• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A not-long-not-short, normal BQ quiz:
    Okay, please do:
    Heart

1. Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
    2. Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    3. What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    4. What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics)  writing, and why?
    5. What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    6. Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    7. What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    8. What is your dream pet?
    9. What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    10. Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?
    11. Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    12. If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    13. If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    14. What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    15. What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    16. What do you want to do when you grow up?
    17. Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    18. What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    19. What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    20. Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    Ok, so what did you do this weekend?
    Yesterday I cleaned and washed my car, and I brushed Tobie and discovered she cut her leg like a dumbass. I also booked my flight to Texas to see Leaaahhh in March! And then I stayed up until 2am watching Titanic and I ugly cried and I'm not sure why. So far I've done nothing today.

Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    This is a trick question, I would never make a BQ quest.
    EDIT: I forgot, until I just started watching a Saw movie right now...awhile ago I said if I did a quest, it would be Jigsaw style hahahaha. Clearly I'm a psycho.

What are 3 things that you love about your own writing? Why?
    I am really good at not giving a shit or over-analyzing what I write. This might make my posts unpleasant for others to read, but it sure makes it easy for me to write. Other than that I don't know? My writing isn't that great, but I assume the readability is okay?

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I love how Laura and Cassi can write short posts that are completely to the point and somehow still gorgeous.
    Sid and Insane both use words I have to look up, so my vocab is expanding!
    Toli's writing style is my favorite, I could read all of her posts. But I don't want to be a stalker, so I refrain.

What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    Nothing. You asshole.

Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    R E A D Y

What is your favourite book of all time, or right now? Why?
    I have read and loved a lot of books but if we are being honest, Gossip Girl is my favorite hahahahaha

What is your dream pet?
    A whale.

What is your favourite BQ story right now? Like, plot or otherwise.
    BQ-wise I love the plague. This is hands down my favorite game-wide event, because there were things that lead up to it that we didn't even realize were happening. Within my own characters, they are all a mess but I love Briseis & Ether, Chryseis & Rhaegor, and the shitstorm Ryatah keeps creating for herself.

Which character (your own) are you most proud of? Why?
    Ryatah and Briseis. Ryatah because I started a character from scratch and somehow turned her into what she is -- not that she's fantastic or amazing, but like, she has 14 RL years worth of history. And Briseis I am proud of because for my entire Beqanna life I could NOT play anything that wasn't related to Ryatah, and I struggled so much every time I tried to come back here over the last few years because I was out of the loop and my pre-existing characters just didn't fit in. So I'm proud of the fact I finally was able to click with a brand new character again.

Which character (your own) are you least proud of? Why?
    Anyone that I don't play enough to get them their own personality haha. Right now I am not a fan of Nightlock even though I want to be.

If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    Computer labs are stupid.

If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    Slap everyone in the face.

What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    Several threads about me and Hels from 2007-2011......

What is one thing about you that no one knows?
    You guys know everything about me, but in real life no one knows I play fake horses.

What do you want to do when you grow up?
    Sleep.

Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    Hmm...idk. I really want to go to the east coast!

What is your favourite BQ trait and why?
    the ice traits because Chryseis really just wants to throw an ice dagger at someone.

What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    Carnage is actually scarier when he's being nice.

Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer.
    Never.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis

(Rental) house hunting, bought a new Sonos box, made dinner, went to the dancing end-of-season test, slept in really late, made allll the posts, did laundry, vacuumed, and went to the movie and out for dinner! Oh and then this quiz. <3
    2. Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
      I did one before and I like people to learn something new in it. Prizes depend on the posts people made. Subject is seasonal, like in winter I’d do something winter-related I think.
      Uhhh. I like to ‘surprise’ people with sudden stops or ‘out of the blue’-remarks but I’m not sure if that works Big Grin
      Wait, you said three. Hmmmm I guess I also like to explain what happened between one thread andthe one before, like a secret timeline that is in my head. I keep track of everything, okay. Sue me. :’)
    4. What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics)  writing, and why?
      Details! Emotions! Variation!
      Idk I just like all the things.
    5. What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
      -Stop thinking? Multiple peope say they take hours to post and, yes I sometimes have a lot of typos, but really, I think overthinking and triple-rereading and such, kills the mood you’re in, and therefore your own muse. Or well, it would for me so that’s how I imagine it works.
      Like Nev already said, we’re obviously all perfect so nothing can go wrong. Yay you!
      -I have nothing else. Sorry, it’s not 3 things.
    6. Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
      not asking
      I swear by Robert Jordan’s series, The Wheel of Time. Why? It’s 14 super fat long books of fantasy from multiple POV’s that’s why! Also the magic is very unique and wonderful to learn about, in about the same pace the characters do.
      Unikitty
      (Like from the LEGO movie)
      I honestly haven’t had a lot of time for stalking. I guess Ryatah is pretty fun to read xD
      Hmm. Eurwen? She started off so timid but she is actually having character development and such
      Leilan just blew up everything he did lately, so I have to really work at him.
    12. If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
      Why would anyone dare to answer this wrongly.
    13. If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
      I bet they’d do handstands a lot.
    14. What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
      Obviously it’s full of glitter unicorns
      That one thing a lady never admits to, thank you for asking.
      I don’t know
    17. Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
      I absolutely love going to Texel. Open wide spaces and full of German tourists that are still avoidable atm.
      Fairy Dust
      Does it need explaining??
    19. What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
      Everybody’s characters are super ancient and have all these history things going!! That’s the best insight I have at 21:47.... ‘everyone has cool histories’.
      Which character (yours or someone else’s) would you think makes the best hands horse?Carnage
    1. Went on a date with the hubby, ate a whole chocolate mini bundt cake by myself. Don't judge. 
    2. I have a quest idea I've been playing with that would be built by me pulling random cards out of my tarot deck and making a story out of that. The prizes would all be psychic type things. Clairvoyance, Aura Reading and like... idk, Glowing Crystal markings or something like that. Very pretty. 
    3. I think im good at portraying emotion, making fairly realistically flawed characters, and world building. 
    4. I love it when I read a post and it's more like watching a movie. I love reading two characters that have known each other a long time. How you can read between the lines and feel their history in the wording. And i love reading well done 4th wall breaks X)
    5. Idk, we're all pretty good writers. If you want constructive criticism, DM me
    6. If it's free, I'm suspicious
    7. Uhhhhhh, right now, it'd be... let's go with The Mulberry Tree, by Jude Deveraux. Romance, mystery, girl power, it's a cuddly quick read. 
    8. A Taiwanese blue beauty ratsnake, a trio of French angora rabbits, a few alpacas, a horse, etc 
    9. I'm thoroughly enjoying ticking off Clayton with Raulight. (Love you,  Nicole!)
    10. Sabra, the sad bitch. I've put her through so much and she's still kicking. 
    11. Kwartz is a lot of wasted potential :[
    12. Uh.... idk, I feel like we'd all have our own laptops, so it seems excessive. Just give me fast wifi and an abundance of wall outlets. 
    13. Scream. Endlessly. 
    14. Better snacks and a comfier couch
    15. Nothing, really. I have told all my secrets to at least one person. 
    16. Be a successful, non procrastinating adult who gets to work with animals. 
    17. Everywhere. I want to travel the world. 
    18. I love reading everyone's interpretations of the various shifting traits. 
    19. Briella is adorable and I love it. 
    20. If you had unlimited funds thi build your own house, what is one feature that would have to be included? 
    A very nice bathroom. Natural stone tiling, dark metal fixtures, rainfall shower, huge bathtub, and plants *everywhere*. I want walking into this bathroom to feel like stepping into a magical rainforest.
    Well, I came back from Poland so I was mostly sleeping and posting because I was tired, I made my own pizza too and some waffles, there wasn't really anything interesting, to be honest!

Imagine you are making a BQ quest: What is it about? What are the prizes? Explain yourself.
    I don't think I have the imaginative capacity to make one but I would probably make something about trees, I don't know, I just like trees man, don't question it.

Oh god. I'm not really sure but I feel like I'm alright at putting personality into my writing, I think I quite like that I have gotten better at shortening all my sentences down (I used to just use commas and not bother with full stops, it was a nightmare!) and I'm not really sure about the third one.

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics)  writing, and why?
    One thing I absolutely love is the creativity everyone puts into the posts, it still amazes me how much things everyone is able to create and how much drama can unfold because of one single lil thing, another is the emotion everyone puts into their characters and posts, I love reading everyone's threads and just getting lost in them over time because they're so interesting and so much fun to read. Lastly, I love how much effort everyone puts into developing their characters and defining their plots, it's really interesting to watch everything unfold over time!

What are 3 things that you think other people (in general, obviously not specific people because we’re all perfect) can do to improve their writing?
    I wouldn't be able to say as I myself am still trying to improve!

Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m:________.”
    Still going to politely ask if it is actually free anyway.

Well, I'm re-reading Game of Thrones again, I just love it in general!

What is your dream pet?
    I would love to own a Giraffe.

I love reading all of the plots, I don't really have a definitive favourite yet since I kinda just love reading them all!

Definitely Rouhi, I have put most work into him and developing his personality, some of it reflects my own while some of it is completely wild and different, he's my first character to have traits which was super exciting to me and I just love using them. He's generally just my favourite because of how I'm building him up and creating his character!

Sidereum, I just haven't been able to create a plot for her or even develop one so she's stuck in the closet right now.

If you could have your whole life subsidized by one person’s lottery winning, and that wonderful person brought everyone together to live in a giant mansion with everything you’ve ever wanted inside and maybe even a food court, would you be okay with that mansion having a computer lab for writing posts? Please explain your answer if it’s wrong.
    I don't think I would care too much.

If hands horse was alive on BQ what do you think he/she/they would do with his/her/their life?
    Give out the best handshakes!

What do you think is in the officers lounge? If you’re an officer please tell us one thing (real or not real) that is in the officers lounge.
    Probably a masterful plan to overthrow us all and create a world full of mutant horses and gorillas!

(I've been stuck on this question for 10 minutes because my whole life is on the internet)
    Uh, I don't watch TV, like ever? Idk is this good enough?

Horse riding instructor, I think.

Where is your ULTIMATE vacation spot (that you’ve been to or want to go to) and why?
    I looooove Spain, I love the weather, the scenery and the people!

I love wings, it's so simple yet so great!

What is one cool thing about someone else’s character that you recently learned about?
    I feel like I've been having an overload of threads recently with different characters so Imma just keep it general and say that everyone is amazing and I love them <3

Write and answer your own very nice question here. Explain your answer
    I tried and I failed so uh sorry!
    Alvorr | Anninux | Aziz | Caelestra | Castaneis | Rouhi | Ruinam | Sidereum

I was Not Productive. I baked cookies. Caught up on posts. Took human puppy and his sling out for sushi. Went and got a breakfast burrito. And now I’m sitting on my couch not doing the laundry that I should.

Bold of you to assume I’m motivated / creative enough to host a quest. :|

TBH I would probably just try to emulate Venge and her quests because she is Queen of Creativity.

I think I can be pretty good at emotions and um yes. That. Okay bye!

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics)  writing, and why?

Jenger has the PRETTIEST writing ever. Like every word is so gorgeous and well-crafted. Even when she writes fast and thinks it’s not, it’s still like poetry.

Toli makes you feel so incredibly connected and invested in her characters. They feel SO real.

I will forever be jealous of Cassi, Nev, and Lydia and intimidated by how well they both write while also forcing them to post with me at every turn because I am just that contradictory.

To be honest, I am amazed at so, so many people’s writing. I could spend hours waxing poetic about it.

I’m stopping myself because it said three and I’m already past that.

Stop doubting how amazing you all are! Everyone has a different style but different strengths and I wish you could all read your posts through my eyes because literally everyone is incredible.

T H E R E

I can’t answer this question because I have like “serious” favorites and then trashy book favorites because I am trash. Right now, I’m reading the Dante Valentine series and enjoying it.

What is your dream pet?

All of the dogs in the world please and thank you.

Anything involving Vulgaris / Dovev / Leliana because I’m self-centered and obsessed with it.

Magnus has the most history and will always be my favorite because he’s managed to become really complex and layered over the years (decade :|) which makes him interesting for me to write.

Leliana was a surprise favorite because she is “newer” for me and still managed to develop more than I expected. She’s just really fun to write and I connect with her a lot so I like to spam post her to anyone.

I have several that I think aren’t living up to their potential and it makes me sad so next question.

Stop trying to make a computer lab happen, Nev. It is never going to happen.

Become best friends with Satire and have the world’s most amusing threads.

Threads talking about how incredible I am probably. #hairflip

On here? I don’t think many people know that I have a world champion title for riding cutting horses.

That was years ago though.

Now I just bake cookies and write because all of my family horses moved several states away.

I am pretty happy with where I am in life.

I really, really want to go to Ireland or to the countryside in Italy.

I love elemental manipulations and shifters of any kind.

They are just creative and can be manifestation of emotions and I love that.

I’ve been stalking Sabra a lot because she’s a fascinating character.

I also read a lot of Castile and his history because he’s so freaking cool.

If you could write one character for the rest of your life who would it be?

Probably Leliana because I would just find new ways to make her happy and sad over and over again.
    This weekend, I spent a lot of time with Josh, wrote my first essay of the semester, worked a six hour shift, went to church (to appease the parents), and tonight I am going to see Lydia!! Yay.

So I actually have been thinking about this one thing for a while but I need to work on it... It would be SUPER meta and I think it would be hilarious. Maybe I'll make some jot notes today.

I have been told that my dialogue is really natural, and now I keep noticing how much I like my dialogue! I also am quite proud of myself for, generally, being able to switch between first/second person and present/past tense. It's something I've been working on basically since I got here. I also am proud of my ability to manage as many threads as I do... Although other people probably aren't happy about that since I only post like once a week heh.

I love Anodyne's eldritch descriptions, and how her writing makes me feel like I am also going through the environment she is describing.
    I love the way that Aeris brings her characters to life, they just all have these vibe about them that whispers legendary.
    I love Laura's ability to write so beautifully, and so damn quickly. Holy shit.
    I love Lydia's descriptions of Daemron??????? The true broody male???? I'm jealous of Pyxis for that catch.
    I love Colby's writing of environments too? She pays a lot of attention to detail and makes me feel like my characters are always just standing on like, some grass, maybe, whereas hers exist in this whole huge world. It's amazing.
    I love Jassal's creepy excellent suspense writing!!! I feel slithery and scaly when I read her prose.
    I love Bruja's writing because every post feels like the next chapter in a novel. When she wrote Sabra's scientist story, I could not get enough. She should write books.
    I love Lavender's tender, heartfelt words; she conveys emotion like none other and that's probably why she and I write together so often.
    I love Kuna's poetics??? She describes normal things and makes them beautiful in every way? It is not fair and she makes my heart hurt in a good way
    I love Vanilla's brutal honesty, there truly aren't a lot of other characters played the way she plays hers and I think it's refreshing.
    I love Nyx' writing because I get to watch it improve every day!! And he always comes up with the most creative ways of character development, I could never.
    I love Nev's writing so much, because it is perfect in every aspect. She brings in these totally otherworldly metaphors, with, like, science and stuff, and it boggles my mind. I want to read it ALL.
    I love the ease with which Insane stays true to her characters, if I had to read a post with the names omitted, I would still recognize her characters - not to say that they aren't dynamic, because by god they are, and that's also what I love about them.
    I love Jenger's writing because it is lovely, and there has never been a time when I read her words and did not love them with every fiber of my being.
    I love Leah's writing because she says so much without going on and on like I tend to, she puts weight into every word she chooses to write and that's is absolutely admirable, like, how.
    I love Devin's writing because it is so uniform and yet interesting, her characters are dynamic af and they all have such different personalities, it's amazing.
    I love Lyr's writing SO MUCH, the instant I saw it I just knew I had to sneep her or I would be sad forever. Kensa is so damn sweet and I want to snuggle her forever, the little hoe.
    I love Phaetra's writing because it reflects so much angst and empathy at the same time, like, her characters are just so relateable, makes me happy and sad at the SAME TIME.
    I love Kristin's writing because it really does transport you to another world. She takes her characters and truly fleshes them out in terms of their thoughts and their understanding of the world around them. Wow.
    I love Toli's writing because her characters are so gritty and down to earth, she's not afraid to swear and to have her characters express their humanity in a way that very few others ever do.
    I love Venge's writing because holy shit, she is a genius with words? Whenever I read her words I am utterly subject to the ways she wants to make me feel, be that laughing, crying, angry, or happy.
    I love Samshine's words because they also reflect a gorgeous amount of humanity, her babies don't try to grow up fast, and her adults have such a vast, colourful array of personality traits, it is truly lovely.
    I love Affy's writing because you can literally watch as her character's process every ounce of what is going on, and you feel it, too. Her angst is like none other, and I have always always admired the way she writes stallions.
    I love Splash's writing because it has grown to encompass so much character and life!! Whenever I read it, I am left wanting more, because her character's never finish growing and are always changing because of what's going on around them.
    I love Calcifer's writing because it, too, has the ability of not being long-winded and boring. Her words read beautifully and refreshingly, and her characters are always up to such interesting things!! >Smile
    I love Cassi's words because they leave just enough to the imagination where you're literally on the edge of your seat to read more, also, she is intimidating as hell and yet threads with everyone and anyone!!!! I don't understand and will always be in awe.
    I love Nicole's writing because her characters are also very tender, you can't help but to feel the feelings they are feeling, and to feel for them. I said feel so many times but it's because I love them okay.

I missed like a million people but I LOVE ALL OF YOUR WRITING AND I CANNOT GET ENOUGH.

-Punctuation and sentence length; don't forget to put periods in there somewhere! Commas are great, but too many can be a problem, speaking from experience lmao.
    -You can sometimes put a comma before "and", but rarely do you put one after it - must of the time, the "and" is taking is replacing a comma, and you don't actually need one at all!
    -Stylizing your posts is great but I really prefer when dialogue has quotations around it instead of just being bolded or italicized!! My poor eyes have a better time that way Smile

Please fill in the blank with the most appropriate response: “If it’s free, I’m: taking it.”

Bloody Jack series, because she has always been there for me through thick and thin, and the words are literally addicting. I'm hoping to do my ninth read through this summer.

What is your dream pet?
    A kitty, I want a kitty so bad.

Kora's character arc is wild and fantastic. I could think of more but I already complimented everyone so blegh

Kagerus, she came out of no where and really proved herself, when originally I hadn't been sure I even had enough muse for her. She is a good girl.

Definitely Scorch, for being a huge cheater pants who now how to deal with it!!!

Listen, I don't want a computer LAB. I want a communal area, with, like, couches and shit, and bean bags, where we can all come to write? But I don't want rows of desktops, that's a buzzkill, and I write on my laptop anyway. We can have desktops in there too but it definitely wouldn't be the only focus. And I think maybe we would need more than one, so that there was a 'quiet' area and a 'loud' area.

They would go around petting humans, just to make them uncomfortable. Maybe feed us some treats from the palms of their hands. And they would be explicitly banned from any orifices. Maybe they start a ring shop!!!

I think that Leah has sketched each and every one of us and keeps detailed reports on our every day lives, since she's a stalker!!! I bet she even knows what I had for breakfast today.

I can belch louder than any man I have ever met. Ever.

Be a psych prof at the local college, and a mom.

I really do love Germany, hence why I am going there for a third time this summer.

Dream manipulation, by far. So much fun, and sooooo creative, it's impossible for anything else to be my favourite any more.

I found out that Chryseis is the love of my life. Does that count?

Why is Sid the best?

Because she just is.
    :)
    Saturday I went to the barn but it was freezing cold and raining so I just filed Bridgette's feet then briefly walked in the woods so my dog would run around, then went to the park to catch Pokemon while my VERY NICE BOYFRIEND drove circles because it was cold (I caught three shinies and a Finnow whaddup), then I put the pantry back together after Drew dismantled it so we could spray the ants that are sneaking in, then I semi-helped while Drew made pasta. TODAY I got to ride, and cleaned a whole bunch of horse manure, then went grocery shopping;. Now I'm roombaing the bedroom and trying to do posts, I still need to go meal prep but don't wanna.

It's would be another Carnage torture quest and the prizes would be whatever fit the torture theme.

- I've gotten pretty slick at writing readable posts, by which I mean not many long, overwrought sentences.
    - I think I vary sentence length pretty well
    - I have pretty creative backstories for, like, every single character

What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I LOVE the variety of writers we have here! Short and sweet to long angst novels, whatever you want, someone or multiple someones here can provide it for you.

Basically: STOP WORRYING SO MUCH!! You ARE good enough, your writing rocks, just post babey !!

into it.

I HAVE MANY
    - Jurassic Park by Michael Circhton
    - The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
    - Lisey's Story by Stephen King
    - Into Thin Air by John Krakaur
    - Gold Seer series by Rae Carson
    - Nyxia series by Scott Remington

The best book I've read recently is Red Clocks, it's super poetic and intriguingly written.

What is your dream pet?
    It's Bridgette, but immortal.

I'm so into the Carnage/Ryatah business. and also the Cordis/Glassheart which btw nev I want to post them again!!

I mean, Carnage, because he's forever and he's had his own character arc. I love what Cordis has become even if she's not thriving right now.

CURRENTLY...my trio of unplayed cthulhu x cthylla babies. I don't know why we can't click!!!!!

what

i will kill hands horse on sight

some of the more insane complaints (e.g. complaining about fake dirt) that we've received are memes

I love some INCREDIBLY bad reality TV, like teen mom and floribama shore.

I'm like...an adult now and I do program evaluation by day and teach krav by night. I still want to publish a novel, though.

I want to go, like, everywhere...I want to go to Australia, back to Spain, to Portugal, to Amsterdam, Iceland, Peru, Brazil, Galapagos...
    basically I'm a travel slut!!

god magic. like power.

Rouhi's favorite place is Hyaline's lake!!

????????????
    Wow, thank you for asking. I spent a good amount of time watching Jersey Shore because I’m a despicable human being. Other than that I cleaned the house, played/fed/cleaned my bb bean, and picked out paint for our kitchen cabinets and bought a cute wooden table/storage thing for all the toys that are now always in my living room. I was supposed to write posts but I did not do that.

Okay, so it is a space and planets quest because I think the solar system is god damn magical. The prizes are like a comet tail or wacky ring trait thing, like Saturn or something idek. OR it’s a dream quest and the prizes correlate to what each person writes about. IE.) Glassheart is always referencing mermaids because Spyndle and Cordis are life, so she gets some kind of mermaid thing.

1. I like to write in a google doc and make everything times new roman size 11 and then left aligned, and then I write everything out with italics or whatever and I just love how it LOOKS when it’s done. Like it LOOKS nice, regardless of content. 2. I love my toothbrush metaphor 3. I don’t know this question is hard.

1. I really love when someone just KNOWS their character inside and out. I’m not great at that and sometimes I get stuck so I really admire that in other people’s writing. 2. THE DETAIL. Oh my god some of the posts I read are just so full of detail it feels like you’re there. Like, sights, sounds, smells, etc. So good. 3. I love seeing the different styles of everyone’s writing. I always want to try out new things after reading other people’s posts.

This one is hard, too, so I’m going to use things that I struggle with. 1. Know your character, because it adds so much depth and substance when you do. 2. Don’t be afraid to post. Every post doesn’t need to be immaculate. Typos are okay. This is fun and practice and not on your resume. 3. READ. READ SO MUCH.

Eating it

I suck at this. I like to pretend my favourite books are classical but honestly it’s like anything YA. The cheesier the better. Like there should be a love triangle.

What is your dream pet?
    A pig! I love pigs, and piglets. They’re wild smart and rubbery pink, how can you lose? I would want to keep him in the house and his name is probably Hamlet or Stanford, because I think both are good.

I’m not going to lie I am totally sucked into the Vuleli drama. So that’s good. As a whole the contagion plot is wicked cool because everyone’s just got their own thing going right now.

I think I’m going to go with Phasus, just because she’s so wildly different from any other character I’ve ever played before. Most of my girls are meek/soft/romantic which is fine but Phasus is just gritty and bad and sexual and a coward and I’m living for it.

So many that I’m just not clicking with that I really want to click with. I need to play all my beautiful new babies. I need to get Glassheart together again (sorry Cordis!!!! Sad ).

Wow this sounds reasonable and generous. I think this would foster a true sense of community and beggars can’t be choosers YOU WRETCHES.

High fives for days. I think he/she/they would be very good at swimming maybe. Maybe they’d swim a lot. Maybe they’d pick berries. I think whatever they chose to do they wouldn’t need a hand with it.

I think they have an DOTY (Dummy of the year) competition for the dumb things that we say. Like I probably win this year for thinking gourds were ancient pottery.

Oh my god there’s one thing but I’m taking it to my grave it’s so embarrassing.

An adult. I have no idea. There’s so many things I would maybe want to do but are just out of reach. I’d love to own a business. It would be so cool to have a riding stable, or like a cute boutique thing. I would take writing a book but I’m horrible at plotting. Venge plot for me.

GREECE. It’s beautiful, and I love the history and I want to see Pompeii. I am worried about all the stray pets that I’ll want to bring home and feed.

I don’t know many of them honestly, but I think Kingslay’s summer manipulation is so cool because it just has a wide range of weird things that he can do. And Kora’s winter manipulation, and Noori… basically all of the seasonal ones - neato!

That Giodhe’s name is g-o-d spelled out because Insane is a wizard.

What is your favourite number? SEVEN. Because it’s the perfect number. It looks nice as a word and as a number. Seven SEVEN 7. It’s always the number I will choose if someone asks me to choose it.
    Well I mostly puttered around trying to throw things away but also pack things I don't need since they could tell me move tomorrow or in two weeks when we're in the middle of horse shows. Then I made a cheesecake and went to dinner with a coworker and her husband; it was very nice. Oh and I updated all my syllabi for class to start Monday. Tomorrow. Shit.

I'm working on a Labyrinth based quest for the next time we don't have any other quests in a while. So it's about rescuing someone you wished away to the Goblin King/Goblin Faerie and then do the things you do. Prizes would depend on the choices characters made, but you can imagine.

Hm. I don't, really. I love my characters, I'm very attached to them, but as far as my writing I don't have feelings about it? I mean it's usually uh mechanically correct. /shrugs/

4. What are 3 things that you love about other people’s (can be in general or specifics) writing, and why?
    I love the way that you all write such vivid characters that I get to follow. I love that you do things with/to your characters I would never think of. I love that some of you have such complex characters that should be very unlikeable but yet I do like them.

Read more books.
    Explore things you're slightly uncomfortable with.
    Put words to paper even on days you don't feel good about it, because we love you anyway.

Suspicious.

Um favorite of all time is anything set in Tortall by Tamora Pierce, especially the Alanna and Keladry books. Most recently I've been reading An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabraa Tahir and WOW. Read it.

Like most of you if you're honest, I've always really wanted a dragon, unicorn, or gryphon.

I'm super anticipating the Scorch x Hestoni reunion.
    I'm having fun posting Kellyn to Ivar.
    I think Sylva & Loess have such a possibility for trouble.
    Poor Adna.

Well, honestly, Brennen. I was never sure if I'd click with him years ago because typically I struggle with stallions, but now he's like my fav. But also Rhonen had a very satisfying character arch eventually.

Ugh take your pick of characters that have SO MUCH POTENTIAL and I just don't click with them all the time. Kellyn, Elite's coma child. Bristol, who is PRAGUE x BRENNEN. Blue, who is Scorch x Brennen but not special yet despite my best efforts. Ryan, who's totally fleshed out in my head but never quite gets to paper correctly.

I'd rather everyone have their own laptop. We'd never get anything done in a computer lab.

WTF?

Aliens. Obviously.

I'm really an open book. What you see is what you get.

Teach horseback riding and horse science for a living. Wait.

I really, really want to go riding in Ireland.

Uh, well, my favorites have been temporal manipulation and mediumship. Temp manip because I used it for a kickass plot and it's fun and mediumship because I have a thing about history and bloodlines and it facilitates that.

Um, well, I learned that Leander and Noah are related does that count. :|

What are you binge watching right now?
    ->I finished Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix and am working my way through Criminal Minds because they took off White Collar which is what I really wanted to binge.