• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just to be alone with you; Carwyn
    As the world grows warmer, Jhene's belly grows no wider. The appaloosa has assumed the worse, that the blindness of her eyes was tied to a flaw in her womb, that fate did not want her to be a mother. That seems true once again, for despite the passionate efforts of the piebald king of Ischia, Jhene remains barren this spring.

She distracts herself with other responsibilities: Ivar has told her that she and Carwyn - a mare she has not met - are to go to Tephra. Meeting Carwyn seems a good first step in that plan, and the appoloosa mare is standing on the beach hoping to achieive this. She calls out, hopeful that the other mare is nearby. Going to look for her would be useless; Jhene cannot see at all from one eye and her vision is blurred in the other for anything farther away than a few meters.

"Carwyn?" she calls cautiously, and then louder: "Carwyn!?"

@[Carwyn]
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    Carwyn had been on her way to find Jhene whom she hadn't met yet. The winged mare heard her name being called out and decided to follow the sound. She found a spotted mare when she heard her name. She gave the other mare a small smile as she took in her appearance. She said "Hello. Are you Jhene? Its a pleasure meeting you." She gave out a small sigh as awaited palomino spotted mares answer.
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin

@[Jhene]
    With a slightly narrowed gaze, Jhene is able to make out the mare coming closer. She is also winged, the palomino can see, and the realization brings a slightly bittersweet smile to her pretty face.

"I am. It's nice to meet you too, Carwyn." Jhene responds, nodding her head in a polite greeting. While the appaloosa is no well-bred lady, her parents had taught her to be polite and respectful to others since she was a gangling foal.

"It's low tide," she adds, gesturing at the retreating waves that have begun to reveal the sandbars they can cross to reach Tephra. "Should we get started on our trip? I'd like to walk there if you don't mind." Jhene rolls a shoulder, causing one of her pale wings to flex. She winces as though she has a bit of soreness in the right wing.

"What do you know about Karat?" Jhene asks as she takes a step forward toward the mainland. "I didn't get the chance to meet her. Did you?"
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The blue roan winged mare gave the other a small smile. Carwyn took in the other mares words as she talked. She said "I don't mind walking and we can begin our trip." She thought about what she knew about the lavender mare which was hardly anything. The winged girl opened her wings and closed them to stretch them out a bit. Carwyn placed a bright smile on her face and said "I don't know much about her but I did meet her. She and her twin was here trying to claim the land but left abruptly."
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin

@[Jhene]