• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Carry On

Flamebrand smiled as he made his way through the trees and fog. He landed on the forest floor with a thud which he hoped that could be heard by anyone who lived here. He felt like this land is a good place to start a herd. Although he had heard that someone was already staking claim on the land. He would love to meet that person and try to strike a deal. Maybe he if he was good and make friends with whomever lived here he could help them out. The chestnut called out and would wait to see who may come his way.

FLAMEBRAND
    you can set yourself on fire, but you’re never gonna burn

@[Lilitha] Sorry for the crappy starter
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

“There now, darling, I’ve got you,” Lilitha crooned softly, nuzzling tiny Singe’s shoulder gently and lipping at her cute little scruff of a mane. She had no idea how she was going to feed the poor little thing, but the girl was hers now and there was nothing for it but to find a way. Right, baby girl?

A call rang out through the forest, echoing through the trees to reach their ears, and little baby Singe tucked herself up against Lilitha’s chest with a wide-eyed snort. “No worries, sweet girl. That was a friendly call, baby, not a scared one or a mean one, huh?” Singe stayed tucked up against her, but nodded reluctantly. “It’s okay, baby. Do you wanna stay here, or come with me to say hi?”

As expected, the little girl clung to her, pressing tighter against her. “Alright, then, sweetie. Let’s go meet our new friend, okay?” Singe huffed a suspicious little snort and clung to her side as they made their way through the forest toward the newcomer. Lilitha smiled softly and brushed her tail against her new daughter, missing her wings again and the way they could’ve sheltered her and held her close as they walked.

As they drew near, she called back, letting the stranger know they were approaching. As they spotted him, Lilitha offered a welcoming smile and Singe ducked behind her, pressing tight against her. “Hello. Welcome to Taiga. My name is Lilitha, and this is my girl, Singe. How can we help you?”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Flamebrand smiled as he watched the mare and filly approach him. He took in each of their appearances as the mare Lilitha introduced herself and the filly. He tucked in his wings and tried not to look to intimidating to the small girl. The chestnut said "Its a pleasure meeting you Lilitha and you also Singe. I was here because I was going to offer my claim on the land. However I heard that someone else has so I decided to back off." He was telling the black and red mare the truth in why he was here. Flamebrand gave Singe a friendly smile and said "My name is Flamebrand. I am not here to harm anyone. I just want to make this a friendly meeting." Maybe once they got to know each other they could be friends or acquaintances.

FLAMEBRAND

@[Lilitha]
    Lilitha

Lilitha supposed it should not come as a surprise that word had begun to spread of her claim on the dark forests of Taiga. After her impromptu meeting with Leilan, perhaps it was only a matter of time. And perhaps that was for the best, if it meant this first encounter with what could have been a rival was smoothed over.

“Well, Flamebrand. It’s lovely to meet you too,” she replied. “You’re right that I’ve made my claim here, though my intent isn’t to own the forest. It’s to guard it, and to make it as safe a place as possible given the recent disaster and upheaval. I know this land, I know it’s history, and I want to honor that by restoring it to its former status not as a kingdom, but as a home. For any who need it and give this forest the respect it deserves.”

She glanced back at the tiny filly hiding against her flank, tucked close and not even peeking at the stranger, hiding her face against Lilitha’s scarred side. “Taiga should be a safe place to raise families. I’m going to do my best to make sure it is that again. If you think that’s a vision you can fit in with, you’d be welcome to stay and join us. If you want to, of course.”

Flamebrand took in everything she was telling him. He was trying to figure out what to say to the mares words. He gave her a smile as he said "I understand why you would claim Taiga for your home. I think I can fit into the vision you have for the land. I would love to join you here if you would have me." He was considerate that she had offered to let him stay here. At least their meeting didn't result in them being enemies over the land. He was still trying to figure out how to be less intimidating to the young filly.

FLAMEBRAND

@[Lilitha]
    Lilitha

Lilitha smiled and nodded as the stallion spoke, hopeful that he was right and he’d fit in nicely here in Taiga. Only time would tell, but so far she was optimistic. “I’m glad to hear that. Welcome to Taiga, then, I hope you make yourself at home. Have a look around, settle on in, I’ll be around if you need anything.”

She glanced back at Singe, still tucked up tight to her side, shaking just a little, wings clamped down against her body. “We should be moving on, I think. Gotta take care of my girl; you understand, I hope. She’s a little stressed, poor love, and I’ve got to get her settled in feeling nice and safe and cozy.”

That and she wanted to give their new resident time to do the same, to make himself comfortable, explore his new home and find places that called to his soul and felt right. It was hard to really feel at home ‘til you knew a place, and far better than just strolling in and calling it home, and she wanted him to have a chance to get to know this land and see if it fit him. So she smiled again and excused herself and her girl. “Take care, then, Flamebrand. I look forward to getting to know you better.”