• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep dreaming all you want; Khuma

keep your dreams in check

The air is bitter this time around as Rouhi enters the forest, his body shrouded in clouds of dark shadows, branches looming over him, attemping to snag at his soft coat. 
    The pale coloured stallion moves quietly through the multiple species of flora, brushing up against the large shrubs as he moved slowly into an opening. The only reason he had ventured so far out from Hyline again was that his mind was taunting once more, forcing him to look for a companion, someone to keep his desires at bay. 

The young stallion is in a good mood today, blessed by the relishable weather, no snow was falling, for the time being. A warmth slowly seeping into the land inch by inch, confiscating the snow at an increasing pace, freeing the land from hardship. Small creatures were already emerging from their burrows as the sun beat through the trees, beams of light entering and escaping as the clouds above shifted their position.
    The grulla stallion halted nearby a large oak tree, the snow below it was less noticeable as the tree's branches and leaves were able to protect whatever lay below, but just like the plague, the snow still seemed to surround it slowly, moving in to suffocate it, leaving it cold and alone despite its efforts in repelling it.

The stallion did not allow his mood to go to waste, his speed increasing to a canter, allowing his body to stretch and feel the caress of warmth as it broke through the trees, penetrating the deep canopy, the sun revealing the stallion's colours in small portions. The clouds above already seemed to thicken, the sun already disappearing behind them, a rather unfortunate sight. 

The stallion did not have to canter for long before steam started to escape from his hot body, rising into the air only to be lost after it reached the treetops. The stallion halted softly, the snow below him flying into the air violently, Rouhi began to settle again, his nose digging deep into the deep snow to find any suitable patches of grazing.

Rouhi

@[Khuma] 

As with all starters I wrote down a bunch of random garbage and hoped it was ok lol
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She wears her scales like her father, across her shoulders and hips with a thin trail going up her spin. A swipe of the glimmering serpent-hide covers the high points of her cheeks and another accentuates the very tip of her nose. Her eyes are the color of tired emeralds but the paper thin pupil seems to seethe with an unspoken rage just looking for an opportunity to present itself. Khuma slinks through the forest, head held high and ears trained forward as she begins her hunt anew. Wane had given her a precious son but another year means another aching, tender heart to devour. Her tongue finds the pointed tip of one of her sharp teeth at the thought.

The fallen queen weaves between the trees, hips swaying gently with each careful step like a lion comfortably touring its own territory. The snow crunches beneath the weight of her hooves but she doesn’t seem to mind announcing her presence to subtly. She turns that pretty head when she hears another nearby, running and running until he seemed to find the perfect spot. Her feral eyes watch him eagerly, admiring the color of his body and the shape of his shoulders. Perhaps he could give her a child with wings. Maybe even a daughter.

The thought ignites the fire in her chest anew so she draws closer, long strides fluid and ethereal when she closes in. She lets her shoulder brush along the length of his body as she approaches from behind, stretching her head out to whisper softly into his hear.

You look like you need company,”she says quietly, letting her warm breath spill across his skin before she pulls her head away once more. But she keeps her body pressed lightly to his as she watches him, chin tilted down all soft and coy. “My name is Khuma.

Though she isn’t cold, she feigns a shiver to see if he’ll press closer to her. The oil slick scales shimmer across her cheeks when she tilts her head curiously.
    khuma.
    @[Rouhi]

The warm sun seems to dissipate before him, lulling the world into a quiet darkness, his eyes fluidly scanning the floor beneath him but completely missing the slithering shadow that now pressed against his hot body, whispering into his ears as his body fell into tension, his frame stuck in position as his shoulders shuddered, her words almost causing his collapse, you look like you need company, her words only spoke truth, inviting the naive boy to turn his head to her, his pelt brushing against her quietly, his tension slowly releasing his body into a comfortable sense of hope.
    Rouhi's head leans in to hear her speak once more, her name drawing his lips to open in speech "I am Rouhi" he draws his breath, his tone warm and also inviting.

The lady shivers beside Rouhi, his body tempted closer to hers, the tilt of her head inviting him to converse "What brings you here in this weather?" the weather was completely fine, nothing stirred in the forest apart from the crunching of snow beneath their hot hooves, the male was almost entranced again, this was a usual occurrence at this point, his icy-blue eyes fixated on her similarly blue gaze, his still gaped muzzle expelling the sickly warm air from his body, creating a crazed mist in front of the pair.

Rouhi's eyes are drawn to her colours, almost like his own but not quite the same, she is decorated with scales along certain parts of her stature, the stallion has fallen prey to her stare. Only the crackle of trees nearby broke him out of the dreamy state, his neck swiftly changing shape to look toward the expansive forest, dark and hidden by the shadows.
    After his failed endeavour to search for the sound his head is already returning to face the mare, his mind inquisitive to why she had arrived here, why she was now standing behind the lonesome stallion, preying on his kindly soul.

Rouhi

@[Khuma]
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She watches him, eyes examining the way his lip curls around each syllable when he offers up his name. His face is kind like Wane’s but there is a quiet innocence there as well, without the hunger she had used to lure him in. Khuma sighs happily when he leans in against her to try and stave off some of the cold. Her question, though, causes her ear to turn in his direction while her eyes drift to the rest of the forest before them. Should she be honest with her new companion or would it be better to lie for now? She leans her head against his neck and gives a light shrug of her shoulders.

I suppose it was time to leave my den. I was just lucky enough to bump into you,” she says softly, her voice all sweet and thick like honey. “Where do you live, Rouhi?

Khuma ignores the snapping twigs nearby. She’s always been overly confident in her own strength and so she tends to ignore little noises or things that go bump in the night. The only thing that interests her now is where this one lives if she can use him to find her next target. Someday she hopes to snag herself a king or someone with power but for now, her heart only craves strong children. They fill the void Tatter and Varus left behind, but soon her young will need her strength to give them their own foundations.

I don’t really have a home, myself. I’d like to find somewhere warm to settle,” she mumbles dreamily against his skin. Wane probably still inhabited the Icicle Isle and, while it had been a fine home to hatch Salvage, she’d rather avoid him for now. Smashing his heart to pieces wasn’t at the top of to-do list it seemed. The Chamber had been tolerable during the winter and an absolute paradise in summer, she remembers with a faint smile on her face. Anywhere like that would be ideal for her to raise another little egg.
    khuma.
    @[Rouhi]

The thought of naivety never really crossed the mind of the young stallion, his posture remaining stagnant as he stared at the mare, hiis eyes following her lips as she spoke in an inviting tone, she asks him where he lives, his mind quick to answer the mare "Hyaline, although I like to explore, I've recently been very fond of the Silver Cove" he smiles as he turns away again, his speech forces him to think elswhere, his mind already wandering off to the Silver Cove.

The mare isn't particularly bothered by the other sounds in the forest, he calm demeanour eases the stallion as he returns his gaze, she speaks of not having a home, a situation Rouhi was stuck in before being invited to Hyaline, a place he adored by now "Hyaline is a lovely place" he mentions to the mare, a hint of invitation in his voice as it floats freely on the warm breeze.
    Her other mentioning of a den is also quite intriguing, his curious little mind wanting to find out more, a quality that would probably lead him to his death one day. 

Rouhi was entranced by now, completely stripped of his own self, the desire for companionship leading him toward something worse, something that he wouldn't be able to reverse, something that could break his heart.  

Rouhi

@[Khuma]