• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show Me Your Secrets -[Oriax,Any]

Mary
    He was arrogant as all hell, but she liked it. She always met nice and proper equines, but he was different. She liked a horse who was able to say whatever they want, he was the first horse to push her buttons. In reality, he seemed like a perfect fit for Sylva, perhaps even someone she could call a friend in the future. 

She asks if he wanted to visit Sylva, see it in its flesh and glory. I could do more than that he responds, she looks at him and wanted to burst out laughing but maintained her composure. Wouldn't you like that  she gives a quick wink before once again moving towards Sylva. It'll be interesting to meet your daddy he mutters, this time she was unable to hold back a smile  Oh yes, make sure you tell him the kingdom princess is an innocent angel but in all reality, she hoped he told her father she flirted with him  Damn Arthas, he was always trying to 'protect' Mary, but she was more than capable of handling herself, she did not need her fathers guidance. Nothing made her more happy than seeing her father happy, the asshole labeled Mary a bastard when he crowned Lepis queen, leaving her own mother a mistress  She bears the stallion once again, she reaches her maw out and gently nibbles at his whiskers, This way she demands, running off once again not looking back for him. 

The travel to Sylva was rather quiet, but fast. The scent of the forest filled her nares, this is it. She announces, the bright green trees were fully bloomed and offered protection from any winged equines above. The forest offered the perfect amount of shade from the cruel summer heat. 

Long May She Reign

@[Oriax]

Oriax stood out against the bright hues of orange and yellow that now surrounded the pair as they traipsed deeper into what he could only assume was Sylva. It was overwhelmingly fresh smelling - a barrage of sweet aromas smacked the dappled stallion in the nares, and his soft velvets wrinkled in silent protest as their adventure continued. The views itself were striking, but it would take him some time to acclimate to his new surroundings and their smells.

Mary confirms what he already knew. “This is it,” she speaks, her bird like voice once more invading his headspace. Oriax flicked his tresses in response. He continued to peer around with judging orbs, though his facade remained stone like. “Seems fitting that you’d be belched from these lands,” the stallion coughed, implying things that should not be implied. Whether or not his words held truth behind action was a mystery, even to himself in this particular moment. His prior retorts did not thwart the filly from coming closer and he admired the little girl’s desire for chaos.

“What now, Mary? An introduction to your Dad, who will only want to rip my ugly mug to shreds for befriending his little girl?” He stifled a cackle. Him, befriend someone (especially as young and naive as little Mary? An impossible feat. “I’m not your lamb, Mary,” Oriax added for effect as his jaws reached for her in a quick nip. It was not meant to be taken as a flirtatious action, but he left it up for interpretation by the little grey girl.

it`ll only hurt for a s e c o n d is my favorite [ fucking ] lie

@Mary

Mary
    Mary had always been a wild child, her half brother Delta was always the proper son. He always wanted to please father and be the best prince he could, the most annoying part was he tried to protect Mary when father wasn't around. All she wanted was her freedom, when she managed to escape the eyes of her father and brother she met plenty of other equines, but all of them were kind and gentle. Sylva is rumored to house the evil and rude equines, so why has she never met one? Did father make sure they avoided her? Now that she was older and able to venture out on her own it was only time she ran into someone like Oriax.

When she announces there arrival to Sylva he only responds with a nod. She tried to gauge his reaction, but he did not have one. He remained neutral and she only hoped he would stay in the kingdom. The silence was finally broken Seems fitting that you'd be belched from these lands. Pretty? I know a smirk grew on her maw.  She was naive and slightly arrogant but didn't fully understand what he meant by it. Little did he know she was actually born in Loess, the kingdom her father used to rule, a small detail she left out.

They trail a little deeper and he asks what they would do now. She finds his gaze and followed it with a shrug Father would only want to hurt you if he knew you liked me she flicked her tail towards his rump playfully though he added in I am not your lamb what did he mean by that? I am sure he will want to meet you, but it doesn't have to be today. Will you call Sylva your home? She inquired, her voice was calm, cool and collected but deep down she hoped he would stay. 

Long May She Reign

@[Oriax]

“Father would only want to hurt you if he knew you liked me,” The little girl’s siren voice carried words she did not know the meaning to. Like her? It was almost pitiful she assumed herself so high ranking in Oriax’s consciousness. The hybrid brute did not like anyone. But, he also didn’t hate anyone. He was caught in a limbo where emotion did not exist; it evaded him where emotional responses should be required. “I’d like to meet him,” Oriax states, simply. A hint of a smirk threatens to part his lips, but he refrains.

“Will you call Sylva your home?” An interesting thought. Oriax had not experienced a familiar ‘home’ in quite some time. His dark blue orbs flitted away from Mary’s small frame, gazing towards the brilliantly colored foliage surrounding the pair. Leaves twittered in a gentle breeze, a refreshing calmness that would have been comforting to a horse capable of feeling such luxuries. He pondered for a moment before giving an answer.

“I suppose,” he starts, eyes returning to the small statured girl. Her naivety could be molded obligingly. “But understand, Mary, I do not babysit. I am not here for comfort nor wisom,” Oriax continues, warning the girl of his unwillingness for complacency. He reached out once more, nares inhaling deeply of her youthful sweetness. Almost tasting, his eyes momentarily flash with a carnal hunger that is only tangible to the darkest of souls. The brute blinks, moving away from her small frame, once more turning his gaze away from her and onto the impressive foliage.

@Mary
    It was business as usual for Arthas, he was in an odd spot in life. Just rekindled with Rey and fighting with Lepis, he was constantly in an agitated state, it caused for a grumpy king.

What was most notable to him was the lack of contact with his children recently, he has seen Delta here and there, but he also never worried for the boy. Mary on the other hand, she was a handful. She was always looking for trouble, she was a strong and independent filly, one who did not conform to societies standards. Her behaviors were not necessarily bad....but they were also not good.

He was out patrolling the border, ensuring no intruders wandered in, he hoped he would run into Mary as well.

Patrolling took a decent amount of time, he made it around half the border when finally he picked up the scent of Mary...and another? The stranger did not carry another kingdoms smell, perhaps Mary finally did some good and recruited someone?

A small smirk of pride grew on his maw and he hurried towards there scents. He eventually found the pair before him, Mary beside a brute similar in color to Arthas. He did not give a greeting, primarily in hopes to pick up the mood of there conversation. As he grew near he failed to hear anything, but he arrived just in time to witness the stallion examiner his daughter. The stranger inhaling her scent, his eyes grew wide with anger, he knew what stallions end game was  

Mary! he yells out, anger apparent in his voice. His head turned to the stranger who might the lad attempting to court my youngest daughter be? his only daughter, but he didn't need to know that. His gaze was set on the dappled stallion, a fire brewing.

OOC: I'll post Mary here shortly!

He brought up her father that he insisted on meeting, she really did not know why. He wasn't anything exciting, if anything overbearing and protective. She was to free of a spirit, they were polar opposites and she could only handle him in small doses. She shrugs at his request in due time she murmurs.

More importantly, she inquired his desire to stay in Sylva, he was an equine she could bare being around, hopefully he won't run away so quickly. He took some time to ponder, he gazed about the area and she thinks about how beautiful it is in the fall. All the leaves change, hues of red orange and green fill the forest. Fall was her favorite season, though shortly after winter came leaving the forest bare and open for all to examine.

Finally Oriax gives a response, I suppose inside she does of joy. He said he would stay! A small smirk tugged at her lips good! but of course he interrupts. I do not babysit, I am not here for comfort why did he keep saying this!? She rolls her eyes good, some goes for you! You'll have to make your own friends, I can't have you cramping my style. a hint of mockery was detectable in her tone.

He extends his maw, he was close to her, examining her once again. Her body grew tense, she didn't know how she should react, what was he looking for!? Before she could process any further her father was telling her name. oh no... she whispers, this was the worst possible situation her father could find them in.

He came running over, his anger was apparent, who knows what he thought...saw...or heard. Demanding to know who Oriax was, embarassed her father mentions courting her. Dad! she snorts, she moves closer to Oriax, an attempt to keep a fight from breaking out he wasn't courting me! This is Oriax, our newest member! she wanted to run away, hide from the embarrassment of her father, barely able to find eye contact with Oriax again.

@[Oriax]

Oriax’s chest thrummed with what should have been an annoying resonance at the girl’s words of “cramping her style”, but he equated her response to being young. Too young. She was flirting with (literally, and figuratively) with a force she could not understand, and the dappled stallion otherwise would have disciplined her sharply if not for the unnecessary waste of energy it would bring. He simply purses his lips in her direction, unsure of how to react in an indignitave manner.

“Oh no,” her whispered voice cuts through the silence, a sharp tone weighing heavy on it. It comes after a voice in the distance snarled her name, a voice belonging to only a father readily aiming to scorn a defiant child. Oriax’s dull eyes moved onto a form moving quickly towards them, and the dappled brute immediately knew it was Mary’s sire. The stag looked very similar to his own form, dappled grey and standing at an impressive height. An eyebrow cocked waiting for an outright emotional fit from the angered father, watching intently as he approached them.

“Who might the lad be attempting to court my youngest daughter?” The emotionally fueled voice questions, disdain painted across the owner’s face. Oriax waits. The stag is staring at him, bright eyes sparkling with anger. “Dad!” Mary’s voice attempts to cut the tension as her small frame closes in on Oriax’s proximity. What was her end-game with that move? He would move through her, without a second thought if the situation escalated into physical blows.

He would tear them both limb from limb.

“He wasn’t courting me! This is Oriax, our newest member!” Mary pleads, her embarrassment more than tangible in the youngster’s voice. A low growl permeates from Oriax’s throat, implying that Mary was more than welcome to discontinue her explanations to her overbearing sire. His eyes move from her to the beast before him, dead eyes unwaveringly intense.

“Yes,” Oriax begins, thinking momentarily before continuing. “It seems this lovely little girl wants me to live here, with her,” A taunting smirk pulls at the corners of his dark lips. “I can safely assume you dictate these lands,” his rasped voice once more vibrates around them as he makes a motion with his skull in the direction of the trees around them. It would be interesting for Oriax, to live under the rule of another.

He was never one for listening.

“Should I accept your daughter’s invitation into Sylva, will your ego follow me throughout?” He questions, the fire of sarcastic temptation tainting his vocals. He wouldn’t follow the rules cast down from a man who was overbearing; Oriax was a more than capable beast. The King could perhaps even thank him for being as civil with his daughter as he had been prior to his abrupt interruption. “I could keep her out of trouble,” This time Oriax lies, and he turns quickly to Mary to wink at her. It was a motion that should not be detectable to the King, as it was more of a direct reflex of his clawing darkness. As he had replied to Mary earlier, Oriax would not make himself a responsible babysitter; the stag before him need not know his intentions. The dappled brute took a step forward, with the intention of moving through Mary if she did not give way to him. It was not sudden or aggressive action - more of a statement towards the King that he would not be put off so easily by his formalities.

@Mary

Arthas
    His mind is clouded with anger, though his daughter begs him to calm down, he does not. Mary tries to convince him that the stallion was not courting her, but his eyes do not lie. Mary back talking to Arthas was one thing, but for a total stranger to butt into there family affairs was another thing. it seems this lovely little girl wants me to live here, with her. His eyes grow wide, he scans his gaze to Mary before settling back to the dappled brute And what intentions do you have for a filly? Being recruited is one thing, staying around for a yearling....thats another thing.

Should I accept your daughter's invitation into Sylva, will your ego follow me throughout? This stallion knew exactly what he was doing, adding fuel to the fire. In his younger days Arthas might have been quick to start a fight, or even sent the stallion on his way, but Sylva would only be strong in numbers. I surely hope that you learn to hold your tongue if you settle into Sylva, though I do not watch over my residents. I assure my daughter told you we are a kingdom for hire? I expect you to execute missions when needed, other than that I will not babysit you. His residents were free to live whatever life style they so chose, Arthas did not pry, so long as they completed there missions.

As he was finally able to get his anger under control the stallion mentioned his daughter once more I could keep her out of trouble his stomach churned with annoyance. The stallion stepped forward, was he trying to prove something? Arthas cocked his eye at the stallion, who the hell does he think he is? Well Oriax, His gaze was harsh I surely hope you are a man of your word, should my daughter find herself in trouble I will come looking for you. His gaze shifted to his daughter. Mary he gives a departure nod to his graying daughter, one last glance to Oriax before setting back off on his border patrol.

Dangerous Business

OOC: feel free to stop him if you wanted to continue with Arthas

Mary
    Mary was used to her father, he was a very bold and outspoken stallion, though to strangers he could be seen as a threat. This conversation could end decently...or terribly and she was afraid for outcome. Her father demands to know of Oriax, an his intentions, though she did not think that Oriax had any intentions...her father saw other. Oriax was quick to spit back a reply, to her shock he stood up for her...? Perhaps not directly, but he did at least in her eyes, redirecting the conversation to a job well done for her first recruit.

Her father seems a bit taken back by his statement, perhaps coming to realization that he over stepped, approaching without asking questions first. Her father of course would not admit his wronging, he would only attempt to adjust the conversation, make it seem like he was in control of the shifting, accepting Oriax into Sylva. He mentions Oriax's stay in Sylva, which only means her father approved of him.

Her maw carried a small smirk, the two continue to converse and finally Oriax speaks up again. I could keep her out of trouble his head quickly glanced to Mary and he gives her a wink before he found her fathers gaze once more. What game was he playing? A full smile now tugged at her lips, he has already mentioned before that he would not 'babysit' her, but he just made a commitment to her father stating otherwise. Either way it did not matter, she did not need someone around her all the time, it would almost be like her father when he kept a leash on her.

Oriax moves closer to Arthas, almost as if he was sizing him up, thankfully her father remained calm, he spits back about holding his commitment. She rolls her eyes when he says her name, her resentment scratching at her belly, finally her father leaves the two once again. Sorry about that...he is a hand full She looks for Oriax's blue gaze, he wanted to meet her father, and he surely got to meet him. Will you be staying even after meeting my father? She asks, curious if this would turn him away.

Long May She Reign

@[Oriax]

“I surely hope you learn to hold your tongue if you settle into Sylva, though I do not watch over my residents.” Oriax’s internals slithered at the suggestion, though his face remained stone still. The King would have to cut his acidic tongue out before Oriax would abridge his words. The brightly dappled stallion ignored Mary’s father original query (“And what intentions do you have for a filly?”), completely disregarding his concern. It was none of his concern what Oriax’s intentions were, if any intentions were there.

“Yes,” Oriax retorted dryly to the stag before him, appeasing him through fake compliance. The King admitted he did not supervise, so the younger brute would not be under a constant watchful eye. There was no need for censorship.

The stag once again spoke, with an eyebrow cocked in what appeared to be almost shocked annoyance. “Well Oriax,” He spoke with a bitter glare. “I surely hope you are a man of your word, should my daughter find herself in trouble I will come looking for you,” A threat? That was interesting, and almost inviting to the defiant dappled stallion. If Mary was as naive as she was proving, surely the King would be paying Oriax a visit within months. “Mary,” the father acknowledged his child with a harsh departing beckon, and the newcomer tilted his head curiously towards him as he began stepping away.

“My liege,” Oriax’s words were thick with feigned respect, but he blinked and returned his attention back to Mary once she parted her juvenile lips once more. “Sorry about that… he is a handful,” She began. Her gaze sought his, and his dull eyes met hers with blandness. If she considered her father’s character to be a “handful”, she would surely be surprised with the true evils tainting their Earth. Oriax did not get the chance to truly meet his new advisor, but it would take more than idle threats to shake his caged heart. “Save your apologies,” There was an ominous harshness in his rumbling voice. His blue gaze continued to bore onto Mary’s figure. “I’ll stay to spite your overbearing parent figure,” Oriax obliges, if only to drive the stinging spike of annoyance into the side of the King. It would not be for the comfort of the wide-eyed youngling before him.

“Funny, how as we grow older the quiet whisper to defy our parents becomes a near deafening roar,” Oriax states blandly, curiously sending out tendrils of query into Mary’s brain. He vaguely wondered what the reasoning for such defiance in the filly’s actions were - not enough to truly question her, but it would be an interesting topic to begin the impending corruption of a King’s daughter.

@Mary