• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suppressed by all my childish fears; Kypria
    Jack stands under dense greenery feeling the mid summers breeze blow through his thick, tangled black mane which hasn’t been touched since the last time he was with his owner. His owner, boy does he miss her. She would give him treats and she knew where he loved to be scratched, right under his chest between his front legs. He sighs softly, looking at a small spring, seeing his reflection staring back at him. “It’s better off being wild,” He mumbles to himself, trying to get the plaguing thought of wanting to go back to the humans out of his mind. 

He closes his eyes for a moment, only to immediately be bombarded with memories of the abuse on the tracks, off the tracks, and then the barn fire. He jumps and opens his eyes instantly, taking heavy breaths, feeling his heart beating out of his body. “It was only a memory, it’s only a memory,” he chants to himself almost like a mantra.

There’s no doubts that his past has traumatized him, but it’s how he deals with those memories is what matters and how he goes forward with life. But what was life to him without being loved and feeling important to anyone?

Kypria
    The young filly has just woken from an afternoon nap, and she prowls the island with one goal in mind: adventure.

The search seems futile in this quiet place, but the girl is gifted with a bright imagination, and soon she is chasing down dragons and defending the western island from a plague of invading bird-shifters. Really, she chases the parrots and gulls along the coastline, shouting threats at them as she flings sand in her wake.

Kypria has just located the lead general war-lord king shifter (a particularly large tern) and is racing toward him down the beach when she hears something. She skids to a halt, sand flying, and looks into the greenery. At first she sees nothing, but there it is again: a voice. Not a voice that she knows. Kypria follows it without any hesitation at all.

"Hello!" She says brightly to the stranger that stands beside the spring. "Whatcha doing?" Her hazel eyes are as curious as they are unconcerned, and her pale lips are parted in an innocent smile.
    Jack feels his body jump a little bit, not expecting anyone to see him or go over to him. He looks away from the spring and turns his head to see the pure white filly smiling at him.

"O-oh, hi there," Jack says, still in his melancholy state. Once the filly asks him what he's doing, he realizes that he's really not sure what he's doing. "I'm not sure, just thinking, I guess," he replies. He backs away from the crystal clear water. "What are you doing out here? Where's your mom?" he asks, worried that the filly's mom would be looking for her.
    The brown stallion jumped, visibly startled. Kypria's head tilts curiously as he turns to face her, intrigued both by the fact that she had surprised an adult and by the odd color of the stranger's coat. It is brown, like the dark of the trees, and not like anything she has ever seen before. The only horses she knows are her jewel-toned parents, her violet ombre half-sister, and her two fire-haired, splashily painted cousins. This horse with his bright coat is very strange indeed.

He sounds sad, Kypria decides, and doesn't seem interested in talking to her. Mother gets like this, sometimes. The white filly recognizes the mood, somber and not at all fun, and she is breifly disheartened. The stranger shows some promise though, when a new emotion enters his voice.

Unfortunately for the nearly two year old filly, it is worry. She gets enough of that already.

"I live here." She tells him firmly, pulling her head up to stand proud and (hopefully) imposing. "and I don't need my mom. I'm a grown-up too." She is not, of course, being barely eighteen months old. Of course, she is weaned, and to Kypria that is a surefire sign of maturity.

"Why are you on my island? Does Daddy know you're here. I don't think he'd be happy if he did." The words spill out as rapidly as the chatter of the parrots overhead (who have returned to business as usual with Kypria to hunt them). Her girlish voice makes light of the danger; the purple-haired filly has never actually witness what her father does to keep the family safe - and secluded.

@[Jack in the Box]
    Jack chuckles softly, at the filly being all brave. “Sorry for offending you,” he says softly, lowering his head in respect. He hears that her father doesn’t know he’s on the island. “I don’t know your father,” he mentions. “I’m sorry if I’m intruding, I was just following the river and I ended up here. I can leave if your father won’t be happy with me.” He knows this feeling all too well, of not being wanted or loved. He flicks his ears back softly as his voice went from a light chuckle to a sadder tone.

@Kypria