• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga
    She was queen once, a pathetic and diplomatic monarch riddled with weakness and fear, and because of such she stepped down. She was never meant to reign over such a country, it was simply dumb luck that the crown had fallen into her hands at such a naive state in her life. But that was long ago, her partner had long left her and the same can be said for her daughter. Yet something still lingered inside her, perhaps a stray thought, she wondered what had become of her Loess, perhaps the only imprint she had left on this world.

She flies through beqanna sickly provinces of the common lands, her mind drawn with utter curiosity and a lingering fear that she may be stricken with the contagion that plagues the land. What had befallen for such a sickness to dwell in their midsts she wonders, as she flutters about the ivory sky, that is until she descends upon the snow blanketed field. 

She lands with grace, folding her navy flecked wings against her mammoth like hide. It's a quiet afternoon, rather peculiar for the field, from what she can remember the recruiting grounds are usually bustling crowds of ambitious equine, but it seems the plague has thinned out the herd. She saunters forwards, the frost dusted earth crunching beneath her weight as she wanders aimlessly, a sugar dusted smile lingering on her velvet lips. 

Few kingdom goers fly past her as she makes her way to a rather secluded corner of the field, a place of memory, the very place where her father had adopted her and whisked her away to Taiga. Those were sweet times, she wished she could go back to such an era of joy, and love. She missed her fire wielding sister, her lone-wolf father, and most importantly she missed her darling daughter. Her family had meant so much to her in her youth, yet she had abandoned all of them at one point or another. She hoped she could find them again, and soon.
    HEDA
    Love Is Weakness

Trashy starter, I figured I'd pull this girl out since it seems everyone is out and about Smile
    @[Family members] @[Lepis] @[Ruan] @[Jinju]?
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    The trip to Sylva had broken whatever protection fleeing to the Brilliant Pampas might have given to Lepis and her family, and the need to hide in the grassy land has subsided. Time to venture out, she has decided, to see what has become of Beqanna during her year of seclusion.

Making such a trip while heavily pregnant is not her best decision, but the dun mare is a confident in her ability to protect herself and the child she carries. Her wings she is more doubtful of, and so her navy legs carry her into the Field this afternoon. The snow has melted away, leaving large puddles that she skirts carefully around. So focused is she on avoiding the deepest muck that she doesn't see the other horse until she's barged right into her.

"Oh," she says as she tries t ostep away and also avoid the water that fills the path around them, "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..." Her voice trails off as she takes a better look at the buckskin mare that she's run into. "Mom?"

Lepis has not seen her mother in years and to find her suddenly - in the Field of all places - is a shock. Though she is a grown woman now and no longer a child, she still must raise her head to meet her mother's gaze. Heda looks much the same, Lepis thinks, which makes her all the more away that she does not. Lepis is suddenly reminded why she is so very grateful for the long navy mane that she has taken such an effort to maintain, for it hides the worst of her disfigurement.

"What...What are you doing here?" Still surprised, it is difficult to grasp the emotions that swirl through her - happiness, elation, shock, confusion. Why is her mother here? And perhaps more importantly, where has she been?

@[Heda]
    She had expected to be confronted by some kingdom goer by now, but she remains secluded in her small corner of the field, that is until a body slams right into her. A gasp releases from her navy lips, as she steps back flustered, her golden wings ruffled at her sides. "excuse you." She mutters without hesitation. She hardly pays any mind to the being who had collided with her, until the word mom reaches her navy tipped lobes.

It had been ages since someone had called her that.

Her gold dusted gaze raises, meeting a familiar face, her daughter. It had been ages since she'd seen her, she was so grown up, so mature, and pregnant? She studies her daughter for a moment, a million questions running through her mind. Heda had missed so much of Lepis' childhood, she couldn't help but feel guilty for leaving her daughter at such an early age. Everything was her fault, she was too pathetic and irresponsible to care for her own child, what did her daughter think of her now? She couldn't help but worry for a moment or two as her mind whirled.

"Lepis!" She smiles with honey sweet vocals, "You're all grown up! ... And pregnant." She remarks, her hazel gaze eyeing her daughter's heavily swollen stomach. Heda couldn't help herself, she never thought she'd see the day when she would be a grandma, it was an odd thought, that twisted her mind. She always thought she would end up with huge happy family before she ever had grandchildren, she once fantasized about that when she was with Ivar, but that was long ago, when she had false hope of a future with the Kelpie.   

"I'm actually looking for a home." She smiles stepping forwards. "I figured I'd try the field for once." She adds. Her gaze fixed upon her gorgeous daughter,  "How have you been? I missed you." her words flow out of her navy lips with ease, although rather rushed. She wants to know everything that happened, who the father was, and most of she wanted to be back in her daughters life.
    HEDA
    Love Is Weakness

@[Lepis] <3
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Lepis is quiet for a long moment, taking in the still familiar lines of her mother's face. Heda has not aged a day, the dun mare sees, her immortality a perpetual defense against age. It does not occur to her that Heda might worry what Lepis thinks of her. Heda will forever be the best mother that Lepis has ever known, even if she was the only one. Her memories of her own childhood are bright ones.

The misfortunes in Lepis' life of entirely her own making, after all. They aren't Heda's responsibility.

"I missed you too," Lepis says, and takes a step forward to press her cheek briefly against Heda's. The full answer to how she has been would take hours, and Lepis is not eager to do so here in a land so infested by the Plague.

"What if I tell you on the way back to the Brilliant Pampas?" She asks. "The place is free of plague and we have a healer there if you are sick." The buckskin pegasus does not look ill, but the symptoms can be tricky, Lepis knows.

"This will be your second grandchild," Lepis adds with a soft smile. "My oldest, Pteron, is with my husband Wolfbane, back home."

ooc: so i'm terrible and replied just before deciding to closet lepis while cal/wolfbane is on hiatus but didn't want to leave you hanging <3
    No worries! I’m just gonna throw Heda in the pampas and maybe even Jump her into the big Loess meeting! I had so much fun wording with you! <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Heda • Vecna • Vilja