• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All good things are wild and free; any
    Kiko chuckles at the young filly who is so eager to show her around. She hops into a canter and staying by her side, since she doesn’t know where to go. Kiko isn’t as interested in being in one of the titles positions but she knows that if she wants to be known around here, she will need to make herself known and be outgoing, which is something she struggles with.

Kiko slows down to a trot with Warlight as they arrive at the lake. “Wow, It sure is gorgeous here,” she says, getting used to her surroundings and taking a deep breath. “Its so peaceful,” she smiles as she hears the birds chirps echo around them.

@Warlight
    Warlight is content to lead her new acquaintance at an easy lope. For once, she chooses a trail she knows is free of stones and exceedingly narrow cliff-side terraces. She didn't want to be responsible for a new recruit falling off the mountain. 

They come to halt beside the crystalline waters of the lake, and Warlight nods as Kiko admires their surroundings. "It is," she agrees, as her dark gaze floats off to the far shore. Very few of the places Warlight had visited could rival Hyaline in the spring when it came to beauty. 

With two or three steps forward the yearling brings herself to stand ankle-deep in the chilly water. She dips her muzzle below the surface, taking a long drag of the pristine waters and wondering if Kiko has any more questions or if she would rather be left alone to get settled in.
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]
    Kiko smiles and chuckles but before she knows it, the filly is off cantering away. Kiko chuckles and follows her in a light canter, her stride being bigger than the yearling, so it’s pretty easy for her to keep up. “So, what does it mean to be a care taker?” She asks, curious as to what she has meant.

Once they arrive to the lake, she slows down into a slow trot and then a walk. “It sure is gorgeous here,” she says while admiring the crystal blue waters. She looks down into the water and smiles softly, seeing her reflection before looking up and seeing the yearling already in the shallow end of the lake, leaping.

Kiko chuckles as Warlight begins to splash her with water. She shakes her whole body and stands at the edge of the lake. “Having fun?” She asks.
    "I guess they just do what other leaders do..." Warlight answers vaguely, trailing off as she searches for a better answer. The yearling wasn't exactly sure what her mothers' did upon examination, but she knew whatever it was kept them very busy. 

"They kinda just run things, I guess." She elaborates unhelpfully. "My mom Kag travels a lot, recruiting she calls it, and my mom Solace stays here and makes sure everyone is safe and strangers get a proper greeting."  

Suddenly she turns back to face Kiko with a smile on her lips, "But I'm doing that job today." she says, with a hint of pride. The water stills around her as she grows more thoughtful, adjusting to the realization that she is currently representing Hyaline the same way a ranked diplomat or guard would.

"Even though someday I want to be a General... not a Caretaker or an Ambassador. What about you, what do you want to be?"
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]
    Kiko smiles, listening to the young filly who is beaming with pride. “I don’t know what I want to be, I do know I want a family at some point. I’d love to meet a nice stallion who wants to take care of me and love me,” she says, drifting off into her own fairytale. She smiles as she thinks of her future and is curious as to what it will hold.

She snaps out of her trance and goes back to War. “But as of right now, I’m not sure of what I want,” she says. “You’re doing a great job at the greeting. You’ve made me feel very welcome,” she smiles.