• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Will Fulfill Your Promise- Wolfbane

Mary
    Mary was a free spirit, she could not sit still for long, the desire to travel was strong. She wanted to see everything and meet everyone. She was born and raised in Loess, though when her father took control of Sylva they left and she had little time to say goodbye to her first home. She had been visiting new lands, but today she decided to venture out to Loess, to see the mountain filled kingdom once more.

Along with her trip, she hoped to meet Wolfbane, she had vaguely seen him before, but she was so little she did not remember much. Her father speaks so highly of him, it was only proper that she meets him for herself, if he was not a stallion she would think he was another mistress of her fathers. 

It was not a long trip, Sylva and Loess were neighbors. It was clear when Sylva ended, the brush filled kingdom slowly spread out until there was only one or two in sight, instead the trees were replaced by mountains. It was a beautiful sight in the kingdom, the sunset and sunrise were different at every mountain. She does not get to see the sun much in Sylva, only in the winter when all the trees have died off.

She does not hesitate to cross the border, not only because it was once her home, but because of the alliance the two kingdoms shared. The now grey mare pranced through the kingdom, a gentle breeze swayed around, she laughs at the gentle tickle the wind brought. She playfully tossed around her head, she never failed to have a fun time even if she was alone. She raises her head to allow a whinny to escape her maw ohhh Wolfbane she calls out his name, certain to not find anyone she did not want.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane] finally got a post up<3

WOLFBANE

A sound of rushing air breaks the pleasant silence, and from behind a summer-green hill the shape of Wolfbane’s snow-colored wings soon bring him into focus. He hovers curiously atop the large rise, peering down to where the call of his name had come from, and when he spots the young, recognizable filly Bane doesn’t hesitate to swoop down the sloping side and coast over the ground to where she wandered.

“Look who it is!” The mature stallion whistles brokenly, circling the petite gray girl before coming to a soft landing beside her. “Mary mary, quite contrary.” He teases lightly, a boyish grin splitting his mouth apart just so he can reach out to tug at her growing mane. “How did something so lovely come from something like a rhinoceros of your father?” The elder male wonders, laughing gently as he moved apart from the girl. At his sides both wings furl closer, tucking atop his spine like a pale cloak might.

“What brings you east to my neck of the woods?” Bane asks at last, shaking out his upright mane so that it could settle properly. The wind always seemed to leave kinks and breaks when he flew, and it felt better when all the short, white bristles lined up in row. “You can’t possibly be bored of Sylva already, can you?” He smirks, relaxing one blue-stockinged leg.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Mary]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Mary
    Though she had once lived here, she was a completely different equine, she was much more care free, and less proper than when she left here. Most equines would have traveled through the kingdom silently until they ran into someone, perhaps her calling out the King would be frowned upon, but then again she was not to big into wasting time.

Soon enough the yellow and blue stallion appears look who it is! he yells out, a smile tugging at her maw. He circles around her a couple times before coming to a halt, she playfully rolls her eyes at the show he put on. How did something so lovely come from something of a rhinoceros of your father? He inquires as he tugged on her mane, a genuine laugh passed her maw. She stood up slightly taller at the compliment, it was no lie though, her looks did not come from her father. Mother is the one with the looks A small chuckle parts her maw.

He puts more distance between him, she never remembered him looking this way... So attractive. She finds herself pondering why he has no children of his own yet, surely others were interested in him. Her thoughts were pushed to the side when he speaks again what brings you to my neck of the woods? He asks You can't be bored of Sylva already he adds.

Another laugh escapes her maw Well I was born here She looks around the mountain filled kingdom, Sylva was more a home to her than Loess was, but she still had memories here. Sometimes I miss the sunset here, we don't have this view in Sylva She admits, the colorful orange, pink and blue sky is blocked out by the coverage. Besides, I figured you must be bored, Arthas only left you with Vulgaris after all She laughs, sure there were other mares in here...but weren't they all his family? And then there was that queen he crowned, though no one really knew who she was or how in the world she became the queen. A simple detail that she did not bother to mention How is Sylva now that my family is gone? Less clustered I imagine A joke, Arthas only took two mares, Mary and her brother Delta. Four is not a big number, but it can be noticed when four bodies disapear in the same day.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane]

WOLFBANE

Hearty and full, a raucous laugh bursts free from Wolfbane’s chest at the honest truth Mary speaks. She certainly was her mother’s child, but knowing Rey as he did Bane doubted that was entirely a bad thing. Her confidence and interest in socializing seem to be the ‘Arthas’ side of her, as Rey wouldn’t be caught dead actively looking for company. The odd color-changing mare was a hermit at best.

Her beauty though … it runs through Mary and suits her, even though the girl isn’t much older than a yearling. She’s got those fine, long legs and a maturing shape about her. Given a few years, the pegasus stallion doubts she’ll have any problems finding a suitor.

“Ehhhhh…” Wolfbane groans, “Vulgaris isn’t boring at all.” He chuckles, turning to gaze at the sky like she did. Her comment of the view and sunset remind him of his own childhood in Tephra. Those memories are a lifetime away from the present and still … he aches for the sulfuric volcano and unusually choppy seashore.

Turning back again, a pleasantly mild smile eases onto his face. Mary (like Dayé and Sawtooth) was growing quickly, spending up a childhood she’d soon miss. For a moment he contemplates; envisions her as his own child.

The ensuing pain of that idea puts an end to the daydream.

“Loess is surprisingly lively these days. We’ve had a steady flow of visitors and two newcomers, though I’m not sure if one of them will actually stay.” He recalls, flipping through the events of Heartfire’s arrival, Woolf’s proposal, and Electra’s … introduction. “I’m almost glad you left.” He teases cheekily, ears dropping while the rest of his face whipped up a devilish expression.

“We’d be overcrowded!” He exclaims, throwing his brightly-marked head to the sky in a playful shake. “However -” Bane pauses, calming himself, “- we’ve been sharing Lepis. Good thing she can fly.” The brute winks, ruffling his own pale wings.

“What do you think about your dad crowning her Queen?” He wonders, finally calm enough to give Mary his full attention. This question, unexpected as it was, seemed wholly diplomatic and curious in nature. He often wondered how the herd dynamic affected Arthas’s other offspring, though from what he could gather Rey didn’t seem to mind. She never really cared about anything as far as he could recall.

The Sylvian Princess was safe here. She could talk freely without threat of being discovered. Wolfbane had never been one to share a secret once told to him, but this isn’t exactly secretive persay.

Just a bit revealing, that’s all.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Mary]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Mary
    It was nice to be back in Loess, a small break from the silence she finds in Sylva. Sure father was the king now, but it was almost as if he told everyone to stay away from her, she search for the residents but she could not find any of them. She was able to make plenty of friends outside the kingdom, but it seemed father did not get around to put a warning out in Loess.

Her eyes gaze upon him, trying not to appear as though she is staring. Was it weird to think he was attractive? Her father nearly thought of him as a son....or perhaps a lover...either way it was weird...but she could not help glancing over his defined muscles.

Vulgaris isn't boring at all his voice distracted her from the thoughts she had, her eyes flicked from his muscles to find his gaze. She gives a quick laugh in response, she did not know the dapple stallion, though she heard of him vaguely. A friend her father made before leaving, the new Champion when Arthas left.

She asks how Sylva was, it was pleasant to hear the kingdom was striving. Her first home, growing in numbers, a steady flow of equines visiting with interest. Surely it was the nature of beqanna, equines wanting to leave there parents grasps, eventually branching out from there home kingdom to taste fresh air, to path there own path. A path that Mary will most likely make herself, soon enough she will be able to make that decision, returning to Loess or going to a new kingdom all together. I am glad to hear that Loess is doing well! Sylva fairs decently as well a gentle smile tugs at her lips, the own thought of her first recruit crosses her mind.

I'm almost glad you left He says, she gasps that he would say such a thing! She was offended, but her face remained neutral, but a laugh bursts from her maw when she sees his expression. Admit it, you miss me The laughter of children were gone, at least less in numbers. She thought highly of herself, everyone had to be her fan...right?

The conversation shifts from there humor to serious, however he says. Weve been sharing Lepis, good thing she can fly She fights the urge to roll her eye at the mention of the mare. Not only was her father wrapped around her, but Bane too....? What was so special about her? Something she would perhaps never truly understand. Yes...good thing she responds.

What do you think about your dad crowning her queen? a question that she did not expect. She gazes at him, her head slightly tilted, she was young in age...but her father raised her with a political mind, she understood kingdoms and Loess and Sylvas relationship was anything but. How do you feel about him crowning her queen? Surely it could not be easy to share your Cleric with another kingdom. you could never ask Mary a question an expect a simple answer. She can not strip the navy mare of her talent, she was a great diplomat and she probably dug her father out of more holes that he realizes...but that does not mean she has to like her, the spot that Mary thinks her own mother should rightfully have. She is alright, she avoids me, probably because I am not her child. Mary shrugs, a situation that was outside of her knowledge, did her mother and Lepis get along? Did she hate Mary? She cannot recall a single conversation with the mare, proof they avoided each other.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane]