• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All Good Things Come To An End -{Bane}
    Wink 
    Time has passed since Lepis had left, he has found himself in a state similar to when Dacia left him. Confused, angry and an emotion rollercoaster. Why did she have so much control over his emotions? He wanted to confide in Rey, but it was better he remain alone, before he says something to her that he would regret. 

If anyone would be able to make him feel better it would be none other than Wolfbane. Although Lepis fled back to Loess, at least she claimed that, the two kingdoms still had a relationship. So long as he did not have to speak or see Lepis, the two kingdoms could continue as planned.

His visit was not only to break away from his hermit state, but also to discuss the news, should he not already know.

Arthas passes the border of Sylva into Loess, the trees grew less and less and the mountain became more clear. Loess always felt comforting for him, a kingdom that he will always claim as home, his heart would always beat in Loess. He casually gazed about the kingdom, leaves being blown all around as fall was here and soon enough the snow would cover the ground. His head gazed about, a whinny escaped his maw and he only hoped to catch Banes attention. Lepis was always good at hearing Arthas when he called, he hopes that today would not prove a similar outcome.

@[Wolfbane]

My dreams have all come true

That sound.
    Not long ago Wolfbane had felt elated to hear it ring out in a tone specifically meant for him, and now it makes his gut twinge and a fever rise. He doesn’t want to see hide or hair of his old mentor, (soon enough he’ll get his wish) but it’s not because of guilt, oh no. Far from it, actually. It’s more along the lines of dominating rage: Wolfbane’s claimed what Arthas coveted for so long, and he’s not willing to barter, beg, or simper over the matter now.

In fact he approaches the taller stallion with grit in his stare and a sense of cautious energy surrounding him. “Arthas … you rang?” He says, coming into close proximity with the Sylvian King. Idly, the pale strands of his white tail flick aside and then fall quietly behind him again, steadying like his moss green eyes when they land on the conflicted panes of a face he once nearly idolized.

For a moment he relaxes, remembering that there actually was good reason for the other male to be here between all that’s happened with Hyaline and Vulgaris. With any luck the two of them could avoid the topic of Lepis altogether.

However, Bane can’t see how a very familiar, light blue feather has worked itself in between his own ivory ones. It stands out like a red flag in a sea of alabaster.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Arthas]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    The last time Bane and Arthas spoke Bane was supposed to scope out Ischia. Arthas promised to be the one to visit Loess and to find out about his visit. It had been longer than he intended, but he was here not only to visit his first home, but to visit his closest friend, Bane.

It did not take long for the yellow and blue stallion to appear, a smile grew on his maw as he appeared. Though the stallion did not seem himself....he approached Arthas with caution, was something wrong with Bane? With Loess? You rang? he inquires, there was no humor shared that was a normal behavior for the pair. Yes... the word cautiously escaped his maw just keeping my promise

The scent of Lepis ran through his nare and his eyes honed in on Bane, it wasn't odd as she was tbe cleric and he was the king. His eyes gazed over the stallion, hoping he was not in danger, any reason for him to be acting this way. His eyes stopped at his wings, he caught a blue feather entwined with his own....a blue that did not match his....a blue that matched Lepis'.

Anger quickly took control of Arthas You have got to be kidding me he snorts, his ears pinned to the dome of his head. Everything made sense now, he had come to terms that Lepis had left him, but he could not believe that Bane would be the reason.

No, he can not come to the conclusion, he had to hear the words from Banes own mouth. Go ahead Bane, tell me it isn't true hatred seeping out in his tone. The dapple stallion stood taller, sizing up the striped king. He could not forgive the betrayal of his closest friend, a friend who he treated as a son. Had the bastard really done this to him?

@[Wolfbane] Smile

My dreams have all come true

Oh the Bastard really had, and he’d really loved doing it as well.

The sheer confusion on Arthas’ face, coupled alongside a tentative few words (just keeping his promise) does, at first, knock the wind a bit out of Wolfbane’s sails. Of course the gray had visited to discuss diplomacy, that’s what they were about anyways, right? They’d always worked in tandem this way, bouncing off each other’s shoulders until they broke through the sky and found themselves on the moon. Their camaraderie had been near perfect in its design, obvious these days in the meager but well-known success of their joining two kingdoms together.

And here Bane was, holding the hammer that shattered it all.

The unswerving stare he’d pinned on his once-mentor notes the way Arthas’ eyes have strayed and, turning his head aside himself, the Lord of Loess follows that trail until they’re both staring at that damn incriminating feather.
    Such a simple, singular thing.
    Without turning to look back at the dappled stallion, Bane hears the wild snort and the disbelief, all of which combine to give him innards made from steel and a fresh resolve to end this, here and now. “No horse demands anything of me.” The pegasus stallion replies coldly, finally straightening out to glare headlong at the imposing creature burrowing metaphorical holes through his golden skin with pure hatred. “Though I’m curious to hear what you’ll do, since it’s true.” He tacks on at the last minute, every syllable cut from stone as his words fall heavily between them.

Where he treads is only a dead end, still Bane runs headlong into it. “Before you answer remind yourself of where you are, Arthas.” The younger brute warns, red-orange sparks flying off his tongue and through his teeth, “And remind yourself who it is you’re speaking to right now.”

Like all good nightmares do

@[Arthas] so sassy
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    When Arthas came to Loess he was hoping the humor the two always shared would life his spirits. Instead he was humiliated by the fact he never saw a romance between his prior queen and his best friend. Arthas has come a long way in his anger, but in this moment all the betrayal and pain forced his body to boil, it was only time before he would lose it  

The pair's gaze turns to the single blue feather together, did they think he wouldn't find out? Was he planning on ever telling Arthas? Would he have avoided him forever? No horse demands anything of me Bane states, Arthas looks on bewildered. The power has gone to his head, love was shadowing his better judgement. Bane was messing with the wrong stallion, he will not be put in whatever place Bane was trying.

I'm curious what you'll do, since its true. Before you answer remind yourself were you are, and who you are talking to. The striped stallion has lost his mind, Arthas stares at him in disbelief. The his discontent was obvious, the acid his body secretes started to bubble.

Oh Bane I know where I am, in case you forgot I was once the king to the thriving Loess. This kingdom was once my home, I have friends still lying within the kingdom, I know what this kingdom has to offer. His tone grew cold, A kingdom that I passed on to you, Bane. I obviously made the wrong choice, you are letting the power get to your head. It is you who should be reminded who you're talking to   He was older than Bane, he has seen war before, he has seen beqannas lands shift, he has seen leaders fall.

You knew what you were doing, I hope she is worth everything you will lose. Loess and Sylva no longer have ties, if any Loess member is seen in Sylva they will be taken captive. Consider this your warning of war Bane, I suggest you gather your army. He didn't want anything from Bane, not Loess or Lepis, perhaps the mutual feeling of betrayal.