• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    A reason to fight [Fairy]
    Fury. It was the only word that could properly, accurately, describe her current emotional state. The moment she set foot in Beqanna she dared to claim the frozen island as her own, and as a result got herself involved in the politics of the land and had to deal with, not only Nerine, but troublesome folk as well. That was all well and good; she didn’t have a problem proving herself to anyone. But the reason for her anger was herself. She had barely been in Beqanna for only a few days and had already begun to act as if Nerine and their residents were her own. Not authoritatively, but emotionally. The knowledge of this horrid plague gave worry for the Kingdom and those within. They needed help, and with Set and Phasus posing as such a threat, they needed as much help as they could get. 

Naturally, she offered her hand to give aid. She would let them stay as long as they please on the island, she would offer them safety by protecting them from any harm. And all she needed to do in order to be accepted into an alliance with Nerine is to let one of their own rule next to her. She was fine with that; she had no qualms with their proposal. 

But there was a problem.

Camomila just could not make sense of why they were willing to trust her enough to let her rule, though trust was not fully there, hence why she needed a co-ruler. She was magicless, and in all honesty, she had no idea how she could give the protection she had promised. If she stepped out of line she could easily be taken care of by the Kingdom. She couldn’t fight, and she couldn’t protect.

She sniggered to herself with a hint of disgust, all of her doubts free to unravel now that she felt she was alone. If it weren’t for that stallion, she never would have realized how much she needed magic to be a good ruler. ‘Can you heal the sick?’ He had asked. It shouldn’t have, but that question was burned into her mind. She cant stop thinking about it, furious with the fact that she couldn’t do anything to help those in Nerine. She felt useless, unable to fight and protect when the time arises. She wanted- no, needed magic to keep her word. There was positivity that Set and Phasus aren’t the only ones to worry about threatening Nerine and their ill ones; Leilan himself had specifically stated there are more out there with the same cruel ideals. What if they decided to make a move? What would happen if a war broke out between them and Nerine? She would be on the sidelines, incapable of lending a hand to Nerine.

This had become far bigger than just proving her worth and fighting to get back what she used to have. Now, it was for the sake of Nerine. She was determined to fight alongside them and ensure the safety of their ill ones. It pained her greatly to imagine the possibility where Set and Phasus get what they want. She couldn’t let that happen.

She won’t let that happen.

And so she came to the Mountain, knowing full well that it was the place where she could receive magic, if at all. She had been warned by Leilan to be cautious when coming, and so she heeded his words. She would not demand anything, and will only approach with the respect that would be given to a king, or someone even higher. The respect they deserve.

She hadn’t come for any specific magic, just something that she could use to help others. Whether it was powerful or just a simple thing, she didn’t care. Anything was better than what she had now. Anything would help. But something did keep demanding her attending. Single Animal Shapeshifting, or so she heard it’s called. With that, she’d be able to shift into an animal capable of fighting far better than she could in her current body. She thought a wolf would be suitable for her, if it were possible. Their powerful jaws and heightened sense of smell and hearing would all come in handy. But she wasn’t picky, and she knew that whatever the Fairies gave her would be more than perfect, if she got anything at all.

She just hoped the Fairies would at least be willing to listen.

“Fairies,” she finally spoke, unsure as to whether that was the proper way of addressing them. “Please, hear my plea. I have come to an agreement with Nerine concerning Icicle Isle, and I wish to help them with their ill ones. But there are some who are threatening their safety on the island, and I fear they may do more than cause unease amongst us.” She paused, carefully picking her words before continuing on, “I want to help them, to ensure their safety on the island. But I am without magic, you see...I need help.” Her desperation was voiced loudly in her tone, but determination shone in her eyes. Nerine needed help, and she was willing to give anything to help them. And if she had to give her life in return to ensure the safety of those she wishes to protect, then so be it.

This is my first time trying to get a trait, so let me know if I’m doing anything wrong. I’m hoping to get Single Animal Shapeshifting, as mentioned in the post, just to make sure things are clear. Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yo rolled a 2 and so will be granted a quest.

A flower blooms a few feet ahead of her, unfurling one petal and then another. Another, another, another unfurling from an impossibly tiny center until the blood red bloom is the size of Camomila's muzzle. The green mare will know - with no warning - that this flower is what she has asked for.

Any horse that takes a bite of it will be relieved of any Plague symptoms they suffer. Once Camomila has offered the flower to three horses and it has been entirely consumed, she can return back to the Mountain for another flower...or something more.

@[Camomila]