• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night | Ardashir

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He hadn’t needed to think long or hard on how he wanted Icicle Isle to be. To him, all was as logical as could be. People had had a hard time accepting a ruler at all, and they were all subsequent to Nerine anyway - his chosen title had everything to do with that. Besides, king is an ugly word (especially when you’ve grown up around Amazons, perhaps).

But to have a council, one should fill it with people. Jesper was an obvious choice (had everybody opposed to Leilan ruling, his foxy Brother would have been his own choice to replace him). Camomila was, too - in a sense, just to not wholly pass her by, because she had always been the first claimer. She’d lost her rights to rule partly for being quiet, maybe, but not because she was unable as a person. She was a much greater diplomat than he and so, there was one spot left.

Here, to be honest the roan has debated two choices who would both have been great. But one was simply more present than the other, and so it is the white giant that gets first pick.

So the ice-clad prince (he still needs to get used to his own made-up title, stupid as it may sound) trots over to the large white spot that can’t be missed. ”Ard, can I ask you something?” Serious in tone for once, but accompanied by an easy smile, for this is not something as troubling as his last question to the great white had been.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Ardashir
    The stag was indeed not hard to miss. Even with the winter setting in heavy on the isle. Ard seemed to be spending more time on the isle, though that might have been due to the fact Nalia was there and carrying their child. He wanted to be close. He owed it to the winged mare and, maybe a little to himself. The ivory stallion had not known his parents and there was that slight need to have his own child, or children know him.

A voice filled with serious weight came up from his side and that left ear of his swung out first. The draft stallion then turned his head to look upon the Ice prince. A small smile crossed his lips a moment. His white forehead was stained still with old blood but, two buddlings of horns had at least stopped the itching that had plagued him.

What is on your mind?” He answered Leilan and turned to face the other stallion out of respect. “ I hope you are wearing that crown with pride, and the wisdom that it represents.”  
    Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    Since announcing to lead the island, Leilan unfortunately hadn't seen many show up yet; not entirely sure if anyone wants to stay or go back to Nerine. Well, with the exception of Jesper, of course - and Aziz, a man he'd brought here himself. So that's one thin he needs to ask the great white, he thinks; before going on to the next question.

He grins at the white stud's greeting and mentions a crown, and so, the roan gives him a bit of a wry-smiling shrug at his question. "Many things and none at the same time, though I think that doesn't make me wise yet. But, to be specific, I was hoping you'd stay with us here, and keep providing us with your wisdom. I've been thinking Icicle Isle doesn't need many ranks or a lot of structure, with it being an extension of Nerine, but one can't be skilled in everything." Having another around who'd already held a title of importance in Nerine, perhaps he'd be up for keeping that up together with something new - it practically the same thing, after all.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    |
    Ardashir
    The isle was still new enough that maybe horses did not know it existed sitting in the salty cold ocean. Then again, maybe it was just too hard to get to for some. Those blessed with wings had a better chance of making it to the isle. Swimming was relatively safe but cold and there was the off chance of something slithering around ones legs as they made progress. Ard would have to try to make an effort and go to the meadow, and field once more to see if there were a few willing to take the trek.

He listened to the roan stallion and chuckled a moment. “I am glad that at least one of us has done the thinking. I admit I am not very good at the planning part of all this. Though, that is because I only know so much about it all. The lands rose horses showed up to claim them, and Nerine our home had some come over to claim this spot of land, and then little foggy on the next part. And, here you stand now leading.” He chuckled a little, “ Do forgive me for not keeping up with it all..

Leilan asked nexto to Ard to stay on the isle. The stallion swung his ears back thinking a moment. “ A hard request to ask of me. I would not wish to disappoint our queen by staying but, I also do not wish to disappoint you as well.”  His eyes looked to his ice controlling brother. “ True enough that no one horse can be skilled at all things. As long as I can travel freely between here and Nerine I will stay and help you Leilan. I am at the queens and your call.” He bowed his head a moment.    
    Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    They’d need to send out diplomats soon, the scaled stallion thinks - sooner rather than later, since others had already showed up while Nerine and the Isle both seemed to be in disarray. It wouldn’t do to remain silent after that image - but to show them a change, this change had to actually have come to pass.

Perhaps just wait till spring then. But not too long after that. Ardashir admits to not having kept up with the politics, which Leilan can’t blame him for. If he hadn’t been one of the claimers himself - if Heartfire had done it, or Jesper - he wouldn’t have been able to keep up either, perhaps lost interest. Yet here he was: the idiot with a kingdom. No, Princedom really. Which was lucky enough for him, having a slightly less responsibility that Breckin had with Nerine.

The great white thought long on his requst, then stating he did not wish to disappoint either. Leilan shakes his crest a little, rearranging his mane and then looking to the larger stud. ”This is a territory, and I think we could therefore see it as an extension of the Kingdom. So that means moving back and forth is not a problem to me, and if Nerine needs you more than we do here, then don’t hesitate to go there. I’ll trust you to judge where you are needed, on your own. But I was hoping you’d accept a position in our soon-to-be council, next to your role as general of Nerine?”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    |
    Ardashir
    The veil of diplomacy was something that Ardashir had never been able to push past. The fact might have been that he did not want to learn about it. Or, he just did not like to talk much and all that diplomat work seemed like nothing but long talks. The disarray that had taken place was seeming to be something that Nerine was going to have to climb up and out of one solid step at a time.

The claiming of lands was something he was not familiar with either. He was still getting used to the idea of having a mare to look after. A whole land of horses with their comings and goings. The meetings that had to be in the works as well to keep the peace between those that had come. It made his head spin just a little but, not enough to dissuade him from ever possible trying. He was not about to challenge the ice prince though. The white stag happy to serve under him with the added benefit that Nalia was with in reach on the isle.

He nodded his head a couple more times listening to Lelian speak. Ardashir knew that he could freely travel between this sister kingdom and Nerine. The ice stallion seemed to be comforting Ard telling him that The isle was a subkingdom and as such that the white stag could remain loyal to Nerine and Breckin, as well as Icicle Isle, and Lelian. The ease of travel though for the stallion was a bit of work swimming took its toll when it was cold. Ardashir was not going to complain though he had made it thus far between the two lands just fine.

I have been assured by you and by Breckin that while I serve Nerine I also serve the isle here. And, vice versa. So, forgive me for rambling on the same subject. And, thank you for clearing up that while I serve one I also serve loyally under the other.” Leilan then spoke of a position on a council to be set up. The large draft stallion nodded his horn growing head. “ I would like to help you. I will take up this offered position. I hope that I am able to serve well.”  

Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    The white giant seems more comfortable now and, also remembers now perhaps that this wouldn’t be a problem to Breckin, either. Leilan smiles a bit, waiting for the idea to fully settle with Ard. Only after that, the nearly-horned stallion seems willing to accept the position, of course.

Well, it wasn’t as if he’d asked to give his loyalty of one, up for another. That’s something Leilan himself had been offered once before, which he then had of course refused. It wouldn’t do to ask that of anyone. Besides, however much Arthas had refused to understand it, loyalty and respect were things that needed to be earned. Leilan just hoped he was worthy of Ardashir’s.

”I’d be happy for you to join us, and I think you’ll do very well, my friend. I hope to set up a small meeting for those I have in mind for the council, soon.” he offers. Ard might have met them before but, it would be good for everyone to know who they could turn to.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    I think this is anatural ending? I hope to finish the rank board soon and get a council meeting and kingdom meeting up, I’ll tag you in those if you like ^^
    |
    @[Leilan]
    I have to agree with you. That would be nice also for the tagging in the future meeting. Thank you for the opportunity to help this new land.