• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hunt or be hunted; ruinam
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    There was something that caught the eye of the beast the day the white stallion came to Sylva. He does not always care for others. The hellhound will not be a friend to give advice or have a shoulder to cry on. A friend is entirely different to him. It is more a tool, a game piece to be used how he wants and when he wants. He looks for the strengths and weakness of each of these pieces, accessing their worth. Some have proven to be what he thought they were, and eventually some would not.

Ruinam – their newest addition might just be another one part of his growing game pieces.

Sinner has yet to decide, but he does not have truly anything to worry about. The lands are in a lull still, coming together to build their communities and draw their lines of new territory claimed. He has given the title of king to Wolfbane without a fight. Eventually, perhaps in time he would claim it for himself. But he cannot do it alone. And he has yet to decide if truly that is the way he wishes to go.

War was never peaceful. There was bloodshed and death. But he marveled at the idea of it all. The environment that war created, the taste of chaos and destruction on his lips. It was beautiful to him.

The hellhound weaves through the winter forest of Sylva. He remains in his hellhound form today. A comfort he prefers well over the form of a horse, but he has learned strangers become frighten of such dark things. And they should. Sylva once was full of fairytale creatures that would make you run for the hills. It would never change. The hound has no worries today. Ruinam had made his choice to live among those monsters.

His eyes search carefully among the trees and boulders. The scent of the white stallion is fresh. Sinner is close to the source of his target today. He never cares to get to know the residents of Sylva, but perhaps it was time he built something more than being a face that leaders the never-changing autumn forest. Ruinam would become the first one today.

Eventually, his red-yellow glowing eyes catch the figure of the white stallion. The hellhound prowls forward comfortably and casually within his domain. He does not give one thought to scaring the white stallion. “Good afternoon, Ruinam,” his dark voice expels through his canine teeth. Sinner wears a mischief grin, just realizing Ruinam might show a little fright from his form. “I hope you have found Sylva to your liking so far,” he adds before becoming silent and settling in front of Ruinam.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Ruinam]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

winter wonderland

The forest seemed to stay hushed today, not a thing stirred in the forest as it continued living in the harsh conditions of winter, small trees sprouting from the frozen layer of snow that decorated the forest floor, although today there seemed to be a presence that distracted him, something dwelling in the deep forest, lurking in the shadows as the white stallion stood up, holding his frame in place as he scanned the soft beams of light that broke through the dense canopy.
    Ruinam's eyes point directly toward the shadows, his mind contemplating whether he had seen anything over and over again, it was like torture to his senses, the feeling of being watched draping over him, holding him with a tight grip.

At last a figure did appear, his body standing in shock at first but quickly adjusting as Sinner approached, his grin intimidating, but his casual approach comforting.
    Ruinam stands undisturbed for the moment as Sinner places himself in front of the ivory coated stallion, his tone deep as he begins to speak in form of greeting, Ruinam nods silently as he finishes his sentence, he did not dare speak until Sinner was finished, another sentence emerging from his dark stature, once again his words echo through the now silent forest, falling in front of him peacefully as he sat down.
    The white stallion opens his soft pink-tipped lips to speak "Good afternoon" he leaves his own greeting short, unsure of how to address him formally, unsure of whether he wanted to be addressed that way, "Yes, I am very thankful to be here" he adds quickly as he shifts his weight comfortably, his eyes focused on Sinner and only Sinner.

Sound is already creeping back into the forest as the two sit silently, the echo of birds returning peacefully, the crunch of leaves satisfying Ruinam's ears as small creatures flood the colourful floor of the forest.
    The sound within the forest is perfectly balanced, there is not too much of it and also not too little, a balance that is untouched, perfectly swaying in the motion of time as the two stayed silent for a moment, a silence that was already becoming deafening amongst all the other sounds of the forest, the two were shrouded in small sills of light, pouring in from above, gifting them the ability to see. 

Ruinam's comfort only grows now, he is no longer affected by the figure in front of him for as long as he does not move, usually the white stallion would be panicking but for now, he resides in comfort, his crimson eyes placed directly on Sinner as he awaits his speech.

Ruinam
    @[Sinner]
    ruinam-500px
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    With every motion and movement, he watches carefully. The dark wolf judges every twitch and glance that the white stallion makes. He listens carefully to each word, every syllable that falls from his lips.

Sinner is not always so precise with others in being this attention to every detail. But something about the white stallion intrigued his curiosity. Something told him there was more to the quite stallion that came seeking a place of safety, a home. As someone who enjoys using others with potential, he is quick to seek them out and add them to his collection of minions.

It was not only for himself though.

It was for Sylva.

Sylva would only be given the best. Those with skills and abilities would outshine the stragglers, giving them their own glory in individualized ways. Sinner was happy to give others the opportunities to prove themselves. Even if they did not see it within their own abilities, he would push them, show them the way if he must.

Ruinam is not one much for words. But the hellhound does not protest such things. It was best that not many words were spoken freely. One with a big mouth usually ended up in a rather difficult predicament. He did not care for those that spoke out against him, but offering their ideas and advice sometimes would be considered if it was the direction he wished to go.

“Good. I am glad you have found your new place to your liking,” he replies. Sylva is geographically an interesting and beautiful place. The eeriness that silence is filled with the forest does not bother him. It is the life of the autumn kingdom. But so are the other sounds it brings. A balance of life and death weigh heavily here, and he is the controller of what lives and what dies. The devil of Sylva.

Pausing after his reply, he then relaxes his gaze onto the white stallion more. “Tell me about yourself, Ruinam. What is your story? Where do you come from?” He asks. Lay it all out so I can dissect you, he thinks to himself with a simple silent laugh.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Ruinam] Thanks for being patient for my late post <3

winter wonderland

Sinner's company is oddly peaceful, the forest silent as they both sit around together, but Ruinam finds no surprise in this, why should the forest be scared of its creatures anyway, there is simply no point to it.
    His head wanders for a bit as a small white blob of fur appears alongside him, his Arctic companion, a small white fox that lightly spoke to him, he didn't seem particularly phased by Sinner either, taking Ruinam's calm demeanour into account. The small white fox carries a mouse in its jaws, tearing into the small critter with his jagged teeth, his snowy snout now covered with a sheet of white blood.

Ruinam looks over toward Sinner, nodding as he speaks, his tone rather inviting now, pulling him in with curiosity.
    The white male's eyes wander across the forest as Sinner mentions Sylva, his ears perked to listen to the various calls that rang out in the canopy, the balance was perfectly pleasing, just right for him.

Sinner soon speaks of Ruinam, a twist he was not expecting, an inquisition into his origin, the Ivory male's eyebrow raises "Hmm"
    His tone flows for a moment, his throat rumbling in readyness to speak, his mind drifting to his past "Well, I'm not particularly interesting. I come from outside of Beqanna, quite far away." when he had come to Beqanna he was not used to all the new things he had encountered, the rules different from when he had first arrived.

But it is hard for him to speak of it, the hell he went through, a peace disturbed within himself that he shunned himself for "You could say I was an outcast, more or less" his eyes twitch nervously for a moment, but he had no need to be, if he wanted to serve he should be honest, keep the peace in his mind.

"My father was quite strict, I wasn't particularly phased by it, it taught me what I needed to be taught at the time, after that I was on my own" for reasons still unknown to him, not even his mother bothering to explain it all to him, a land he had forgotten and never wanted to return to, unless he wanted to disturb peace in itself.

The stallion now turns back toward Sinner, his stance taking an unusual demeanour as he inches closer for a slight moment, his blood-red eyes focused on the beast "What about you, Sinner?"

Ruinam
    @[Sinner]
    That's alright, I love reading Sinner words so it is so worth waiting for, I was literally so excited when I saw you posted lol <3
    Btw, Anninux has a thread open in the field (her child, Castaneis ran off to Sylva with Corban so she's looking for him and she's paranoid Sinner will turn up again, she's currently speaking to Leilan but if you want feel free to go torture her, or if you want a thread with her I can make one up <3 glad you're back!
    ruinam-500px
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    His glowing eyes dart quickly to the white fur creatures that suddenly appears alongside the white stallion. A small arctic fox. Sinner licks his lips lightly as he gazes over the small creature. His ears perk forward next. The prey he often hunted was small creatures like the snowy fox that appeared.

The white fox does not mind him though. Simply does not fear as his larger white companion is relaxed in front of the predator that would have devoured him. The fox enjoys its catch, finding pride in the way it tears and lets blood discolor is pure white face.

Sinner naturally smiles at the display. Even the smallest of hunters needed to live as well.

He turns his attention back to Ruinam, silencing the sound of flesh tearing just a few feet away from him. The dark beast waits patiently for the white stallion to unfold his past. It was not always the best to reach back into the darkness of the past. A past haunted with demons and monsters can be haunting. But he does not fear the past. He has nothing to fear as others might.

The past was a way for him to gain information. To truly understand and know what has molded those that strike his interest. While the past was not always ideally brought up, many were willing to tell their story. The beast never knows truly why others are so eager to share their past. Perhaps it is the sense of belonging that naturally flows through all of them. He never has felt that—he has always been part of something great or grander.

He keeps silent as Ruinam speaks. There is no motion of nodding his head or words to interrupt the stallion. He will hear every word before he speaks and says his piece.

“Even with a story like that you are still a mystery,” he says once the ivory stallion finishes speaking. “But we are not always given the perfect family and life.” It was the dream to have those things. A dream to belong and to have our wildest desires fulfilled. But even those who are given the most desirable things within the world do not deserve them. He was one of those.

A smirk fills his canine muzzle, reaching easily from ear to ear. Careful, he thinks with mischief, It would be bad to stick your nose into business that does not concern you. “My story is rather boring. I was born and raised within Beqanna. I grew up in Pangea with my two parents who loved each other probably too much.” He laughs at the thought of them, but also the fact of the true story he does not tell. There was no reason for anyone to truly know he was fashioned and molded in the very hells of fire itself. “I then decided to go off on my own and live my own life. I guess you could say the hunter within me took over.” And he enjoyed a good hunt very much.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

Sinner was rather attentive toward the snowy stature as he spoke, a luxury he thought he could not have, the beast allowing him time to explain himself.
    Sinner mentions that Ruinam stills sounds like a mystery even with his explanation, though it was probably a weak one anyway, the stallion lowers his head slightly as he turns to face the fox, his face exhumed of expression "Some mysteries are best left alone, of course" his crimson eyes flow back toward Sinner as he watches him continue his speech, surprised that he was even going to offer a slice of his life to him. The white stallion listened with intrigue, his ears perked at the thought of it all.

The male looks back out toward the colourful expanse, his stance still remaining languid as Sinner speaks, a story that was quite interesting, details possibly missed out, rumours dismissed, doubts remaining unconfirmed.
    The beast's laugh is what draws Ruinam back to face Sinner, his eyes focused on him, his expression almost seeming humorous, but this tensed Ruinam, peace was not balanced for whatever reason.
    As he continues to talk his small white companion drifts away from him, walking up to Sinner in a tense manner, since Ruinam had shown signs of significant discomfort, his little companion was already out to investigate, perhaps not in the correct circumstances.
    Although Ruinam does not move, if the fox wanted to meet the beast then, by all means, he could do whatever he wanted, even if there was no good outcome from it.

But Ruinam was not satisfied just yet, something was lurking from deep within that yearned to learn more, is that the truth, sinner? The question remained in his head, the stallion did not lie, could not lie, honesty was not something to tamper with "I will trust in what you say" he blurts out, his grin spreading as he turns to face Sinner, peace surely out of the question by now "But tell me, where do you truly come from" his grin seems to fade over time as he leans in closer to Sinner, his own person entering a shift, blood red eyes focused on the beast, his frame stuck in place.  

Ruinam
    @[Sinner]
    ruinam-500px
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    “Some mysterious are best left alone, of course.”

Sinner could agree with that, but he is too curious for his own good.

While Ruinam’s life appears to be much simpler than Sinner had expected, his was not. The hound’s life had been fortified by omens and crafted and shaped with the hottest fires of hell. Demons would speak of stories of what him and his brothers could do. The hounds that brought chaos and destruction on their heels, bringing the message of their masters.

But he was no servant.

He was his own master now.

When he is done talking, he noticed the small white fox comes up to him. The tension the small fox displays doesn’t unsettle him. Sinner is the king here within these autumn woods. If he wanted to kill the small white fox, he would do so without hesitation. But the fox only irritates him like a small nit might buzzing around your face.

Ruinam speaks, drawing his attention away from the white fox. He quickly assesses the expression on the white stallion’s features. Indicating the reason why the small fox had become tensed up. The smirk remains on his mandibles. His eyes light up with mischief when he addresses the ivory stallion who decides to confront him on his little story.

“You are quick,” he admits. He could give Ruinam that for sure, but he will not be made the lesser one here. “I admire your quickness, but you should be careful where you step.” He says and licks his canine teeth in warning at the ivory stallion. “You are nothing here right now, Ruinam. A simple little rat on the food chain of Sylva.” He takes a step forward, moving out of his comfort zone. He pushes a paw at the small white fox, pushing the fox out of his way.

“Is that what you wish to make of yourself, boy? Would your father be proud of what you’ve become?” He asks firmly.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Ruinam] Hahah, oops. Sinner is a bit mad xD

winter wonderland

Ruinam couldn't help but back away from Sinner, his eyes tearing into him with one blink, ending him almost instantly.
    Ruinam usually wasn't the one to tip the balance and cause disruption in the grand scheme of creating peace and hope, but today he was curious.
    Sinner's advancement had caused his body to stir, something awakening that was not there before, something new and delicious.
    "I must have gotten slightly carried away, my apologies" of course the stallion does not lie, he wouldn't dare break himself in half, but as Sinner speaks the stallion becomes curious again, dangerously irking toward an unbalanced scale, after all, a single rat could cause a whole epidemic to rise, eradicating species by species. The thought allows him to smile, but he is not that type, and he had truly overstepped himself today.
    He takes a few steps back, his head lowered now as his companion fox whimpers his way back under him.

"I guess I just got curious. I wanted to know you better, sir" he adds as he looks up toward Sinner, his smile wavering as he stands still "Where would we be without a little curiosity?" while it was true, it was curiosity that killed the cat in the first place, a dangerous game to play, especially here.

While Sinner was truly someone that intrigued him, he would have to hold off on finding more about him, he had only been here for a while, hardly long enough to be trusted even with the smallest of information.
    Ruinam felt idiotic the more he thought of it, a sigh escaping him as he stood tensed.
    "My mistake" quite obviously "It was not my place to ask you" he offers a small hint of a kneel as his body pivots toward Sinner, if he wanted to serve the man he would have to be more careful.
    The ivory male's eyes close, he awaited Sinner's verdict, if there was to be one, he probably wouldn't even mind being eaten at this point.

Ruinam
    @[Sinner] Ah, amazing! I love Sinner so I just wanted Ruinam to push the boundries for a bit and spice things up, he's back to being his servant self now, he shall be a good boy, this will go down into his plots and it'll mean he'll be more obediant now C:
    ruinam-500px
    there is but one rule
    hunt or be hunted
    There is a certain balance between the world. Systems are set in place to keep order and harmony. Just as good is found within the world as evil is. But he does not care to keep the balance between good and evil. He enjoys tipping the balance of the world.

Of course, it all comes to when and what he wants to do.

He is his own master. A puppeteer beginning to feel his newfound power every day. Sinner had to be patient for Sylva to be his, but now he wants more. He grew anxious as the time went on. However, everything had a time and place. Just as those within his territory did. Ruinam was no different.

The hound has learned to find his own footing in this world since the beginning. Becoming independent made him stronger and a fighter. He would gladly fight and show his strength against another who wished to defile it or step where they were not welcomed.

His aggression towards the ivory stallion sends him backwards. Quickly putting the boy where Sinner thought him best to be. He gives a quick nod of approval. Ruinam may be new to Sylva, but he would know his boundaries. Muddling into Sinner’s would not prove to be useful. It would only destroy Ruinam.

“There is a time and place for everything,” he says finally, dropping his earlier firm tone. “If you are curious about something you must know your own boundaries and theirs.” Blindly going in never did anyone good, except a quick death. “You play a dangerous game going into something where you are blind. Do not be foolish or it might just be your deathbed.”

Sinner huffs, letting the last of his irritation settle away. The hound returns to a calmer stance, glancing towards the white fox who whimpered back to his companion. Even the little fox probably was fearful of him now. Sinner tosses the thought away just as if the entire situation moments ago was nothing.

A warm smile and another nod are given again when Ruinam gives the smallest kneel of his body and speaks again about making a mistake. “Think nothing of it,” he simply says. It was better to forget it all. “I appreciate your curiosity, but there are things you must learn if you are to find a place within Sylva and for yourself to grow. We play a dangerous game from where we stand. A balance of loyalties and ties that can be broken easily. You should learn to keep your curiosity in check and push when it is the right time.”

If they were going to become stronger, then they would need to be prepared. Ruinam was eager, he could tell how quickly the ivory stallion snapped back into place. It was only making his weapons stronger would Sylva find its place among the rest of Beqanna. “I was born in Beqanna, but I was created within hell.” He says before falling silent, a flash of mischief fills his eyes and a grin grows slowly across his canine face.
    Sinner
    the king of sylva

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The ivory man turns to Sinner, his ace now drained of all expression, only comforted by his sudden smile and use of nourishing speech.
    The stallion is already becoming calm once again, his body resting comfortably as Sinner returns to a softer tone, Ruinam's ambiguous attempt slowly fading within. He had disrupted a balance he had promised himself to keep.

But the agony remains in his endless desire to find the truth, until Sinner's voice emerges through the deep growth again, his ears darting to listen to his voice, his head slowly turning to face the beast. Sinner's voice reaches him, but he does not stir, he remains placid as he looks back toward the water "Thank you" he mentions quietly. Sinner had satisfied his lustful need to find out more, for now at least.

Now the stallion felt rather useless, his desire causing him to step out of bounds, trying to reach a peak that he could not afford to climb.
    His crimson eyes drift back toward the hound, his muzzle parting to speak "Is there anything I can do for you, Sinner?" maybe Sinner has sought him out to give him something to do, a pleasant change to the usual sitting around that he was used to "I would be glad to serve" he adds as he looks toward his companion, his face still remaining rather expressionless.
    His need to serve someone was still there, regardless of what duties he performed on a daily basis. Ruinam was rather used to attaching himself to another, forgetting about his own being in order to help another, to free them of their burdens, to serve them.

He now looks back out toward the autumnal forest, a warm summer breeze now sweeping the forest floor, wiping away the densely covered colours away to reveal the soil underneath.
    The warmth comes quite pleasantly, gently beating through the thick forest canopy, allowing his small companion to bathe in the beams of sunlight as Ruinam became relaxed once again.

Ruinam
    @[Sinner]
    ruinam-500px