• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I wonder as I wander [ Fairies ]
    Ardashir
    The air was strange around this place not in a way that was sick, or frightening. This air held centuries of secrets and magics tightly hidden throughout its roots. The mountain was a place to be respected and not in the way of groveling or begging. The air here made it clear that a request could be answered as long as you were willing to pay a price for what that gift might end up being. The winter season added to the silence of the forest that ringed the base of the mountain. The creaking of the trees and the occasional skittering animal might call to attention that this place was very much alive in the cold.

Ardashir had never ventured to this place before. The white stag had to gather tidbits of information here and there to even hope to find the right place. He even ventured to ask what if any offerings he could place at a hearth formed in the heart of a tree. The stallion entered the mountains borders with the information he had gathered and a song he has started to sing on the way of his own making, “ I wonder as I wander out under the sky, That  Harmonia my saviour did come forth to die…” The name he had learned in his brief talks wanting to know how this plague was started whose names should be remembered. His voice was a deep tenor tone with hints of that silver northern voice still managing to hang in the words. He was not the best at this singing thing as he was just trying it out as a way to keep the travel less boring. “ For poor ornery people like you and like I..I wonder I as wander out under the sky…

His tones hushed some as he made across the border and now he made sure to concentrate on his intention. He was here to seek help not for himself but, for those of Nerine and of Icicle isle. He kept that in the forefront of his thoughts he made his way forward. He had not way of healing the sick and he was not good with his words. He was seeking yes, but not begging for something. He would give whatever was to be asked of him. The ghost tracked through the snow still humming his song and as he come to a hearth in a tree he stopped bowing his head low to the snow covered ground.

He offered his silver voice only after closing his eyes and focusing once more on his intention for being here. “ I am Ardashir of Nerine and, I have come to this land with a wanting in my heart. I want to help my people, and those that we have sworn to protect. I do not have much to offer as I do not know the rituals..I will give what I can without question even if it is my life.” Ardashir raised his head slowly and opened his eyes the stallion turned his head and griped a piece of his mane in his teeth. He tugged it away the hair tangled with a bit of foliage that he had brushed upon somewhere along the line. The little twig holding maybe one little red berry of unknown name. Arashir was no botanist. He placed the mane hair and the twig in the hearth of the tree. Before he stepped back and bowed his head once more ready to listen to what might be said or what might not be said.  

Out under the sky...

The heart is willing.
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    @[Ardashir] has rolled a 3. Unfortunately, he will not encounter a fairy today.

However, after placing his hair in the tree, a storm rolled across the mountain. High winds, freezing rain, snow; the whole shebang. Maybe they just couldn't see him? Anyway, on his way down the mountain trying to escape the storm, Ardashir slipped and fell a ways. He will temporarily find himself to have long shallow wounds on his side and a sprained leg on the same side; he will heal from these injuries at a regular rate.

Ardashir may petition again in one month.