• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any!

The journey to get to the Icicle Isle did not seem that long, a pleasant surprise for Aziz as he made his approach toward the frozen island, his first steps were met with a cold shock pulsating through his legs and into his body, he knew it was going to be cold, but this was on a new level of cold.
    The bay male moves stiffly as he walked toward the centre of the island, for now, there didn't seem to be anyone around him as he awkwardly placed his hooves against the slippery and harsh surface.
    First, he would probably have to find Leilan, he didn't want to stall what he was here for, getting to work would give him something to do and quite possibly let him warm up for a bit.
    The male issued a loud call which seemed to flow along the mostly flat surface, calling out to see if Leilan was around. Aziz hoped he wouldn't be too busy, living in such a remote and harsh island probably brought many challenges, a ruler would have to tend to their people; filling their needs and giving them hope. Aziz now walked faster, the snowy layer below him crunching under the grip of his hooves, as he walked his mind began to create visions of structures surrounded by ice and snow, he wondered how many domes he would have to create in order to please the population, how many could possibly live in such an unforgiving landscape, that he would have to find out for himself.

The bay stallion seemed to be nearing the centre of the land mass by the indication of the landscape changing, the stallion huffed, steam streaming out of his nostrils as he halted for a moment, taking a look around to see if there was anyone near him, surely by now he was more likely to meet someone, he hoped he wasn't entirely alone.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan] Here's a quick starter, it ain't anything special but it should do the job lol
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    His meeting with Aziz had been pure luck, or coincidence; a short getaway after which he'd had to return, but not before giving his companion directions to the northernmost island. The man was a builder - but he needed either more practice, or something sturdier to build with. Leilan is rather curious if it would work; the cold, frozen landscape could perhaps be better moulded, or turn out to be too brittle (in which case the roan would perhaps suggest using rocks only). Or, maybe if he gave it an extra layer of dragon-ice, it might be sturdier as well.

They'll see. For now, he roams the island, wondering what else to do with it. Not many people had yet reported to him that they wished to stay here (well, in fact he was pretty sure about Cam, Phasus, Ard, and Jesper; but he hadn't really spoken to many of them yet and it wasn't official he supposed - to be honest he had not seen Castile around lately either, or his son Gilt, and he wondered if they'd just up and left). People might be in hiding, or just away for the winter season, which he could understand considering the current biting cold. Yet he'd hoped for something more out here, he thinks. After all, what is a land without inhabitants? Or should he just gather the lot of them from the Field, himself?

He realizes he's not quite sure what to do.

His mesmerizing gets interrupted by the sound of a voice - ah, if it isn't the earth manipulator. Perhaps if the land had some more shelters like they'd briefly discussed, more souls would find themselves able to stay even through this harsh season. The bay roan nears the bay, he seems wet from the swim and the scaled stallion wonders if he's cold. Yet he has nothing to give him to get warm - alas, his attunement to the ice means he doesn't get cold himself, but also that he only has ice to share with others. Well, besides a warm smile or a hug that is, but he wouldn't go so far as to start cuddling a newly-made friend.

"Aziz, welcome. Told you it'd be cold." he tells the bay, an easy smile across his features. "Though this is about the worst, I think - mid winter. I hope the others aren't all in hiding for the whole season, but honestly, we've just about started it up recently, what with this land being completely new and all." Later than it should have been, but still, it was a start. Now perhaps if he could get things running smoothly - ah, well, he should be more patient perhaps.

"How do you like the island so far? I wouldn't want to keep you if it doesn't suit you." he asks, more serious in tone there - he knows many horses are stubborn enough to make and keep a promise, but if it makes them unhappy, he'd rather not bind them to it.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

The face of the bay male was filled with delight as he was approached by Leilan, thankful that he didn't have to wander around by himself, although it was cold, company made it easy to forget.
    The bay male is met with a welcoming greeting, his head nodding thankfully as Leilan spoke to him, mentioning how cold it was. Aziz smiled as Leilan continued to talk about the island, listening contently, almost forgetting about how brutally cold it was.

Soon enough Leilan was asking Aziz about how he felt on the island, the male perked his ears and looked around for a moment "Well despite how cold it is, I quite like it" he smiled as he looked back toward the other stallion "On top of that you make it quite inviting, so it's very welcoming" the male nods for a moment and looks around again "I would be happy to get to work as soon as you would like me to, I'm sure I can use this terrain in some shape or form, if domes do not work I could always try going underground" Aziz had never tried this but if the harsh land did not allow him to create shelters then he would have to compromise with nature, finding a different route to solve the problem.
    Aziz paused for a moment and looked at the ground, pawing at it with his icy hooves "I haven't actually tried changing the terrain yet, I shall give it a small go" The stallion turned away from Leilan and as usual his hooves melt into the earth almost instantly, the male shuts his eyes and attempts to shift the terrain, for a moment he trembles violently, finding it difficult to shape this new medium, but after a few moments a small pillar erupts from the earth, it was short and not particularly impressive but he did not want to waste his energy.

With the test complete Aziz returns his gaze toward Leilan, a smile already appearing on his face "Well it seems that works, it is a little difficult but it should be alright" The stallion stares at the pillar behind them, gleaming as the sun hits its icy base, the pillar does not crumble and remains intact, hopefully, the rest of his structures would do the same.
    The stallion now awaits his orders, if he is to be given any, Aziz was used to issuing orders himself, but now things seemed to change at the speed of light and he did not particularly have any say in the matter, all he could do for now is give as much help as he could to others.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    It feels.... new, to him or, perhaps just a bit unnatural? Recruiting had never been his forte, but perhaps just talking about one’s home in the enthusiastic manner that he could, well... maybe there really was nothing much to it. Still, it felt a little weird. As if he had some kind of responsibility over the man, even though Aziz, as an adult male, was quite capable of living by himself.

Huh.

As a matter of fact, when people are somehow thankful to him, he manages to feel uncomfortable about it in a way. Kinda stupid when he thinks about it, really.

That’s not what Aziz came here for, he thinks. He came to make use of his gifts, not to find a dumbfounded Leilan on an icy land.

This runs through his head for a moment, a moment in which Aziz has time to look around the island before continuing the conversation. The roan nods a moment. ”I hope it’s workable, but if we need the cold for a structure to hold, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m pretty okay with ice, though I wouldn’t deem it sufficient for detailing.” A toothy grin follows, his icy blue eyes flashing brightly. Perhaps he could be useful himself, too.

The bay earth-shaper does a small test-run, which Leilan then watches with interest. It seems to take a while, and perhaps more effort than Aziz is used to - or he’s out of practice. But in the end, even frozen (and perhaps therefore, a bit unwilling) ground, is just ground still, and so it responds.

Aziz seems to be waiting for him to initiate something, but honeslt,y Leilan is no expert with earth. It gives him the same feeling as when Ard, and even Castile once (maybe a year ago), had responded to him and he’s not quite sure he’ll ever get used to it. They’re his brothers, not his subjects. As is Aziz, Leilan thinks. Or will be, when he learns of them.

He looks from the pillar to the bay male. ”Perhaps I should give you a tour? This area here is about, nearly in the middle of the southern half of the island, and might make a good meeting place if the ground here is workable for you. I figure if a somewhat larger group could gather here and shelter from the northern winds, that would be ideal.” Looking around, then back to Aziz he adds, ”But it really doesn’t all have to be done in one day.” After all, running too fast with magic, well - it could end up with Aziz tiring himself too much and the structure being less sound. If he is indeed responsible for the man, then perhaps he should be the one checking his boundaries.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz] this may be all over the place because I got distracted several times :’)
    |

The bay male was quite keen on staying here, he liked the way leilan ran things so far, even if he looked slightly unnacostumed to the way Aziz behaved around the leader, he was alright with it, but for now he did not dwell on it, a job on the horizon that had to be completed.

He listens to the roan as he speaks about the ground beneath them, a small smile appearing on the side of his own muzzle. In truth, Aziz could use the ground as long as it allowed him to, in a sense if it was too hard to mold to his liking he would take it as the earth refusing to move, something he was completely alright with.
    Leilan immediately follows up with the suggestion of a tour, the bay man's head already nodding as they began to walk "I would love to see the island, if we come across anything with softer terrain then it would be the ideal location" Aziz did not know if this was a big ask or not, he simply did not know if there was any softer ground around the island, maybe all of it was completely hard.

Leilan suggests that Aziz does not have to do it within a day, the stallion smiles and turns to the stallion in a friendly manner "I wouldn't worry too much" he starts softly "I will do whatever I can and as much as I can to help you and your people" he spoke like he wasn't going to stay, shortly disappear after making the buildings, but this was not true, Aziz would love to remain on the island "I'll space it out but it shouldn't take more than a couple of days" he looks back to the road ahead "Plus, I need a home too, don't I?" he laughed lightly as his pelt shivered, his mane already quite dry and bristly, although he did not seem to mind too much.

They both walked at a pretty even pace, Aziz always maintaining his position slightly behind the frontline of Leilan, he was just used to doing so with his father, taught to show any leader respect whenever he could.
    Whenever he visited a strange land he would follow this rule, just something he was quite used to.
    As they walk the snow begins to sound softer, his feet almost slipping slightly with the change of grip "This looks suitable, it's easier to mold if you would like it done quickly. Of course, if it isn't in the right position then we can keep moving" the stallion states as he halts, peering down at the ground and then back up to Leilan.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Aziz reassures him in a way, saying he would be able to spread the work over a few days. To that, Leilan slowly nods, wondering briefly if the bay would rather not stay here - until he says he’ll need a home, too. The roan grins at that, remembering the looser structure Aziz had let collapse on their first meeting.

”I do hope it’ll be one to last a bit longer than the previous one,” he teases, then walks with the stallion in a western direction. ”Out there’s our only forest, as you can see. It’s our best source of food and shelter.”

The bay comments on the ground being softer and easier to work with here, to which Leilan nods slowly. ”I’d rather you don’t mess up a meadow, so check for grass before you start to work. On the edge of those little meadows, maybe the ground is still soft enough but we won’t be building on our few food sources?” he asks. With only so many little meadows around, he’d not want to tear up the ground exactly here but, if Aziz could work around them, that would be great.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz]
    |

Aziz is quick to join Leilan as they walk west, watching him as they both returned to eachother's conversation, Leilan mentions the previous sttructure he had built, the one that had crumbled behind him as he left "Ah yes, I usually let my structures die when I leave them behind, I don't like sculpting the land if it does not need to be sculpted. When I build myself a home I usually destroy it as I leave and return the resources I have used" he gives a nod as they walk over the crunching ice, the cold seeping into his hooves.

Leilan speaks of the meadow and their food resources, the bay male did not have to build there, it would just be faster, or so he thought it would be anyway "That's alright, I could probably use some trees as bases, they would provide structural integrity, that's if there's nothing too important inside. I could also just use the trees that surround the outskirts of the forest, then nothing inside would be damaged" he grins, his gaze diverted to look in the direction of the forest, the large trees looming over everything else. He was quite happy to have the whole plan slowly coming together, glad he would be able to help everyone on the island.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    The bay is easy company, Leilan finds; hopefully others find him welcoming too. Not that he thinks it would be a problem otherwise, but it’d be good to have more than, say, two or three faces around to greet visitors.

The idea of using trees as a base seems intriguing, and the scaled roan nods to that. ”That seems like a good idea. The must be well-rooted.” he supposes (if they weren’t, they probably wouldn’t have been able to stay alive here). Looking around, he figures the forest is shelter enough on it’s own. ”I think I’d like some shelters near the lone trees better - the forest itself is thick enough, and it won’t do to have everyone hide between the trees all day. The isle is unwelcoming enough in itself without all of us hiding away.” he grins. Then, he nods to the North. ”Out there is the snowy tundra - never dethaws, not even in summer. It’s beautiful but I wouldn’t recommend going there now, in the midst of winter. Feel free to explore it later if you want.”

Now, he turns south. ”I’m thinking somewhere along the coastline we’ll need some wind shields. For visitors that like to wait on the borders, to at least shield them from the worst of the winds. Wherever that is convenient for you to work on, of course.” he says, looking over the vast expanse towards the sea in the south. Most winged visitors will come that way; other will come from Nerine in the east.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz] idk maybe we can end it here and pretend that’s how they met Pteron in the other thread?
    |

The dark bay nods as they walk, happy to hear that Leilan had agreed to his idea, his head still nodding to the idea of the lonesome trees "That would be fine" he adds quietly as they both stare around their surroundings, Aziz making sure to listen to the stallion who obviously knew his land well.

Now they turn south, Leilan explaining the thought of a wall alongside the coastline, Aziz smiles, liking that the Leilan was taking initiative toward his abilities. The bay smiles again, his lips parting to speak, nostrils flared, expelling the warm air from inside "That should be easy to do, I'm sure that there is plenty of rock and soil beneath the water that I could use" It seemed like a good idea, well thought of by the icy male.
    The stallion changes the direction of his thoughtful gaze back to Leilan once more "Just let me know how big you would like it and how long it should be" he nodded in addition.

It already seemed warmer as both of them spoke of their plans, Aziz quite excited by the whole thing "If you would like I could probably make a shelter or two at the forest site if it suits you, the quicker we get out of this darn cold the better" he gives a hint of a laugh as he looks back out at the forest, he had purposely been resting in order to be able to create one or two shelters, he could make these today and then continue later.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Leilan] Yeah sure that would be fine