• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your soft fingers between my claws // any
    His walk is swaying. Side to side he rocks, one meaty paw in front of the other, shoulder blades rise and falling like pistons in an engine.He is silent and looming, and altogether at home in the meadow. 

But the afternoon grows late he begins to feel the need to fill his belly, a task which was always easier with another of his kind by his side. Atone he was all for economy of effort.  He huffs the air noisily, tasting it for any trace left by a passing member of his carnivorous family, but whatever may be there is overpower by the heavy scent of prey. 

The lion's broad face tilts towards the sinking sun, a throaty call reverberating across the meadow. He waits for a moment, perfectly still, but the air is full of only lesser noises. Insects and birds titter, the grasses rustle against each other, and somewhere far away, a whinny sounds.

With a sigh, the topaz lion throws his weight into the earth - a puff of dead grasses and stardust filling the air around him. 

Looks like you hunt alone tonight, he thinks, but not before a nap. 

@[The Plague] Roll? Smile

keep your dreams in check

Rouhi stands still as a foreboding scent of flesh hits his nostrils, the winged grulla moves forward along the ridge-line, the scent tantalising him to move forward for whatever reason, the gust of  wind was flowing directly at him now, his wings resisting the airflow as he steadied himself. Rouhi could feel he was going to re-birth again quite soon, his hooves were already becoming extremely hot to the point where steam was beginning to escape "Again?" he mutters noiselessly as he moves forward, sliding into a balanced trot as he looked for a place to rest, his eyes dancing around the meadow once more as he rushed forward, unsure of why he was back in the plague filled land, there was always the possibility of bringing a friend back to the land he was introduced to. The stallion now slowed to a halt, the scent was slightly more worrying this time but he payed no attention to it, instead he lay himself comfortably next to a large birch tree, watching it sway gently as the wind calmed, the clouds above slowing until they were hardly moving. 

The stallion's hooves calmed for a moment, he was relieved that it was not the time for re-birthing yet, the whole process is rather dramatic and time-consuming and so he would rather avoid it. The grulla now drifted slowly to sleep, he was tired from all the journeying he had done recently, his grey wings drooping to the ground as he stretched them in comfort, he had never actually tried to fly with them before, all they have ever helped with was balanced and small boosts of speed here and there, otherwise they were completely useless.  Calmly, the stallion began to drift off into a deep dream, rolling onto his side as his imagination began to flourish.

Rouhi

@[Atone]
    @[Atone] is safe from the plague. For now. (rolled a 4)

@[Rouhi] has been infected by the plague (rolled a 5).
    He is a carrier (rolled a 6).
    He will not express a trait (rolled a 1).
    From his side he rolls onto his back, idly watching some insect bubble about his snot. Wide paws neatly rest one atop the other on his ribcage, and the grasses wave above him. Despite his impressive size, the young lion remains hidden yet annoyingly, awake. With a low grow he swats the honeybee, sending its crushed form flying at a speed which the poor creature had never experienced before, and would never experience again. 

Somewhat appeased, he closes his eye, the liquid amber of them shuttered against the dying sun. 

But the scent of a large herbivore grows stronger, and soon the closeness of the creature is hard to ignore. Atone rolls back onto his belly, crouched low are barely breathing. Through the latticework of summer sweet-grass, he watches as horse beds down, sinking into the meadow and out of sight. 

He slinks forward, closing the distance between them with the practiced ease of a predator in his element. 

In a flattened bed of meadow-weeds the horse lies, unsuspecting. Heavily, the lion sits back onto his haunches his tail whipping back and forth in mild agitation. This young stallion was in his prime and armed with magic. He wasn’t normal prey. Atone can smell the heated scent of enchantments working in the air around them; only a starving fool would try to make an easy meal out of such a being. Even if he was just a horse. A very sleepy horse.

Unsheathing his claws he reaches out, and taps the other male twice, right between the eyes. 

“Wake up, Horse.”

The grulla male felt a weird and sharp tap on his forehead, quickly followed by another, at first he thought he was just having some sort of wild dream in which he was being visited by an entity, but he wasn't, in fact, he was now laying in front of a predator, his eyes slowly opening to reveal its husky paws sinking into the damp grass "That is not a horse" he mumbled aloud, still waking from his previous slumber. The stallion looked up, his eyes revealing a large feline standing in front of him, his body convulsed slightly as he jolted upright and onto his legs, his wings supporting his rise. He stood surprised for a moment but for some reason did not feel fear, the stallion tilted his head for a moment "Uh, hello there?" his tone began to question itself as he steadied himself on the ground, his body not as warm as it was before he slept, Rouhi had thought that he was in the process of re-birthing, but something seemed to have stopped the process.

The male quickly reverted his attention to the rather quiet lion, he wasn't quite sure of what to say, he had never met one himself and didn't particularly know of their lives nor activities, the stallion stood tall once more "I am Rouhi, it is nice to meet you" he tried to remain calm in his tone, the fact that he was introducing himself to a lion was a bit more than strange, he didn't even know if the lion would reply, for all he knew he could get eaten in the next few moments. But for now, the stallion awaited a reply, his wings now calmly standing at his side.

Rouhi

@[Atone] Hey sorry for the late reply! I usually stare at the "View today's posts" bar but I must have missed your reply, so sorry to keep you waiting!
    Horse jumps, and Atone's lips pull back in a lazy sort of smile. A gesture which would probably look a little like a grimace to anyone not familiar with feline smiles as long, ivory incisors flash in dusk's light. He leans back to avoid being struck by a stay hoof or wing in the large mammal sudden rise to his feet, a satisfied laugh rumbled deep within his broad ribcage.

It's nice to meet you, the startled creature says, and Atone just nods as his honey-gold gaze floats across the now-standing horse.  It hadn't really been his intention to make this stallion his dinner, but he realizes that now any opportunity to do just that is completely gone. This strange would not make an easy meal, but perhaps he could still provide some sort of entertainment.  

The lion's silent evaluation of the tall pegasus continues as his facial features return to their usual, relaxed arrangement, his only movement the occasional flick of his tail. 

He was never in a rush.

"You smell like magic, Rouhi." the lion finally says, his broad face tilting ever so slightly as he presents his curiosity innocently enough. "What sort of trick are you hiding?"

The stallion was quite assured when the feline in front of him assumed a neutral position, or at least he assumed so, at least he wasn't in the feline's jaws quite yet. He didn't have to wait long before they were exchanging conversation once again, the lion before him asking of his magic and what tricks Rouhi had up his sleeves.
    The stallion's smile grew as he shook himself quietly, shaking off the last feelings of tiredness and lust for sleep. Rouhi paused and then opened his soft lips to speak "Well what kind of magic do I smell like?" he asked curiously, he wasn't really one for scenting himself, especially after being told he smelled like the thing he was created of, or at least partly.

The stallion raised his wings and extended him "I do not hide anything, everything you see right here is what I posses. That and I spontaneously combust into flames every once in a while" the grulla stallion smiled again as he shifted his position "Don't be alarmed though, something is preventing me from rebirthing and I've no clue what is causing it, so the likelihood of me combusting is pretty low right now" his tone was humorous and lighthearted, although he was standing in front of a carnivore he was weirdly comfortable.

Rouhi shifted his weight as his legs started to become restless, his eyes searched the meadow as he awaited a reply, his ears facing the defined cat as he listened, his eyes now returning to face the stranger. What if Rouhi could befriend a carnivore, not only would his desire for friendship be satisfied but he would also gain the perk of not being eaten, however weird that may seem.  

Rouhi

@[Atone] @[The Plague]
    "Hmm," the lion replies to his new companion's question, followed by a deep chuckle. "A little, burnt, actually."  

It turns out his nose had not lied to him, he discovers, as Rouhi continues. A feline brow raises in interest as the stallion quips about spontaneous combustion, confirming once again that he had made the right choice when he took the more civilized route.

But as he continues, one word in particular causes his appetite to flare again. 

"Are you trying to rebirth, as you call it?" His question is loaded, of course, if this horse was going to transform into a foal sometime soon then maybe his hopes of a fine dinner were not squashed after all. But is look is far from sinister, it has hardly changed.

In the west, the sun grows closer and closer to the golden horizon line and Atone casts his gaze skyward momentarily. The first stars are appearing in the east, and he can nearly taste them. He draws a minuscule amount of starlight towards himself,  intertwining the light between the tendrils of his mane. The glow is nearly imperceptible, easily mistaken for a trick of the eyes, but he likes to have the starlight close should he need it. 

"I may be able to help you with that," he suggests, his weighted gaze returning to the Pegasus.

The stallion blinks at the feline with distrust in his eyes "Yes, I believe the plague is preventing me from it" his lip quivers as he takes up a stance, his ears perkee vividly toward the carnivore.
    The stallion's wings softly tilt as he listens to the creature continue in speech, the feline suggests that he has the ability to help Rouhi, but the usually naive stallion does not falter this time "And how would you be able to do that?" for the first time the stallion's smile changes into an expression of disgust, if it even was that.

Rouhi was quite content on staying alive, not particularly one to like being eaten by a giant lion, then again his rather poor skills in the art of combat did not really aid him well, he hadn't even tried flying with his wings before, too afraid of falling to his death, oh then he would be lonely for sure.

Rouhi

@[Atone]
    Atone wonders what gave him away as the young stallion's demeanor suddenly changes. No longer is Rouhi the relaxed peer laughing man to man with a stranger in the meadow. He is a prey animal on the defensive. Atone's amber eyes lock on that quivering lip, feeling the other's anxiety spark his ancient instincts, his mind screaming at him to spring now. 

But his logic overrides his feral instincts - logic and self-preservation. 

"Doesn't sound to me like you really want to know," he replies with a disappointed sigh. For the first time since he stumbled across the sleeping horse, the lion stands to his full height. With a shake of his heavy crest, he yawns again. The displaced stardust rises around him and he doesn't try to hide it this time. Sparkles and light-dust fill the shadowy air between them and he smiles. 

"I thought we were friends," he purrs, but he knows there is no going back once he has seen the unbridled disgust on his companions long face.

"But I see," he sighs, his voice growing wounded though he doesn't feel it, "nothing can be done about that now."