• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  Sucked into the supermassive / Ardashir

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Not everybody wants to help. Now is the time of separation; some aren’t williing to leave their homes. He doesn’t ask them to come here with him or support him though. With most, he does’t need to. They know the importance of a safe land, and they seem to trust him. That he doesn’t want it for himself. That he claimed it so that they don’t have to. And that they’ll have a place to move to if they want.

Ardashir was quick to join him, standing by when talking to Cam. Not needed per say, perhaps, but appreciated all the same. Moral support was important. Any support was, because it would likely come to a vote or a battle. Ardashir knew how to do both.

Seeking the great white in the whiteness is a little harder than he’d hoped. Leilan reaches the heart-shaped lake without much trouble, ploughing through layers of snow like any good draft-bred horse would. Here, he tests the waters. Strange that it isn’t frozen. He breaths a but of ice into it, watching the little float go with the currents blown in by the wind. It might be magic, he thinks. Maybe he should leave it alone.

He turns to instead, stare mesmerizing at the tree. Would it come to life this spring?

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Ardashir
    Winter had a way of either tearing close bonds apart or forging them stronger for the coming spring. The silence of the world groaned at times and the smallest sounds seemed to roar. That, of course was dependent on what land you were traveling. The small creeks with their gentle bubbling was a kinder sound in the cold months. But, soon the world would be warming and the snow would part from some parts of the land. The world would reopen its eyes and blink anew with a was of grass, flowers, and all those little chittering creatures.

The stag had not yet taken it upon himself to venture into those cold waves of snow that rolled to the northern part of Icicle isle. The isle seeming to welcome the ghost as the snow enclosed around all around him. This land though calm now was a sight of great turmoil. How many were trying to claim it as their own now? He stood of course with his fellows in their claim. Ardashir might be a fool for it but, he wanted this place to be a safe haven for those who were sick and even those who were not. This was a place to be protected for them.

With a slow frosty breath out he took his first step into the deep snow and started north. The draft stallion kept up a even trotting pace as he worked through the snow. He kept his head a little low with his ears forward as he moved. His coat kept him a bit warmer in the winter than some of the other breed of horses that called beqanna home but, he still felt that tingle of a shiver when he did grow cold in places. He raised his head a moment later at the sound of a snort upon the wind. The stallion stopping to look at the caribou herd before him. This time of year the cows were the ones with antlers. A stamp of a hoof and a barking call and the herd was off. The stallion put his ears back a moment and then with his own bellowing call was off after them.

The chasing was all in good sport and the herd lead him further into the north. The thundering of cloven hooves dulled by snow. The stallion running with them a moment more before they split off and he let them go. His breath a smoking billow coming from red nostrils as he slowed to a lope. This snow covered land could be interesting after all. He came then to a lake and it seemed like any other to him. He was not gifted with flight and could not know it true shape. The water looked drinkable at least. Ardashir took a couple steps forward lowering his head for a good drink.

It was when he raised his head that a scent came to him. His ears went immediately forward and alert. He knew this scent. Leilan. The white stag shook his coat some and then started around the border of the lake in search of the golden roaned dragon.
    Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    He'd come to the lake's shape only from seeing the one pointy edge and having followed it on one side to where he was now, the indent near the tree. The only tree in a long sight range (he'd know); and by the looks of it the other shore was similar to the first. There was a significance to this place, he felt; for it to be so symmetrical, for it to have the only tree in this frozen scape, for miles ahead; for it not to be frozen.

His ice float seems to already be melting, and he follows it with a humoured gaze - until he picks up movement on the side. Turning his head slightly to see it is a wholly white horse approaching, he lowers the tension he'd unknowingly held, and waits for the stud to come within hearing distance.

"Good to see you here, too." He offers with a slight inclination of his head. Staring at the lake again, he seems to frown a little, scales on his forehead compressing for a tiny moment. "I was hoping to talk to you sometime soon." he looks sideways then, at how the giant draft takes this information. Leilan's voice had been neutral, because the matter of discussion is of course the claiming of the very island they have found themselves and each other on. He wants to have an idea of who would stay here, and who would return to Nerine; but also he wants to know how they think about war, if that's the only option left to them. He'd try not to - but he wouldn't shy away. But if that's something his fellows would not want to follow him, then of course, so be it. Problem is that war would probably come to them anyway, but, that's a choice he can't make on his own.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    |
    Ardashir
    Felt his ears prick forward catching Lielan’s greeting. His eyes lowering and maybe his head followed a moment later as he drew a few feet closer. “ Interesting place to try to get lost in.” He looked around some with his blue eyes, “ Out of the way of all the tough talk.” The stag turned his full attention to the roaned stallion. He swung his tail in a slow motion letting the moment hang there after Leilan’s words.

What were you hoping to speak with me about?” He inquired of the golden scaled stallion. Ardashir had at most times a silver voice that was just his general speaking manner. This time though he took a slightly darker shade to it as the air started to feel heavy between the two of them. The wagging of many tongues were somewhere distant now but, could this conversation turn to who held the right to this land?

Ardashir stood looking at the Ice Prince his breath smoking in the cold air. “What is on your mind brother?” He asked and shook his shoulders wanting the tension in the air to disperse some with the movement.

Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    He found that he couldn't get used to this would-be-leader-role. He'd rather much be among his comrades, on the same level, yet somehow because he was the one claiming the land (which per his opinion could have been anyone), they treat him differently. That's not the kind of thing he had wanted to create with this claim - more or less, in his mind, the ideal thing would be that this was a relatively easy and free land, and they'd all answer to Nerine's needs. Sure, if in name, that meant he had to be called something, he'd take on such a title, but never one of king; he's never been more than a Prince, in terms of titles, and doesn't aspire to be. If he'd known that Ard already, in his mind called him the Ice Prince, he'd be most amused with that.

Ardashir seems to understand, though, that Leilan had mostly chosen this place to wander to, to be away from al the ruckus. He grins - guilty as charged - as the white stud makes such a remark, though he has no words to accompany it (doesn't have to, he thinks).

However, they quickly come to the point, due to his own previous words. "I'm wondering how you all feel about this claiming business. It feels like we may be on the brink of a war," he confesses, "and I'm not sure if I want to drag all of you into it." He tosses his forelock, looking at the taller stallion with concern. "Then again if we don't, if I don't, then who? They'll be coming next year maybe, instead of this year, but I don't think that allowing the other party to grow stronger is the way to go, either." Shaking his head, his eyes dart to the lake and the now-tiny ice float in it.

A deep intake of breath follows, as he looks to the giant white. "I guess as general, I'd hoped you have some answers; or maybe just an opinion." he smiles a little. He could always ask Brennen, he's quite sure - but he doesn't want to be dependent on the winged bay so much. He's a father figure, and, well sometimes you just don't want to ask your father for help.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir]
    |
    Ardashir
    Swung his tail a couple times and watched Leilan a moment taking in what he could about body language, and subtle gestures. The white stag did not have a knack for it just yet so anything that might be lying under the surface of the dragon stallion was still in shadow to him. The world was so strange to them all now. The new lands, the new faces that came with those lands, and lastly the plague. The shifting of powers were still as turbulent as the ocean with its new coastline to bash again. Ard was still not used to his roll within Nerine the large stag had never fought before  and he stood as a ranked member of the army. But, it was a good thing to not have war right? He would fight for his home and also for the isle he now stood on when asked but, he had his own doubts.

The ice isle that they now stood on was one of solitude it seemed. Though, it was still close enough for a mighty swim from Nerine. Ard could choose to lose himself in this new land if he wished but, no queen and country came first. And, of course his own lady.

Ard swung those ears forward as the ice dragon started to speak. The pale stag did take a moment to look around as the word we was used. There was no one near to them but, Ardashir understood the meaning waiting and taking a moment to roll his tongue around some thinking of how to word everything right. “ I know nothing of claiming lands I confess. Even less about war. But, we need a home for those that want to remain untouched from the plague. Be those children, the old, or even the youthful and able. We can not turn them away and not allow others to turn them away. I have no power to heal and I have heard the there are some that are touched in the healing powers. We need them as well not just for Nerine and not just for here. They should be allowed to travel and help.” He paused a moment letting a long breath pass out of his nostrils, “ Nerine needs this place. But, the ones fleeing the plague need it more. Nerine should protect them!” He stomped his left front leg some.

I do not have an answer for your last part Ice brother. I know nothing of leading. You seem to have some whits about you. Knowing these others will come back. I will stand with you and of course our queen. The army might not be at my back at the moment but, when called they should answer. If we need it. If you do need someone to help with leading I could offer myself I suppose but, I do not want to push into someone else's chosen place. And, even I would need teaching.” He swung his head a moment looking to the ice drifting along the water. “ I hope I am making sense to you brother.

He looked back to Leilan with his blue eyes. Ardashir was not good with words and he was still growing after all. He was a mature stallion in body but, he sometimes felt lacking in the mental part of it all.  

Out under the sky...

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Maturity, to be honest had been something Leilan had avoided for half of his life. But then one day it had come and never left, putting a downer on him maybe - or it was more like toning him down. Nevertheless, he suspected his children had the greatest hand in that development, something Ardashir (if rumour, and his nose picking up Nalia's scent on him, weren't lying) would soon enough discover for himself.

No, that wasn't the problem.

The problem with Icicle Isle is that it was filled with ambitious people, and next to none were just fleeing the plague. Strange, how that worked, but apparently the real refugees would be found in the other safelands. So be it. This however, had left them with the weird situation of four (or more?) horses claiming the island for their own and none really trying to settle the situation.

But Ardashir is right. This was supposed to be about protecting the ones who were actually fleeing from the plague.

He muses over that for some time. Thinking of Phasus, who had a nasty way of putting it, but somehow Leilan felt like maybe he had overlooked her hidden call for help. He'd need to talk to her. She just wanted safety, and had found it by clinging to a magician who was using her for her powers (or at least that's the only conclusion he could draw from it right now). Perhaps she just needed to be offered an alternative.

Looking to Ardashir, who then claims to know nothing of leading or war, he gives a weary smile. Seems the white stud does have a knack for it, so his position is well-deserved nevertheless. "You make some excellent points, and whoever gets to call themselves leader out here should be happy to listen to you every once in a while. I'll keep pulling the wagon for Nerine's sake, but I can't predict the future. But I know who to talk to, I suppose." A wry look crosses his face - he's probably not going to like it, but it needs to happen.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Ardashir] Maybe we should end it here since so much time has passed? I worked this into a point to realize he should deal with Phasus xD If you want a new thread feel free to make one!
    |
    @[Leilan] That sounds like a plan sorry for lateness.