• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch / Leilan] Black ocean cold dark
    Leilan had grabbed her, comforted and held her close: whispered and struggled as panic and terror rose in her body. She had felt the eternities of time all lost, and in that rush of adrenaline and fear there was a sudden shock and systemic paralysis that rooted her legs and made her feel as if all the world was turning upside down.

Breathe.

Sarkis drew in, she held it and she exhaled.

Breathe.

Repeat, rinse, and repeat again: her every muscle movement twitching and sore and the anger expressed became sorrow and misery. Deeply involved in her anguish she felt the edges of her eyes pained and her vision darkened as she heard the whispers and sorrowful cries of those around her.

With Scorch walking she kept beside Leilan but stopped suddenly.

The forest was unsafe, the brown spatterings on the autumn leaves deeper now: and the voices of fairies and and other creatures all shouted in a chorus of terror and ill-news.

“We can’t… we can’t go there.” she mewls, she says softly. “The plague, there is contagion… sickness.”

Whispering and low her voice is almost broken, but, Sarkis is suddenly able to lift her head. The gentle and tender mare shivering as she swivels an ear and looks around at the expanse of Nerine. “This place is also not safe; but… I can’t leave, I don’t want to. I want to be home.” on the verge of tears her voice breaks at the latter remark.

Breathing heavily she tries to calm herself, to suppress the panic and rage- the wild emotions that ravage her every thought. “I can’t go back there, I have to stay here: I don’t want to be in the darkness anymore.” pleading and shaking her head she focuses.

Looking between Leilan and Scorch, staring at them… she adjusts her jaw before speaking. “I don’t know what to do… what do we do?” she asks, thinking that perhaps: hopefully, her family will have the answer.

@[Scorch] & @[Leilan] part two...

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    There's a voice in their heads, or rather, multiple ones. Of course, he hadn't trusted Carnage and besides he wasn't going to risk everything he knew over some stupid idiot that was unlucky enough to cross the dark god. But while he'd held Sarkis, grounded her, things had shifted, and now there was an island off their coast as well as that the whole kingdom looked... decidedly different.

Looking from his mother to his sister, it took him a moment for the feelings to set in. Then suddenly he stirred. "Sarkis! You go ahead to that safe island. Be with you later."

And off he went, flying to check out the rest of the kingdom (though, he didn't go into the forest like Sarkis mentioned).

Off to make sure Thorgal and Roseen were safe; hoping to find Breckin in the midst of everything; meanwhile praying silently that Chryseis was safe in Hyaline with her mother and their queens, though he just assumed that they were. Hoping Ophanim and Jenova weren't lost in the middle of everything - but prioritize. First things first; the first thing to do was gather the ones he could find.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Sarkis] @[Scorch] A quick in and out, sorry, busy busy xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Whatever fear she had, whatever hesitation: it is gone- flown off and free.

There is, instead, a silent rage: a bizarre and strained anger that barely keeps itself from tearing through her and overwhelming her mind. Stubborn and in disbelief she huffs, looking to Scorch and balks with wide eyes and her jaw slacking as she sees Leilan leave.

It is not abandonment for herself she feels, no, but rather she feels a strange sense of anguish and frustration at the thought of leaving Nerine: at the idea of abandoning the very place they come to rest after the Jungles had been lost to flood, to the fires- and to the ever changing face of Beqanna.

“I can’t leave, I can’t.” she states to Scorch: purposeful and deep, her head lifting and curling back as she arches the slender neck.

With the same burning passions and ferocity that she possessed a fearless child, there is a blossoming and an awakening of something in her that rouses a severity in the very fabrics of her being. “Someone has to stay here and safeguard Nerine. We fled the Jungles before, and we came here- it’s our home, and we can’t leave it just because of this. Some people may not make the swim, they may not survive- and even if there is sickness…”

She trails off, steps back and looks around with a brilliance in those hazel-green eyes that has always been there.

“I will remain to help shelter Nerine and those who come, those who stay. I can do this, they will need it: please Mother, please go to safety.” she asks, but, silently it is more of a command- her ears pressing back and posture shifting as she roots herself and stands.

@[Scorch] & @[Leilan]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Above the din of chaos which roars in her ears day and night, the needs of her family come. Despite the fuckery going on at Icicle Isle, and the whimsical parleying of Breckin and Brennen, everything is still completely messed up. And the cripsy mare has to worry about a shitton more than that, too: she has a not-even-a-yearling daughter for christ's sake, not to mention a son that doesn't use either of his heads to think, and a daughter so traumatized from who-knows-what that she needs babying, too.

She wants to scream. In fact, she has screamed multiple times since the contagion was released - not where anyone could hear her, and usually with a twilight gag to muffle the sounds of her frustration. She may have present a united front against all these changes when it is important to do so, but really, she is fucking tired. She didn't come back to life for this bullshit - and motherhood has worn her down to the point that she begins questioning even her loyalty to the Leviathans.

After all, she is an Amazon first - and they are disintegrating, their moral code is floundering, and what level-headed creatures are left to Nerine's cause are far outnumbered by the sick and the crazed. Scorch hasn't decided yet, but one thing is for sure: something in her demeanor must change, and soon. Something has got to give. And it will not be her dedication to her family - that entity can turn itself inside out and backwards before she gives up on it.

But the kingdom she pledged allegiance to as a filly is no longer.

The rose on her chest is a sign of loyalty to an institute which died long ago, one that she pretended that she could bring back if she just tried hard enough.

Leilan is leaving, going to check on his family she guesses - she calls a good bye but he doesn't seem to hear. Blue is at her side, obedient and observant, two qualities which are blessings in times like these. Scorch makes sure that the two have contact at all times, for without the sensation of her youngest daughter pressed to her side, panic ensues.

But in the moment when she most needs guidance, it comes in the strangest form: where once she had whimpered and worried, a new Sarkis emerges, a flaming passion glowing so brightly that it rekindles Scorch's. The brave woman speaks of the Jungle with a vigor that makes Scorch feel sick and triumphant all at once, and of course, proud: she raised this girl, this girl who so devoutly wishes to keep Nerine in tact. Scorch's eyes - green, emerald - go out to the horizon, wondering who else has fled or elected to stay in this land.

At the last, however, the dear girl commands her mother to leave. This makes Scorch laugh - and the sound is as it always has been, deep and mutilated and warm.

"Sarkis, you forget that I have lead a kingdom, raised an empire's worth of children, and died - and been revived. A little cough will not dissuade me from my post - and it is because of you that I have decided to stay, too. Even if everything changes - and it is changing let me assure you - this is the place I want to be. With you. With Leilan. With Breckin and Brennen. We are small and unmighty in comparison to the evils which threaten our world... But we must try."

"For the Amazon Jungle."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Sarkis] sort of a weird post and I'm not really sure how to continue from here, but I'm glad we've established that they will be staying here. Maybe they can patrol borders for now, and meet newcomers. Make sure no one claims Nerine.
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    She listens, she waits: and most of all, she finds in herself a sudden certainty growing that stretches through and around- all the way into the fiber of her being. Sarkis is powerless, not gifted nor specialized like Scorch and Leilan… not like her other siblings, and she knows that; but, she does not consider this a flaw nor an issue- and she knows only in that moment that for the first time in what seems to be hours… there is comfort in her skin, in her body. She stretches but allows her gaze to fall to Scorch, to Blue- even Leilan in his goodbye.

“Khaleesi.” she speaks, embracing title and ancient word with some manner of affection. Gentle as she was there as still fire and a draconic aspect to how she suddenly inhaled and drew herself up with growing confidence.

She listens to Scorch, ot her mother, and she recalls these truth with fondness and with the same respect obeyed to any. Crossing a foreleg in front of the other she remains postured and thinking, mulling over the truths and words- the whispers of Gods and Fairies, or Spirits and entities she cannot even name.

Sarkis clicks her tongue over the back of her teeth.

“I-” she begins to say, almost considering what excuse she might try to reason in this moment but it falls apart and instead she continues with a sigh. “I remember, it is just concern… I don’t know where to begin but it seems reasonable to patrol the borders for now. I just can’t go- it feels wrong. Helping whose sick, yes, that’s fine; but abandoning our home? I understand we want to have safety… to make it so people can stay uninfected in the Cove. This is all just madness.” she pauses.

Elongated and drawn out she thinks, considers, and imagines the laugh God-Mage and his maddened form. “Carnage, Pangea… we could blame them all we want but, in the end Beqanna has always done this. Change and chaos, something drastic followed by rebuilding. It’s just the nature of where we are.”

Reality in her mind is mutable and bizarre, time strained and she thinks back to the world and its endless versions. “We’re going to need to prepare too, if there are upstarts trying to settle and find claim… hm.”
    @[Sarkis] rolled a 6 and is safe. For now.

@[Leilan] is infected by the plague (rolled a 3).
    He is a carrier (rolled a 6).
    He does not express a trait (rolled a 4).

@[Scorch] is infected by the plague (rolled a 5).
    She is a carrier (rolled a 1).
    She does not express a trait (rolled a 6).

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Khaleesi, her daughter said, the enunciation crystal clear: far better than those who attempted the word today, who had not been raised with the ancient term. It made Scorch smile nostalgically, tucking her head to shake her head and laugh... But the sound was not happy nor mirthful, but dust-like. Ash-like. Particular, and choking. She looked up to her daughter after a moment, watching the way the wind caught her dark tendrils of mane and tail.

"That word no longer applies to me, sweet daughter - but I am flattered that you would use it as such. Breckin is our khaleesi now."

But no urge came to her to speak further on the topic of the spotted mare, having recently had a tiff with her over the small issue of two male members murdering an escaped captive out of pure impulsivity. Luckily, Sarkis voices more concerns, distracting the ancient mare from her own qualms. She listened carefully, and yet found herself wondering why the fuck she had ever complained of a simple life... Of boredom... When the alternative option, was this.

Contagion. Disease. Chaos.

"I am with you, Sarkis. Beqanna will fuck people over regardless of our choices. And we are always left to rebuild... And I suppose there must be gratitude for the fact that we few have been chosen to continue on when we could have been cast down by the gods, or whatever forces govern this continent."

"As for settling... I am hoping that we shall remain somewhat settled, that Breckin will choose Nerine over the safety of a foreign land. Come to the kingdom meeting she will be calling soon... I feel that your voice will be of merit among the masses of those who have forgotten the truth of our living here. The truth of the Leviathans... Of the Amazons."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Sarkis] I literally couldn't tell you waht i just wrote, please excuse this jargon
    [Image: scorch2.png]