• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fiery Dreams, Any!

Keep dreaming

The checkered stallion made his way into the field, cautiously observing the vast expanse of white sea as he hauled himself hesitantly into a wide opening, he wasn't expecting the disease ridden lands to be this appealing, the snow glistened and formed delicate and attractive shapes, almost like a softened light show. The stallion then stationed his wings comofortably to his side, twitching them slightly as the cold overcame his numb body, this particular individual used to reside in warmer lands, never really having experienced the touch and feeling of cold snow, the stallion snorted uncomfortably as areas on his legs became drenched in cold sludge, he reassigned himself to a rockier part of the vicinity, slowly moving as his legs trembled, today he would rebirth into a cleaner and almost younger pristine version of himself, he could already feel the warmth overiding his brain as he walked. Rouhi now moved toward a small tree, he was still young and not fully used to the whole rebirthing course, he only knew that it would happen spontaneously, at any point he could suddenly combust into wild flames, knowing this the svelte male lowered himself quietly to the ground, creating a small crater beneath him, he knew the time was close.

For a few hours the stallion lay silently still, almost looking like he had frozen to death, but it was quite the opposite, the stallion was now rapidly increasing in heat, steam starting to rise from his tender body and disappearing into the cold air, he began to breathe more violently as he became piping hot, almost sizzling, he couldn't quite feel how hot he was but it was not comfortable in the slightest. The stallion stood upright as flames started to erupt from his hooves, usually quite a worrying sight for a normal horse, even he wasn't really quite used to it yet. Soon enough the horse was smothered in flames, feather-like images sprouting from his burning carcass as it dropped to the floor, spreading ashes over the white sludge, melting away the snow close to him to reveal the rocks beneath, the hot snow that had melted now departed into other piles of snow, the stallion was now a pile of  grey ashes, surrounded by charred rocks and gravel, soon enough the ash began to sway as the breeze picked up in strength, again a flame sprouting from the pile as a new form violently emerged from inside the flame, a clean and blightless version of Rouhi stood silently, wings still forming by his side as she shook his body uncomfortably, usually this rebirthing caused quite a lot of damage but because of the snow it only lightly charred the rocks.  Finally, Rouhi had rebirthed, it had been tormenting him for weeks now, not knowing when he would spontaneously combust into oblivion, but now that he was scarless and his wings were fully formed and without deformations, the stallion moved along enthusiastically, calling out to see if anyone was nearby, or if anyone had seen what had happened to his body.   

R O U H I

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

From Hyaline she followed the river, passed cautiously through the foothills of The Mountain, raced joyfully through the meadow. She is not sick. Not yet. It seems inevitable, so many have fallen already but Kensa has found herself unable to continue to linger on her fears. Life has gone on, each day the sun rises, more snow falls (she lives in the mountains but she is no great fan of snow), and Beqanna continues to sustain the little bugs on its back.

Upon arriving in the field, once more in winter, she again finds it an ugly grey place. It is not as busy as it had been last winter, but she’d hardly seen a soul during her journey down here. Many we’re keeping themselves separated from strangers in order to avoid infection. Kensa is not. The day she had volunteered to leave the safe land of Silver Cove and watch over Hyaline she had signed her name to a contract that stated she would not turn her back on her home, on the sick, on the lost looking for the Sanctuary that has so long waited in the mountains of her home.

She is not special, she has no gifts other than her personality and her rough cut beauty. But still she braves the wide world with the same bright tenacity she always has.

Scanning the field with her clear topaz eyes she cannot miss the bright glow of raging flames. Bounding through the snow to investigate she soon finds herself about 20 feet from the pyre and she thinks--is that a horse burning in those flames? Curiosity keeps her eyes trained on the sight but she tosses her head in a nervousness that she cannot help until the emergence of a grulla painted stallion stills her. He is perfect, formed with an artistry that keeps her silent for a long moment...and then he is turning towards her, and her open surprised face, colored by awe, turns to a soft smile. She is not shy, but the surprise of this strangers...whatever that was...has stolen her words.

“What...just happened?” She asks the stranger in a soft voice, stepping closer, trying to pretend to be appropriately wary but she is bursting to be near the stranger, to check if he is flesh and blood. She stretches her muzzle to greet him, to breath him in and see if he smells of wood smoke or just of stallion.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Rouhi] HELLO! Big Grin

Keep dreaming

The stallion's interested was now fully focused on a mare that had approached him, his tender skin shook as he stretched himself, he readied himself to formulate a greeting but before he could even open his pink muzzle to speak he was questioned about the origin of the blaze. If Rouhi was to answer honsetly he never really knew what went on, all he had to go on was stranger's astonished questioning and the sight of his own hooves burning, which was definitely quite a worrying sight at first. "Oh..." the stallion twitched his ears as he looked bellow him, the snow slowlly lurking back to cover the scorched rock, steam slowly dissapearing as he cooled down "Well uh, I rebirthed" he shot a smile, he hoped he hadn't looked too weird or perhaps dangerous when he went up in flames, the whole process was usually quite over the top, "I realise that may sound a bit weird as a conversation starter, my apologies" he shut his eyes and giggled sofly "My name is Rouhi, it is nice to meet you" he lifted his wing into the air, almost waving it as he smiled, now that he had cooled down he could relax and so he shook himself again and relaxed his tense frame.

Rouhi was quite glad that the mare hadn't arrived as he was erupting in flames, not only could it possibly endanger others but it could also quite possible scare some away, he was glad that this equine was quite curious and that she had the gut to come and investigate.  

R O U H I

@[Kensa] Hello! Apologies for the late reply, I believe we may be in different time zones C:

The melted snow and rising steam draws her gemstone eyes away from him, but they snap back quickly to the object of greatest interest. She is too stunned by his reply to recognize, at first, that she might have come across as rude right away even if the introduction were so entirely typical of her. Rebirth. A word that makes her think of Tahti, who after being killed by a bear last year appeared again as a young foal, alive and new. But this is something else, for he is full grown but also new.

Kensa, incorrigible explorer, steps closer as he shakes himself again and the ground around him appears to have cooled. “I’ve never seen anything like that. But I’m sorry, my name is Kensa. I could have said hello instead of questioning you.” A slight tilt of her head acknowledging that she’d been less than polite, though she laughs softly at herself, because it’s not the first time she’d had questions like that for someone she has just met. “Happy to meet you, Rouhi.” She adds, having closed the distance enough to touch her chocolate muzzle to his fresh pink one if he’ll allow her.

”You have done that before?” She asks, resuming their conversation without any reserve. She assumes he must have, because he is very calm about the whole thing, as though he’s been stepping--still half on fire--out of the flames all of his life. She has a million more questions, what precipitates this? Does it hurt? What does the inside of fire look like? But she knows that sometimes her curiosity can be a little overwhelming to others and she is too sweet tempered to deliberately make her company uncomfortable.

kensa

@[Rouhi] Oh no worries!

Keep dreaming

The grulla stallion accepted the mare's tender touch with a smile "It is nice to meet you" he replied merilly, watching the mare move with his ice-blue eyes, the stallion lifted his left back leg and propped himself comfortably, he now resumed his gaze toward the mare as she asked him a question, contently listening to her talk as he swayed gently. As the new question arose Rouhi paused to ponder for a moment "I have, a couple times, although I cannot remember each time as clearly" he replied with curiosity in his eyes, he now wondered why the mare herself was here, Rouhi was just exploring when he happened to come into his rebirthing cycle, but he didn't know much of the mare's origin or what she sought after, and so he returned a question, "So what brings you here" he asked placidly, tilting his head softly in question "If I may ask of course" he added with a soft laugh, knowing very well that some horses lead confidential lived.

As the stallion awaited an answer he couldn't help but notice the clouds roll in, a smooth breeze whispering nearby as it slowly made its way in, his wings gently ruffling as the wind softly uplifted them. The clouds were quite dark, not the dark type that a thunderstorm would bring but dark enough for snow, still something that he was quite interested in, the way it could form and grow in amount in split seconds but also disappear in a matter of the same time, he still had a lot to explore but these lands were definitely a good start to his endeavours.    

R O U H I

@[Kensa] I'm GMT btw!

Her quick mind turns over the little morsels of information that the stallions gives her. She is still curious but refrains from interrogating him. The wind is picking up, pulling at her flaxen mane and she looks towards the dark clouds rolling in over the lowlands. The air smells of new snow, and it was likely those clouds carry the big heavy flakes that like to stick and pile up. More snow here might mean more snow at home. Maybe she picked a bad time to go roaming.

“Oh, no I’ve no secrets. I just wanted to check in on this place, see if anyone was lingering out here.” She pauses, realizing that if she intended to come down and greet newcomers she was already remiss in one important area. Tucking her chin, she continues… “There is a plague run rampant in most of these lands, I’m sorry I should have said something right off. I’m so used to everyone being aware. Most people outside of the safelands… A pause, she redirects herself. “I am not ill, but many are. There are some safe places. I am an Ambassador of Hyaline, in the mountains. Most of our people have moved to a safe land called Silver Cove, where they are protected from the illness.”  Most people outside of the safe lands know they are at risk, bear the risk for one purpose or another. Kensa’s purpose is the preservation of her home, quiet as it is now that most have fled. She will stand in those mountains until something rips her from the earth.

kensa

@[Rouhi]
    @[Rouhi] is safe from the plague. For now. (rolled a 6)

@[Kensa] is also safe from the plague, for now. Lucky. (rolled a 2)

Keep dreaming

The stallion twitched his long wings as a breeze rampaged through the snow, picking it up and viciously throwing it around "A plague huh" he had heard rumours of it but did not think they were true, but not he knew he could be at risk "Would I be able to accompany you back toward one of these so called safe places" he asked politely, raisinh a wing to block out the wind as it increased in volume, howling at them irritatingly. The stallion was now a tad nervous, the palaver of ilness and suffering were not an easy topic, he paused for a moment as he looked around, returning his blue eyes to the mare in front of him.

"I hope not too many are affected, I, of course, don't know the scale of it all, I thought it was just a rumour" he added silently as he observed the clouds, the air thickening as the breeze tightened. He looked at the mare in slight worry "This doesn't look too great, we can probably count on being drenched sometime today" he added with a smile as he looked around the area, still empty and silent, untouched and still.

R O U H I

@[Kensa] Tinypic ain't working so my images are disappearing, whoops lol!

“Yes, I can show you the way.” She says, dragging her topaz eyes away from the storm and back to her new companion. “There are several safe lands, as I said...” There is no inclination in her to withhold that, and then she adds with genuine honesty. “But I think you will like The Sanctuary. Many of my friends are in the group that moved to safety in Silver Cove, and if you don’t want to stay they will be happy to tell you about other safe lands. Or, you can come and visit me, In Hyaline. Just next door, it's just not as plague free.” She laughs then, though the danger of illness isn’t funny she does need to find humor where she can. There are healers of course, people who can help the sick, but once again she cannot offer Hyaline solely when there is the safety of the Cove.

Bobbing her head once she points herself toward the mountains of Hyaline, they must pass through there before arriving at Silver Cove. She will show him the way and introduce him there. “I believe you’re right about the weather. Perhaps we can outpace it.” A grin then and she bounds forward, it’s a long trip but she can travel quickly for a long way. ”Care to test your newborn legs?” The chestnut teases, before loping off toward the river they will follow north.

The trip is long but will pass quickly if they move at a good pace.

kensa

@[Rouhi] So Kensa does live in Hyaline, but most of Hyaline's horses lives in Silver Cove where they wont get sick. So, if you want to post in Silver Cove, Kensa will come along with him and introduce him to people. Big Grin