• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, anyone
    you were a vision in the morning 
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

She had been alone when it happened. 

“It” was difficult to explain. The earth seemed to tremble and quake, but not in a way that seemed natural. It was like someone had pushed and manipulated the lands, spinning them, and unearthing old ones. It was strange, how quickly change spread across the land; like a disease, seeping into the earth, riding on the currents of air, a whisper on the breeze that tickled everyone’s ears. She remembers, then, the intruding image, of the red stallion with the seal on his chest, the voice in her head that implored her to kill him. She had shaken it away, confused, but Chryseis was not a killer. 

As she was so prone to do, she had left Nerine. Not permanently, of course, for it was a refreshing change compared to Hyaline. She had her father, Breckin, and cousins and siblings (even if they weren’t her favorite). New shores and lands to explore, even if she would always hold a special place in her heart for the mountains of her birthplace; her secret valley, and the crystalline lake. 

She walks the well-worn path to the River, and she cannot shake the eerie feeling that haunts her. The land seemed desolate, but she assumes it is the frigid cold of winter that has everyone huddled in their lands. She is undeterred, carving a path through the thin layer of snow that has begun to fall, her silver-blue form a stark contrast against the icy white. She has grown considerably, being just a few months shy of turning two. The baby-angles of her body have begun to fill and curve, softening in some areas and sharpening in others. Her face was still illuminated by the metallic gold-blaze, but the vibrancy in her dark brown eyes had begun to quiet some. She isn’t sure when her heart first began to crack, but it is something she harbors deep inside, refusing to the let the world see. 

The sound of water rushing over rocks is a welcoming lullaby, the river following the curves and swells of the land, and she comes to stand at one of the shallow bends. She watches the current, remembering the first time she had come here and met her father; her previous summer spent trying to lure in a kelpie, unsuccessfully, and a multitude of other memories.  A sigh brushes past her lips, escaping as a puff of warm vapor that snakes into the cold air, and she finds herself wondering what else was going to change.

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you
    Jack is standing on the side of the river bank, relaxing just thinking about all that's going on in Beqanna. He sees a filly over further off in the horizon. Should he see her? He really doesn't have friends. After hearing about the plague, he feels like he's in constant anxiety.

He swishes his tail and walks over towards her. "H-Hi.." he says, a bit nervously. "I'm Jack.." he says, perking his ears to her. "It's really pretty here isn't it?" he smiles to her. "How are you?" He asks.

@Chryseis

She is not alone with her thoughts for long, the sound of an unsure voice breaking through her reverie. She turns to see a stallion, older than her, but only by a few years, if she had to guess. He seemed nervous, first in the way his words seemed to stutter at the start, and in the way his eyes looked at her. But a friendly smile lifts her lips upwards, her eyes alightening just a bit at the prospect of making a new friend. ”Hi,” she greets him in return, moving forward on slender legs to shorten the space between them. The young filly — almost two years old, but still a girl by most accounts — had never been shy of strangers, and even as she grew up and became more self-conscious, that still hadn’t changed about her. ”It’s lovely,” she agrees, diverting her gaze to survey the winter landscape. The River felt like home almost as much as Hyaline once had, and she would always be partial to it.

”I’m Chryseis,” Her voice is light and friendly, returning his introduction with one of her own. He seemed nice, although the young girl assumed everyone was nice. He asks how she is, and she falters for a second, considering the question. Her home didn’t feel like home anymore, and she hated to blame it on the way Rhaegor had tore away from the party and quite literally disappeared, but it was a significant part of why she had chosen to stay with her father and Breckin in Nerine. But now Nerine was supposedly not safe, and instead of swimming to the safety of Icicle Isle, she was here, taunting whatever threat was floating around. ”I’m doing pretty good, I guess.” it’s only partially a lie. Chryseis wasn’t the type to throw herself a pity party, so she wouldn’t dare say that her life sucked. ”How are you?”
    chryseis.

@[Jack in the Box]
    Jack smiles softly to the young filly. "What's on your mind?" he asks her, sensing that something is up. "I'm here to listen if you would like," he says, coming closer to the filly.

Jack really doesn't have a home as most call it, he's always been a wanderer. He hasn't felt like he deserves love or a home or anything. He just constantly feels he's alone and always bothersome. He pushes these feelings back to focus on the filly, after all that is why he's talking to her. "Do your parents know you're here?" He asks, moving to shield her from the gusts of wind. He smiles feeling her warm small breath in his coat. He can't help but think what it would be like to have a family of his own, but who would love him?

Hell, he sure doesn't love him, so how can someone else?

@Chryseis

Being so young, she is still not as good at hiding her emotions and feelings as she would like to be. The stallion picks up on her half-hearted reply, but she offers him the same slight smile as before. ”It’s nothing, really.” She was afraid that if she said it out loud, she would realize how foolish she sounded. She was heartsick over a boy that had never been hers to begin with; a boy that others had claimed pieces of. She already knew she had made a mistake, but she had learned her lesson. She would never assume anyone’s attention was only for her.

”Probably not,” she says this with a quiet laugh, even though she wouldn’t be laughing if either parents caught her here. Briseis was always worried to begin with, even though she would be turning two years old soon, and Leilan was protective and a little scary when he was mad. It wasn’t that they didn’t mind her going out, but with the potential of catching the disease that had been released, they would be less than thrilled to find her out in the open. But her mother she is sure had followed the rest of Hyaline to safety, and her father would be helping Breckin cement a home for the Nerinian residents. It would be days before they noticed their gold-blazed daughter was missing. ”Are you from Beqanna?” She asks softly, watching the stranger with her subdued brown eyes.

chryseis.

@[Jack in the Box]
    @[Jack in the Box] rolled a 1 and is infected.
    A roll of 2 means he will show symptoms.
    A roll of 5 means he will not express a trait.

Chryseis is already infected.
    Jack looks over to the young filly. He repeats her words, "Nothing really means that there is something up. What's going on?" he asks, a bit concerned for the young filly. "Your parents are probably really nervous, you should go back. I'll bring you if you want company,"

@Chryseis