness she once possessed and the foolishness that will inevitably cage her.

I have so much to learn.

The sickness of Pangea takes its toll: a sour smell wrinkling her nostrils paired with a gentle trickle of crimson blood, coloring her pale lips a predator’s red. Cosmos was doomed by her very first step into Carnage’s cursed territory, but she may never see her fate so dismal.

I would sacrifice much more if it meant I knew eons of time like Yidhra.

The Mountain is only a short walk from the small enclave she has been resting in. The Kraken has been gone, but Cosmos cannot wait any longer. When she reaches the top, she tucks one leg to her stomach and bows deeply. This moment feels too sacred for words, for noise, for earthly things.

I know you’ll understand me without my voice. Please, make me like her.

your false authority is dreadfully boring me

@[Officials] i wasn't sure if i was supposed to tag you guys but i did so if im not :~/ sorry
    tldr; cosmos is asking to become more like yidhra and instead the fairies give her a snake mane and tail
    link to thread just in case: http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=21789
    Cosmos has rolled a 2 and will receive a quest.
    While the fairies detest anything associated with the one who calls himself the Dark God, they are more understanding of the young children who follow him. They can't comprehend; they're too young. Cosmos wants to be like Yidhra - worshipper of Carnage - fine. She will learn.
    The fairies turn her into the spitting image of Yidhra herself, but only for a day. "You will live one day in the life of Yidhra. After you've done so, return to us. Tell us what you have learned."

static vision, cold precision, manic control, hands off my soul
    who gave you the right to decide what's right?

She returns to the Mountain much more somber than when she arrived.

The bubblegum pegasus is quiet, shedding the skin of the woman she worshipped as she climbs. There is much to be said about her naivety, too much for Cosmos to truly ponder. The frown on her mouth is uncharacteristically deep; perhaps it is deep enough to form wrinkles then and there, cemented to her face to remind her of the faith she should not have placed in others.

There is only truth in the sky, in the earth, in the water, in self.

Still, she seeks the wisdom Yidhra may have possessed. Wisdom the girl may not be able to comprehend now - there must be a saving grace to the bitter abandonment she faces. When the oceans called her mentor away, she was hopeful. When her mentor never returned, she grew bitter. A still-small faith in the ways of the universe still sings in her chest, and there is a part of her that continues to observe her feelings as if this body is not her own.

There is much to learn, this she knows. A lesson, perhaps, will be taught to her by the fairies. A consequence, if you will. What she sought after is not what she longs for any longer, but she knows that she must leave with what magic she earns.

“Fairies,” she calls, mismatched eyes strong despite their confusion. “I have learned my lesson. Idolization is for the foolish. I am not as wise I thought I was.”

your false authority is dreadfully boring me

@[freaking awesome fairy] this only took me one million years to finish :/
    She learns, as they all do, one way or another. Though some of her sisters choose to teach through fire and anger, she is softer. But only just. The temporary kraken morphs back into herself - except her mane and tail, which start to slither and hiss.

Your quest was successful, and your trait has mutated to a snake mane and tail. Please post in updates.