• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  snakes in the grass, try to slither fast: ANY
    "Evil requires no reason."
    I hadn’t planned on coming back. This was an aspect of my life I had been far ready to put behind me. An era where I had been something different, something filled with much more darkness. Now the light shone upon the murky areas of my heart, casting everything inside me in a perfect shade of grey. Not dark enough where I was as I was, but not completely light either. I would do anything to protect what was Mine. I would kill, lie, cheat, steal...it didn’t matter. My heart thumps in my chest, beating for those I had left behind...I had left them safe.

But some of our offspring, and a wayward lover had managed to find their way back here.

Damn stubborn fools anyways.

Didn’t they know that this place was fraught with dangers, with unpredictable and uncontrollable magic? Of course the little shits did, but do you think they cared? They wanted to come back, to see, to look, to find. And I could have strangled all of the for putting themselves in danger.

So I came back, to find them, to make them safe. Naturally, there’s some kind of catastrophe going on. I can smell it in the earth, feel the magic rubbing up against my own. Nostrils flaring, I smell the sickness in the land as my hooves place themselves lightly on the ground. My ears fall back into the black tangles of my mane, and I sighed.

Even as my heart thumped erratically in my chest. “Drow, I swear to the fairies when I find you…” I grumbled. “And don’t think I forgot about you girls...I’m going to paddle the life out of you…” I wouldn’t of course. I have never laid a hand on any of the kids. I had never needed too. The only time I had ever laid a hand on Drow was when he wanted me too, when we both gained enjoyment from it.

“That’s it. When I find you, I’m withholding the pain…” I grumble, not at all amused. I shift my vision, pulling up a magic spectrum of the land, seeing the sick green and grays that lingered throughout all of beqanna. A blink of my eyes and I am in the sky, looking over the entire surface of the land I had once called home. I see it everywhere, except in a few places. The air and land seemed clear.

I settle back in my body, my vision shifting back to normal and I grunt. Now if only I could find a couple of wayward family members before everything continues to go to shit...again.
    pazuzu
    **Disclaimer, posting to Pazuzu can result in maiming, torturing, and all kinds of nasty things possibly happening to your pony. If you do not agree, do not post to him or if you do not want your pony horribly maimed, please say so. Most of the time he will just leave some nice new scars, either mental or physical.