• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Goes Around, Comes Around {Any}
      The dank cavern she has called home for so many years began to constrict her breathing when a vision of the plague came to her.  She had thought something dark was to come, after nearly being compelled to the dark kingdom, but the light of day had saved her.  It had forced her to remain in the tunnels of the underground and by the time the night came, the world had known the wraith of diseased magic.

There was this feeling deep within her that dragged her from the places she hid from the world.  An instinct she was not familiar with and had only felt for a brief moment when she had compulled her daughter to forget of her.  It was for the better, she had convinced herself.  But now, as their world plummets into darkness, she is left to wonder if her flesh and blood has fallen victim to sickness.

As darkness consumes their world, she ventures from her haven to seek the child left in the care of her sister.  If it was true that the lands of old were plagued, then that meant Hyaline was no longer the sanctuary it had been.  Even Loess was not safe anymore.

She hadn't feared for her own life as she wandered through the cragged landscape of either land.  Finding it much too quiet for even the cover of night.  It was eerie, and though she was not afraid, worry caused her heart to flutter just the slightest.  Using her sharp hearing to find any source of life that remained here, she stilled to detect the frail heartbeat of another nearby...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

Open to anyone who is here still Smile
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

litotes

The nights of Hyaline are usually calm, though some are cruel in their temperature. It is a calm night, as it is most nights, for nearly all of Hyaline has fled its borders. Litotes is patrolling, still sick but not feeling as terribly (it comes and goes in waves, some longer than others). The fever hovers dangerously, but does not take hold - his only give away the ever persistent cough.

In his quiet and meditative state, he thinks of Kensa, hoping she is faring well. His mind begins to wander further into fantasies of a life they might have outside of the plague when Rune interrupts harshly:

Will you shut up and find her already? She is one of three things you cycle through fixating on. I miss when the fever made you hallucinate.

The sand cat does not really mean that, but it upsets Lie’s little bit of peace (something he gets so rarely). He immediately shifts into his lion-form, a power he has not learned to fully control. His shifting was triggered by anger this time, so his first action as lion is to jump and down in the hopes of smashing his little companion into the snow. Rune dodges and hops about, weaving circles through his legs. Finally, Lie gets one good swat in over her ears. She claws her way up his back, hissing and spitting but eventually curling up between his shoulders.

Litotes does not return to his original shape. Instead, he slinks through the snow, head and tail held low. He is sniffing out a foreign scent, one that speaks of a land he is not familiar with. It does not take long to find the mare, and when he does he refuses to shift.

He stands facing her, feline tail flicking back and forth.

“What brings you to Hyaline?

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kaurma]
    What started as a faint patter of blood flowing through veins, is now a roaring waterfall thrumming through her auditory senses.  Under the cover of night the creature nears with much more swiftness than that of any equine, expect for her of course.  Even in the dim lighting, her eyes pick up the slight figure of another.  

Upon further examination there are two others, one much more lithe than the next.  Her dark head tips with curiosity of the felines that present themselves before her so boldly.  It paints a smile on her black lips and flashes them a toothy grin. "I am looking for something I had left here... I'd like it back," her eyes glimmer in the light of the crescent moon.  

"Where has Solace disappeared to?" She asks ever so politely. Surely this plague could not have frightened the caretaker from her post...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

@[litotes] @[The Plague]
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

@[Kaurma] is safe from the plague. For now. (rolled a 4)
    litotes

Feline and languid, Litotes takes a seat and curls his tail around his paws. For the first time he submits to the predatory instincts, watching this equine through curious and slit eyes. She appears almost as feline, relaxed and too polite. The lion-man cocks his head and listens, perking round ears toward the near dangerous sound of her voice.

When she asks about Solace, Lie feels the first twinges of suspicion, though he still feels no threat. Rune draws a bit closer to her, attempting to sniff out whatever clues may reside on her coat. His eyes flick down to his companion, then right back up to the gaze of Kaurma.

“Solace may be around. She may also be in Silver Cove with her family - most of Hyaline has migrated there,” Lie begins, voice rumbling and different in this form. “My name is Litotes, General of Hyaline. I may be able to help in Solace’s absence.”

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kaurma]