• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kove, Snout\\
    Karat
    Blood is Thicker than Water

They left the gathering quietly and soon found themselves along the easternmost part of the land.  Here the terrain became more pumice stone than tropical flora and she isn't quite sure why they find themselves headed there.  Thoughts consume her mind onto what has just transpired but she soon finds her gaze upon her sister and the unease that she had become.  Periodically she reaches for Kove with her lavender dipped muzzle.  Attempting to reassure her youngest sibling, "It will be alright Kove.  We will find him I promise!" Her voice is strong even if she feels weak.

They continue on their path, the light of day beginning to fade from their world.  A red glow is cast from the slow flows of lava and give them enough light to continue their search.  Kove calls out the stallions name every few yards.  Each go unanswered and tears begin to pool in the corners of her eyes.  Karat draws her sister in close, using her neck to hold her steady.  The filly trembles within the embrace and silently prays for her friend...

@[Snout] So this is them written semi-together.  Its short but hopefully ok <3
    Snout
    The faeries came and released there wrath on the equines of beqanna, all have to suffer to the actions of some. A plague has been released throughout all of beqanna, but luckily Tephra has been named a safe zone and therefor Snout does not need to flee like the rest of the beqanna's equines. Snout has met a few equines, but he has been rather quiet lately, no reason other than he was a loner. Friends were never his thing, and he did not worry about the safety of others but was curious how Karat and Kove made out.

He casually strolled though Tephra, an attempt to remain hidden from other, lacking in desire to hold a conversation. Though his wishes did not seem to be in the plans for tonight, he hears his name being called out and no matter how hard he tries to ignore it, he keeps hearing it. It has to be Kove because he has not talked to anyone else, perhaps she was worried for his safety?

He decided to come out of hiding, it seemed that would be the only way to keep all of beqanna from learning his name. As he slithers from his hiding the purple sisters come into view, a smile grows on his face and he could not explain why. He comes to a halt as he approaches, catching the end of a comforting hug from the older sister Karat. He dips his head in a greeting as the light in the sky slowly disappears, Kid, what are you crying for? His attempt at 'caring', a smirk on his face as he obviously was poking for a smile from the purple spotted mare. She has certainly flourished in looks since they last met, matching her lavender draped sister Karat he says in greeting to the sister he once desired to hold a conversation with. Were they both our here looking for him? Inquiring of his safety during the plague? Were they perhaps....friends?

Face Your Demons

@[Karat]
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

I am more than ready to leave the meeting that had gathered.  Anxious eyes look across the backs of those who gathered, seeking a faint glow.  But one does not appear.  I fidget with the trinket my brother had crafted for me as it reminds me of my friend who had not shown here.  With all that was happening, I can't help but wonder if Snout was okay.

I hadn't seen the stallion since we parted ways that evening after the caves.  He seemed to enjoy a quiet life and so I did not seek him out.  Talk of plague makes my heart flutter in my chest.  Lilac eyes look to my eldest sister when she motions for me.  My muddy hued legs nearly leap forwards, ready to begin my search.

We travel for a distance.  A high stepped trot -characteristic of my breed- allows me to seemingly dance across the flat top rocks.  Here the lava has cool and created a flat plateau of which greenery had not yet emerged from.  The sun was sinking quickly which did little in helping our hunt for the bay stallion. Or did it?

My voice calls out his name repeatedly.  Some moments louder than others but all are lined with worry.  A few more lengths and I turn to my sister.  I was trying to be brave, to not cry in my moment of fear, but I couldn't help think I may never see my friend(my only friend) alive again.  The welling of tears begin to flow and stain my cheeks when Karats whispers it will be okay.  I try to believe her but only confirmation would relieve my worries.

Kid, What are you crying for? 

My dark ears flicker back to a rough voice coming from behind me.  I gasp with hope that it is his voice.  My eyes grow wide and I quickly pivot to find a glowing form nearby. "Snout!" I yelp happily, my limbs rushing me to him and quickly embracing him in a hug,"We've been looking for you!  I was worried the plague got you!" I really had no idea what the plague was but everyone made it sound so horrible that surviving was unlikely. 

My greeting lasts possibly too long, and when I hear my sisters name leave his voice, I sniffle back happy tears as I release my grasp on the tusked stallion.  "When you didn't show to the meeting my fears got the best of me," I explain to justify my actions. He could have very well just not heard the calling, but that doesn't register in my immediate thoughts.

~

Karat smiles happily that all has been resolved but the look of fear still wrinkles the lines of her face.  Even in the dark I can tell she is thinking of Krom.  She speaks quietly, Now that we know Snout is okay we better let him have his evening in peace Kove.  She looks to Snout and offers an apology, I am sorry if we disturbed you but she was pretty distraught.  I should go follow up with Krom anyhow, he has left for Ischia.  Her silver eyes find Kove and look almost stern, Stay in Tephra where it is safe until me and Krom return...You hear me Kove?  She had never been one to lecture her siblings but something serious was happening outside(and inside) their walls and the safest place right now was the volcanic island.

With that the greyed mare turns to leave for her birthplace ...

~

With disbelief,I look slowly to Snout as my sister vanishes into the night.  I huff in irritation, "Ugh! Why do they think I am a child?!  She can't tell me what I can and can't do!" My front hoof stomps onto the hardened earth and echoes a sharp clip into the darkness.  I think of all the reasons I should go outside of Tephra borders and only one comes to mind, to prove I am not a baby.  My lilac tail flicks sharply along my white capped rump and I look towards where my sister has lead off to, "I am leaving Tephra!" My dished profile bobbs in confirmation at my plan as I step forwards...

@[Snout] So Kove may rebel just a bit XD 

Sry not sry for the novel.  She gets away from me lol and I did not proof read
    Snout

Perhaps her vision was clouded from the tears that flowed, dramatic he thinks to himself. He playfully rolls his eyes as she screams out his name, she runs over to him and they embrace in a hug, his own eyes grow wider. He did not expect her to miss him that much, nor did he expect the affection, it went against his better judgement but he allowed the embrace, his own body relaxing into it.

I was worried about you, I THOUGHT THE PLAGUE GOT YOU! she announces and he bursts out laughing the silly plague can't get me. He replies, but who knows what the plague is capable of, it was just a simple attempt to calm the distraught mare.She mentions his lack of presence at the kingdom meeting, I don't like crowds, you know that he says nudging her cheek, making sure to be gentle to not poke her with his tusks.

Karat stood patiently and quietly, but when her sister is calmed down she announces they should leave Snout alone, and she mentioned the need to return to Krom. She even offers an apology to him, but it was not needed, it's true he is a loner, but he can put up with a select few equines. She gives a stern order to Kove to stay in Tephra and with that the grey and purple mare turns off to, what he suspects, find Krom.

When his eyes shift to find Kove again a spark had ignited, the bay and purple mare was obviously irritated. He did not even have to ask what was wrong, Kove was going to tell him. Why do they think I'm a child? she demands an answer, he just silently listens to her. She can't tell me what to do she yells out, following it up with a stomp. A side of Kove he had never seen, he wanted to laugh but that would probably add fuel to the fire.

I am leaving Tephra  she says in a rage, heading in the opposite direction of Snout. He steps forward with her Kove his voice was soft she is just worried about you. Perhaps one day she would understand the emotion, but she was still young, but then again....she has experienced a loss, his eyes gaze to the rock plastered to her chest before traveling back up to hers. Stay in Tephra with me a grin tugged at his lips I will show you were I hide the places he lurks, he doesn't show just anyone his spots either, she better jump at the opportunity before it expires.

Face Your Demons

@[Kove] <3
    Kove

It is hard not to laugh at the fears I had of something bad happening to him.  I sniffle away my tears and chuckle as well.  He nudges me and I am overjoyed that all is right.

It turns out that I have a fine line between joy and anger, as Karat crosses it with ease.  A switch flips and suddenly I am headed for the borders in a wild inferno(and probably not a very intimidating one at that).

A tendril of flame flickering in the depths of my eyes could be noticed from a grave distance.  I hold a hard glare to the depths of the night, my mind set on the island I had once called home.  It is only when a soft shuffling of hooves and my name, turns my direction. Snout is at my side and assuring me that my family holds nothing but the best intentions at heart.  I exasperate a large breath of air as I realize he is maybe right.  "I suppose... BUT I am NOT a child!"  My voice nearly doubles in volume, just in case he was still convinced I was, I had to make sure he knew the truth.  

As a last ditch attempt at showing my frustration, my chest puffs out as I draw my dished face to my breast. There my maw lips at the gem against my dark hide.  Snout too looks to it, before looking back at me, a temptation leaves his lips.  An invitation to explore some of Tephras most secret hiding places.  I yelp with excitement, "Okay!! Show me. Show me! Please! Please!"  My white anklet legs, dance beneath me at the thought of exploring more of Tephra.  Of what treasure we could find hidden within her borders...

@[Snout] she is not a child :|
    Snout
    She was still young, he remembers when his sister would easily test him. They were so close, she knew exactly what flipped his switch, almost as if she did it on purpose. And then she did things that flipped his switch, she probably did not even know that they did. Emotions that he recalls, she was slightly younger than him, and with time she would have better control of expressing her anger.

He says her name and she seems to come back to reality, a release of the air she held in. He assures her that Karat only had her best intentions at mind, and that seemed to calm Kove. I suppose, BUT I AM NOT A CHILD she yells out the last part. A gentle laugh escapes his maw and he moves his maw to nudge her should I can see that he says as he glances over her body. She has blossomed since the last time they had met, the young mare had filled into her purple and bay body.

He focuses his eyes back to her gaze, she puffs and tucks her head into her chest. He playfully rolls her eyes, it was like a foal accepting defeat, but he would not dare say that aloud. He mentions showing her the places that he likes to lurk in peace, and she quickly perks up with excitement. OKAY! Show me, Show me! Please! She yelled out, unable to contain her excitement, her body prances in place and he bursts out laughing. Come on then he gently tosses his head to the right and his body follows suit. He heads towards the mountains that lie in the kingdom.

Face Your Demons

@[Kove] sorry for the wait! I promise I'll be faster now<3
    Kove

All my life I have been the little sister.  All sugar and no spice.  And maybe I am, all sugar but damnit I'd find a little bit of spice every now and then.  Nearly three, I am still figuring out this world and my place in it.  The curious nature of my soul does not rest and so when he feeds the thought of adventure to me, I am all in.

My chocolate and cream body glides effortlessly over the uneven terrain.  Light footed and nimble, even the darkness cannot find fault in my footing.  Though the glow of my companion aids in this, I give credit only to my lineage.  With delicately arched neck, I venture forwards.  Following the guidance of the bay stallion with nothing short of trust.  My voice is quick to chime through the Tephra night, "What do you think we will find?!" I just had to know. "Oh Oh... More jewels?? Maybe I can find Karat something.  She loves gemstones ya know.  All kinds and colors and shapes and..." My voice trails as I see something with a reddish glow, "What's THAT?!" I gasp while catching my breath and changing course abruptly. 

Nose to ground, I trot over to the faint red aura lighting a mouth of a cavern.  Stopping at the mouth, I peer in with lavender eyes, jaws agape.  Waiting for Snout to settle beside me and offer any clues to what was causing the firey glow...

@[Snout] I have no idea what she found :|
    Snout
    Kove was in every way physically a mare, but in every other way she was still a child. He casually attempted to flirt and grow closer with the mare, but she was either very good at evading, or clueless. It was slightly infuriating, but at the same time it was cute and kept him further interested. Eventually she would grow up, and eventually she would catch on to his attempts.

She prances as she follows him, unaware that as she moves her body glides deductively. The way she arch's her neck, gentle with every step. He forces his gaze in front of them, no reason to tease himself purposely.

He was lost in his own thoughts that he nearly forgot what they were doing, though her voice quickly brought him back to there task. What do you think we will find?! she says, eager to find lost treasure. He cocks his eye and laughs, she was always excited about life, an attitude that was rare to come by. I am not sure, whatever you want I suppose.

He was barely able to finish his sentence before she spoke again OH MORE JEWELS!?! Or maybe I can find Karat Something. You already have a jewel He says glancing at her chest, the stone she so eagerly made him get with her. But she was already on to the next thought WHATS THAT!? and just as he looked she was already heading off towards whatever it was.

She certainly knew how to keep him on his toes, an adventure everyday! He quickly follows the mare, and as she came to a halt he finds a spot beside her, allowing his pelt to brush against hers. She was looking at a glowing object that sat beside a cavern. His eyes trailed from the cavern to the beach that was off in the distance, he tilts his head slightly before looking to Kove.

Looks like it is plankton, though I have never seen one so far from the water. He was curious as to why it was so far from the water, but who knows, Beqanna is a special place. Do you want it? He asks stepping closer to the plant Though, I think once it is moved it will stop glowing. His gaze looks for her, awaiting her orders.

Face Your Demons

@[Kove] I imagine it like glowing plankton, but ruby instead of blue :p
    Kove

He follows me on my adventures, which is something I perceive as him enjoying our time together.  I have never noticed the slight annoyance of my girlish wonder when we first met, but perhaps he finds it endearing now, and yet I remain oblivious.  

I am already trotting off in my fancy steps that seamlessly glide my body over the rocky terrain.  I do not notice his wandering eyes across my sleek frame -only to force them ahead.  I am unaware of the young woman I have become and equally unaware of my allure to someone of Snouts gender.  Whether it is due to my naive nature or my sheltered life under the watchful eye of my brother, I am unsure what prevents me from seeing the deeper truths happening here.

My arrival to the shallow pool is swift, eyes wide and inquisetly questioning what lies beneath its surface.  Lowering my face to the still entrapped waters, my silver eyes glitter a new shade of rose.  He is quick to my side and offering answers.  Answers I only have more questions to, "Plankton??  Is that what causes Ischia shores to glow blue?" My bright eyes flicker to his as my head rises once more.  The red captures within his glow as well and I am captivated by the sudden change, "Look!"  I giggle softly at the re-creation, "You look funny."  

He continues to ask if I want it, my gaze drags from him to the plant.  But when he says it may stop glowing if they move it I am quick to decline, "No. It belongs here."  A yawn creeps up and engapes my jaws just then.  With a gentle shake to my head -lavender locks falling gently across my view- I find his look upon me and smile, "I'm exhausted... Think we could find someplace to rest here?"  My snipped nose reaches to press against the bay of his coat...

@[Snout]