• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

She swivels her gold-blazed face around to him at his words, a stubborn frown forming as she says briskly, ”Excuse you, but I would make a fantastic kelpie.” She tilts her head upwards to offer him a mock, haughty smirk before adding, “I think I’m just so perfect as a horse that I didn’t change.” She nods her head definitively, the feigned arrogance quickly fading back into her normal, amicable  smile. She wasn’t very good at being prideful, and it shows in the way her words quickly dissolve into laugh. ”My dad did say the girl technically killed him. Maybe that’s it.”

She watches him as he slips into the water alongside of her, his dripping tail flicking across her hocks. ”But don’t kill me, please.” The way that she says it — so light and teasing — is the true indicator of how naive she is. The predatory stallion has already won her trust — some due to the hypnosis, but largely just because it was her nature — leading her to believe his sharp teeth were not as bad as they looked. Her shoulder still bled from his bite, even though it had been painless, but she knows he could have done worse.

He mentions swimming, and she finds herself with more questions brewing. ”What do you look like as a kelpie? I would like to see,” There is excitement brimming in her voice, but she quickly checks herself, ducking her gaze for a moment before asking more slowly, ”I mean, if you would be willing to show me?” She looks out over the cold, uninviting waters of the river, and she frowns a little in thought. ”Unless, it’s too cold here. I guess I could go to Ischia.”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Ivar]